Groups

Three (3) Mobile PAYG - What Are They Like?

Hi,

Been a long term Orange PAYG customer (10 years) and am considering switching to 3 as the text reward is better, I can get free data when I top up and ive got the free Skype to work on my WinMo phone which is cool.

I cant see that theres any risk in switching as I'm only PAYG so worst case scenario is I just buy a new Orange SIM and port my number back (right?), but wherever I look theres always bad press for 3 - can anyone comment on this please as most of the negative press that I read seems out of date. What are they like for Customer Service/Coverage these days please? I assume that most of these critiscisms only apply to contract customers paying monthly?

Also, can anyone clarify if all of the free stuff below is still provided please as it isnt mentioned on Three's website:

ciao.co.uk/3_T…112

Thanks.

11 Comments

Original Poster

Also, if it makes any difference Im buying a 3 SIM to put in my existing phone, although I may buy a cheapo 3 phone as a backup.

Cheers.

Their customer service is probably the worse of all the networks, Although Orange's customer service is said to be shocking as well.

Coverage wise for 2G they piggyback 02 and they have the best 3g coverage.

Obviously depends on area.

Original Poster

Cool, thanks for your comments - repped.

3 no longer piggy back on O2 when there is no 3 coverage, they now use orange.

From my experiance 3's c/s is not very good anf if you need help with 3, it is better try a 3 shop.

The one thing about 3 is that if you use an official supplied 3 phone you can get free skype calls to another 3 phone, I stopped using the about 12 months ago and switched back to orange.

If I went back to 3 it would only be on payg and not on a contract.

3 is useless, pile of toss

Ive had so far a great experience with 3. There customer service has always been fine and sorted my problems straight away. I wonder if the people saying they are bad have even ever used them??

deathtrap3000;7200711

Ive had so far a great experience with 3. There customer service has … Ive had so far a great experience with 3. There customer service has always been fine and sorted my problems straight away. I wonder if the people saying they are bad have even ever used them??

Yes I have been with them since they started up, and have had problems with their c/s a lot of times. One reason for staying with them, although most of the time as a back up phone, was they covered some areas where other networks did not cover, in my area.

shauneco;7200434

Their customer service is probably the worse of all the networks, … Their customer service is probably the worse of all the networks, Although Orange's customer service is said to be shocking as well.Coverage wise for 2G they piggyback 02 and they have the best 3g coverage.Obviously depends on area.

I was with 3 and only switched to T Mobile because of the particular tariff that was available , but T Mobile's customer service is way way worse than 3's imo as its in the phillipines ....... even worse than india

OP - id switch to three without worrying

Original Poster

I;ve repped as many people as possible. I'll make the switch chortly and hope that I dont ever have to suffer 3's Customer Services!

i use 3 mobile borandband whilst travelling. i initially used a payg one but now use contract because of an offer they had which made it cheaper for me to have contract than payg.

I have no problems with the internet access even whilst surfing on the motorway (on the coach!). Even works fine 40 foot from the cliff edge in berwick even though a little slower as signal not the best there!

Not sure how it rates with the other mobile networks though.

you also get £10 free credit if you port your number
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gear best shipping?44
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      3. Virgin Media TV56
      4. Tooth extraction99

See more discussions