Three (3) network retention deals advice needed

Found 4th Nov 2010
My contract expires in about 2 months but I've been eligible to upgrade for a month now. What retention deals have hukd'ers received recently from 3?

I'm currently on a loyalty discount and paying £5/month for 500 mins + 100txt. I pay £5 extra for internet so £10 in total.

Any help/tips would be appreciated.

8 Comments

Banned

im sure there is a site that compares for u.

Original Poster

Leeka1909

im sure there is a site that compares for u.

AFAIK, there's no site that compares retention deals? Thanks though

Retention deals are based on your spend over the last 6 months, so there's no point comparing them as everyone spend (to some degree) is different.

For example, if your plan price is £25 a month and you go over every months by £20 you'll get a great offer as they can see they'll make money out of you.
If your plan is £15 a month and you never go over you're not going get very much at all as they can see no profit . . .

I got nothing as I wanted the iPhone 4. My route is going to be to port (how I hate that stupid industry term, let's call it transfer), to transfer my number to another network then use quidco or something similar to get £50 or so cash credit as a brand new customer.

(_;) (me hopes)

Original Poster

steve1221

Retention deals are based on your spend over the last 6 months, so … Retention deals are based on your spend over the last 6 months, so there's no point comparing them as everyone spend (to some degree) is different. For example, if your plan price is £25 a month and you go over every months by £20 you'll get a great offer as they can see they'll make money out of you.If your plan is £15 a month and you never go over you're not going get very much at all as they can see no profit . . .

I think there's more to it than that. There's how long you've been with the network, number of contracts etc. I didn't spend much before I was offered the great contract I'm on now.

teerex

I'm currently on a loyalty discount and paying £5/month for 500 mins + … I'm currently on a loyalty discount and paying £5/month for 500 mins + 100txt.

Nice discount. I have a lifetime discount with them of £5 pcm for 300/300 mins/texts. I used to get a new phone every 12 or 18 months which when sold paid for the whole term and sometimes more. They wised up last year so no new phone unless I change tariff.
Edited by: "Agharta" 5th Nov 2010

Original Poster

Anyone upgraded recently and got a good deal?

Does anyone know if there are any decent retention deals for SIM only contracts? I'm currently on a 30 day SIM only £10 per month. Thinking of cancelling to see where it gets me!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The term 'Smart TV'55
    2. Amazon Prime membership BF discount11
    3. Holiday discount centre is a scam34
    4. Camera33

See more discussions