Three (3) Network Issues

Posted 12th Dec 2019
Good morning guys. I need your help or advice for one of my issues. I'm with 3 for more than 4 years and two month ago I've done an upgrade and I signed up for another two years contract. Unfortunately, in the past month, the internet became slower, almost inexistent. This issue is not happening only in my area. Even when I'm traveling to London I've got the same issues. Please see pics with my speeds, tests which I've took in different days. I've called them so many times but they keep saying they don't know where is the issue. They sent me an replacement sim but the issue is still there. What do I have to do in this case? I told them I will stop paying till the issue is fixed but it seems they don't care at all.
I need to mention I've got two contracts with them, device contract, and for both I've got the same issue.
Let me know please what do you think is the best step to do.
Thanks a lot!
3361586-juKXR.jpg3361586-ntrcY.jpg3361586-BMLXR.jpg3361586-sM6Ge.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
I’ve always disliked Three, terrible signal and bad customer service
You may be stuck with it if there isn't a loophole to get out. If not, tell them to lower the price of contract by changing the sim deal you have. Whatever you have, tell them you don't need that much and go with a different provider.
I joined Three a few years ago and regretted it since day one. They were down all to often and signal crap in most places. There CS was terrible and when you made a complaint wanted to try and sell you something! I know that's probably not helpful but you're not alone!
I have recently left 3 mid contract. I constantly went on chat and lodged issues with my area where I work. The started by giving me a discount but eventually after the 3rd time with the technical 2nd line he said my option was to leave or get a recurring discount. As it’s there fault they may do a heavy discount but stick to your guns even if it means sending the phone back too
justanothercid12/12/2019 08:06

I have recently left 3 mid contract. I constantly went on chat and lodged …I have recently left 3 mid contract. I constantly went on chat and lodged issues with my area where I work. The started by giving me a discount but eventually after the 3rd time with the technical 2nd line he said my option was to leave or get a recurring discount. As it’s there fault they may do a heavy discount but stick to your guns even if it means sending the phone back too

I don't mind giving the phones back to them. I told them this already. I will try to call them again today.
Mines been the same for the last month, thought it was just me, think I’ll give them a ring.
I was thinking to do an OFCAM complain. Anyone done it before? It's worth doing that?
twitter.com/Thr…ken

Your not the only one. Was with 3 for years and very happy with them but recently (past 6 months ish) data speeds have reduced and the signal in cities is just awful probably due to congestion.

I am still tempeted to go with them when 5G is readily avaliable and mature (2-4 years away) but in the meantime I switched to EE and they have been great.
I was with them for At least 6 years and the same happened so I left, was shame they were good value at the time...
Went from EE to three. Do regret it. I got unlimited data but no point having unlimited when you are getting 1mbps.
adamderak12/12/2019 09:02

Went from EE to three. Do regret it. I got unlimited data but no point …Went from EE to three. Do regret it. I got unlimited data but no point having unlimited when you are getting 1mbps.

I was with giffgaff but the download speeds have been terrible lately so I’ve moved to EE. Tbh EE used to be terrible for signal but are a lot better now and I get on average 130mbps on 4G
Hi ANG94. I would like to give you the same advice I would give anyone who is under a 'contract' with a company. The same advice a tenant with a rental agreement on their home, who are having issues with a landlord would receive for instance:-

NEVER, EVER WITHHOLD PAYMENT.

I know it hurts, and you hate paying for a service you don't feel you are getting but this is the worst thing to do. It WILL count against you if it comes to a head. It is a contract and you would be in breach of it. The best thing to do is to build a case and just keep nagging at them until they get fed up and do something. I would call every day if I had to, just to prove a point.

Can you try a different phone? Just to rule out equipment issue(s)? What speeds WERE you getting prior to the problems you now face? Joking aside, your speeds shown in your photo(s) are a lot faster than my home connection - like, three times+ as fast!

Without a solidly evidenced case, I'm not sure OFCOM would be of much use - yet. Yes, I know it's frustrating but I'm sure Three will eventually be able to narrow down the root cause of your issue if you poke them enough. I don't know enough about mobile contracts (as never had one) but do they 'guarantee' a minimum speed (like landline ISP's) and if so,are they actually exceeding them - even though they are slower than usual?

All the best, Phsy.
Can I ask what phone you have please and if you have a case on it?
ndyanem12/12/2019 09:54

Can I ask what phone you have please and if you have a case on it?

P30 Pro. I've tried with other phones too. Same issue.
Ok sounds odd if you’ve tried other phones and had a sim replacement. I know there have been issues near large cities due to the upgrade of 5g maybe that’s the issue?
Well, as a comparison - I'm on three and I just did a speedcheck:

Down - 4.81 Mb/s
Up - 1.14 Mb/s

This is on 3G (H+)

How's that for slow! Mind you, that's faster than my ADSL landline!
Since last year it's gone very slow, with a full signal you still can't manage to load anything up over 3g or 4g. Since they aren't the only ones doing unlimited data now, will look to move.
39333658-e6VcJ.jpg
With three aswell and usually above 10 on 3g and above 20 on 4g but had 66 before
Three told me on Twitter that work to enable 5G has affected 4G speeds in some areas.

But I stick with them as their worldwide roaming prices cannot be beaten. I got inclusive use while in Austrailia for three weeks and other networks would have charged £5 a day or more.
I'm with Three , have been for years. Loved them, then earlier this year it turned abysmal. Rang them up and complained, was given a discount (on all four contracts) and told it was due to work being done in the area.
Lasted about two weeks, but now I have lightening speed at home (where the problem was) and things are hunky dory again. - though I still get issues out and about all over the country, but that's not a personal issue it's geographical.
I've been with Three for years (over ten) and recently left for similar reasons. Slower speeds or no data at all - went to Sky for a tiny bit more cost, and double the data, and seems OK just now.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants