Groups

Thread has disappeared

I was just on a deal thread and asked the OP why they were posting a deal that had already been posted today. Not very strange, I admit, but the OP had posted on the earlier thread, so they knew the deal had already been posted and stranger still, that the item was already out of stock.

I just went back to see if the OP had responded to my question, but the thread had gone. I guess the mods removed it, which was a shame as I wanted to know why they decided to duplicate that deal. Has anyone any idea why anyone would do that as I just don't get it? There are enough deals out there if you really want to find and post one.

7 Comments

Who cares?

possibly the member checked the site later that day and saw the item back in stock so decided to make another thread (not knowing that pressing the report button to tell the mods that the others persons deal as back in stock would be the right thing to do, so mods could unexpire it.)

thesaint;4299683

Who cares?

responses like that means that ull never b mod, unlike me

Original Poster

thesaint;4299683

Who cares?

I don't care enough that I'm going to lose sleep over it. I just thought it was odd, that's all, but thanks for your well thought out response.

Original Poster

acecatcher3;4300102

possibly the member checked the site later that day and saw the item back … possibly the member checked the site later that day and saw the item back in stock so decided to make another thread (not knowing that pressing the report button to tell the mods that the others persons deal as back in stock would be the right thing to do, so mods could unexpire it.)

Hi acecatcher, thanks for your reply. The item was still out of stock when the OP listed the deal and they have also now been banned. I have made the mistake of duplicating a deal (even though I did look first, honest :)), but I didn't know you got banned for it.

Delightful91;4301238

Hi acecatcher, thanks for your reply. The item was still out of stock … Hi acecatcher, thanks for your reply. The item was still out of stock when the OP listed the deal and they have also now been banned. I have made the mistake of duplicating a deal (even though I did look first, honest :)), but I didn't know you got banned for it.

could be something more to it then, either a multi id or a constant trouble maker...who knows!

Original Poster

They were a newbie with 9 posts, in fact they just joined yesterday. Maybe, as you say, a multi id then. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best £500 student laptop choice?11
      2. word association Game74044543
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767380
      4. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?11

See more discussions