Groups
    EXPIRED

Three £15 PAYG All In One changing

After bringing you the last way to get the £15 One Plan earlier this year I'm back (no longer working for Three!) with some more info.

Having visited the Exeter store on the 28th of Nov I was told that the £15 All In One with unlimited internet on payg was stopping soon. Also surprise surprise they had no payg cards in stock (I know that trick after working in a 3 store)

It doesn't surprise me as 3 have been upping their contract pricing lately and are most likely removing unlimited tethering from out of contract One Plans.

I don't have a date but considering the unlimited tethering is rumoured to be removed on the 5th of Jan I imagine it's somewhere around then. Apparently one user from another forum (poor source I know) said the AIO changed to 3gb 'accidently' on their website recently and then changed back, which wouldnt surprise me as what they change it too.

"PAYG RATES THAT NEVER CHANGE" Three said, conveniently not stating the addons wouldn't change

17 Comments

There's already a huge thread about this.
    Some people were using hundreds of gb tethering and it's been stopped.
    For those still in contract, such as myself, it hasn't been communicated. They stopped offering it on 31st jan 2014 so assuming they'll let everyone run down their contracts then move them to unltd data, 4gb tethering.

DennisG

There's already a huge thread about this.Some people were using hundreds … There's already a huge thread about this.Some people were using hundreds of gb tethering and it's been stopped.For those still in contract, such as myself, it hasn't been communicated. They stopped offering it on 31st jan 2014 so assuming they'll let everyone run down their contracts then move them to unltd data, 4gb tethering.

You should be able to just continue your contract; it will just turn into a rolling contract for the same price with the same limits etc.

Mine ran out (AYCE Unlimited tethering and data) and went to a monthly contract for the same price with the same limits.
    I phoned up and knocked them down to £12.50-£15 and I still get all the same stuff with no limits on a 30 day rolling contract.

It will carry on until January, then it will be stopped. If (like me) you're on a contract that ends after that date, you'll be moved off the One Plan on contract end date. They'll move you to a plan of your choice and give you an option to leave, or you can choose a new plan yourself from the ones available at the time. None of them will have unlimited tethering though.

Comment

teh arn

You should be able to just continue your contract; it will just turn into … You should be able to just continue your contract; it will just turn into a rolling contract for the same price with the same limits etc.Mine ran out (AYCE Unlimited tethering and data) and went to a monthly contract for the same price with the same limits.I phoned up and knocked them down to £12.50-£15 and I still get all the same stuff with no limits on a 30 day rolling contract.

When was this? Absolutely sure it has unltd tethering? I'm convinced it will be removed for everyone no later than end of jan

I get to keep mine until November as I'm on a fixed 2 years contract. Anyone on a contract can keep it till the contract ends, but people on 30 day rolling deals will lose their unlimited tethering in January.

Is yours a sim only? Or a 24 month plan with a fancy phone? What's your total monthly cost?

I'm on 2 year one plan deal with the Xperia Z Ultra, costing me £38 per month. I'm on a fixed deal until November 2015, so they can't kick me off it. They will do though, at the end of my contract term.

AYCE IS GONE! I Just topped up to buy AIO15 and it's now only 500mb! Or 1gb for 25, tiny allowance for 4g

Did you top up, or buy the 30 day add on? If you just topped up, then you'll only get 150mb of data. If you topped up and bought the £15 add on, you'll get unlimited data, but just for 30 days.

DennisG

There's already a huge thread about this.Some people were using hundreds … There's already a huge thread about this.Some people were using hundreds of gb tethering and it's been stopped.For those still in contract, such as myself, it hasn't been communicated. They stopped offering it on 31st jan 2014 so assuming they'll let everyone run down their contracts then move them to unltd data, 4gb tethering.

This is regarding PAYG All In One Addon, not the One Plan

ThreeLoveMe

This is regarding PAYG All In One Addon, not the One Plan

I know, but I was asked what tariff I'm on. I made the distinction between the two tariffs in my other comments.

The sim only unlimited £15 may change, or be removed, next month, when the new year tariffs come into being.

I've got two left that I bought from Amazon. Thanks for the heads up!

OK, if you're on PAYG, you need to top up £15, hang up, redial and you'll be recomended the AIO15 with AYCE, if you buy through the menu you only get 500MB.

TaliBong

OK, if you're on PAYG, you need to top up £15, hang up, redial and you'll … OK, if you're on PAYG, you need to top up £15, hang up, redial and you'll be recomended the AIO15 with AYCE, if you buy through the menu you only get 500MB.

three.co.uk/Sto…_Go

They keep changing the top up line, the voice is now back to the old one, but you can't get to the add-ons right now, it just sends you back to the main menu after it tells about £5 add-ons, scary times for PAYG. on a side note, why have a 500MB for £5 when thats what it costs in credit anyway?

TaliBong

They keep changing the top up line, the voice is now back to the old one, … They keep changing the top up line, the voice is now back to the old one, but you can't get to the add-ons right now, it just sends you back to the main menu after it tells about £5 add-ons, scary times for PAYG. on a side note, why have a 500MB for £5 when thats what it costs in credit anyway?

Or why buy the all in one 25 when its £10 more, you get 200 more mins but at 3p per min that works out only £6?

I think the AYCE data is going (confirmed by 2 employee's) partly because people buy them just to go abroad to feel at home locations, then just go back to their other network when they return. It probably costs 3 a small fortune using the foreign operators internet, especially up to 25gb of it

The days of unlimited internet on PAYG are going.....

Edited by: "ThreeLoveMe" 7th Dec 2014

Someone in another thread heard that the cancellation of the £15 all in one with unlimited internet ends in Feb fyi
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …2598
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!543739
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767125
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423114452

See more discussions