Thread adapter

Posted 18th Dec 2019Edited by:"athunder"
Does anyone know where I can get a thread adapter/reducer like this? (for less and preferably in UK)
aliexpress.com/ite…tml
edit: just noticed this is 30 pieces, I only need 1

M5 to M8 is what I think I need

I bought one of these but the G1/8 end was too big so looks like it is the M8 size I need G 1/8

Or are there any other simple solutions?
thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
What's if for, may be a common item if you know what you're looking for, so to speak
As above - what is it for? What you've linked to are pneumatic fittings and fluid fittings - is that what you want or do you just need a thread adapter?

try looking for 'reducing nipple' or 'thread reducer'

Are you sure its a metric thread? Lots of this sort of thing is sized in imperial.
Edited by: "mas99" 18th Dec 2019
basically I bought some of these cake stamps for my wife, they are M5 size holes/bolts
I already have a handle from another(uk) seller, but it seems to be M8 size(8mm?)

so I was hoping I could find some kind of adapter to attach the M8 handle to the M5 stamps, if that makes sense? rather than order another handle from this seller which is quite expensive and would take months to arrive
I was expecting something technical

I would pop along to toolstation or screwfix and buy a length of m5 threaded rod for about £2 and a bag of m5 nuts. I'd use an offcut of wood to make up some handles and she could have half a dozen so she doesn't have to swap the handle around.

As said though - it might well be an imperial thread rather than metric.

Or an m5/m8 thread reducing insert and an m8 connector.
Edited by: "mas99" 18th Dec 2019
RS components or toolstation
mas9918/12/2019 12:39

I was expecting something technical I would pop along to toolstation or …I was expecting something technical I would pop along to toolstation or screwfix and buy a length of m5 threaded rod for about £2 and a bag of m5 nuts. I'd use an offcut of wood to make up some handles and she could have half a dozen so she doesn't have to swap the handle around.As said though - it might well be an imperial thread rather than metric.Or an m5/m8 thread reducing insert and an m8 connector.

to me, this is technical
thank you for the advice

the aliexpress stamps state size as M5,
the handle didn't say, tho i now notice there was a measurement of 8mm that I didn't notice before and can only be the width of the bolt
Edited by: "athunder" 18th Dec 2019
OK. A lot of craft stuff is designed for the american market and uses imperial sizing, but if it says m5 then you're sorted.

If you go for threaded rod then use a nut at the end and tighten it slightly against the stamp to lock it in place.
Use a hacksaw to cut the rod to size and I'd pick up some wooden handles either file handles or garden trowel handles. You might need to drill a hole into them for the rod to fit.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions