Groups

Thousands of online retailers breaking the law...

The BBC has a news feature about many online retailers breakling the law in respect of the distance selling regs, particularly about returning the goods and being charged postage and restocking...

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

10 Comments

yeah laptops direct the swines

yeah i saw this on the tv this morning!

Emzy81;7276202

yeah laptops direct the swines

hate them but i got my own back on them a few years ago

Bully;7276445

hate them but i got my own back on them a few years ago

How? And well done!

Banned

it says in the soga they can specify conditions and restocking fees etc if goods are not faulty.........i think this may be a case of misinformation again

although happy to be proved wrong

Emzy81;7276568

How? And well done!

they tried to invoice me an extra £25 as they said there was a surcharge to n.ireland AFTER i had bought the item and had it delivered.I ignored all their demands,emails,letter and more than 3 years later i have just got an email from paypal saying they had dropped their claim for the extra postage!

Zavvi did a dodgy thing with me, ordered 2 boxsets i.e season 2 and season 3 of a show seperate(since had 2 voucher codes) And on the email invoice it had them both the same, I emailed a few times with no replies and when I tried to ring couldnt get through. Finally 1 hour after I got a dispatch email I got a reply saying send back at my expense and they will refund me!

casparwhite;7276587

it says in the soga they can specify conditions and restocking fees etc … it says in the soga they can specify conditions and restocking fees etc if goods are not faulty.........i think this may be a case of misinformation againalthough happy to be proved wrong

The Sale Of Goods Act, and Distance Selling Regulations are two different entities.

Banned

thesaint;7281435

The Sale Of Goods Act, and Distance Selling Regulations are two different … The Sale Of Goods Act, and Distance Selling Regulations are two different entities.

same difference

berr.gov.uk/fil…pdf

happy reading
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Deliveroo11
      2. Speccing a gaming pc414
      3. iPhone 7 32GB Black Unopened11
      4. Cheap 'smart phone' for child wanted.11

See more discussions