Groups

Three 40 GB Mobile Broadband Plan [existing customers]

[existing customers]
    I managed to get 40GB of data a month on a 12 month contract for £20 PM with a Huawei B310 thrown in.

5 Comments

Nice!

The offer has been around for a while, and is for new customers as well. It has been discussed at ISPReview in recent months. The B310 seems to be a decent router for signal acquisition, the internal antenna doing better than one reviewers external roof antenna.

I have been trying to persuade some elderly friends to dump their BT line and go for this; they are paying on average £70 per month to BT for calls, line rental and 150Kb internet.
    And that 150Kb is on a good day.

Gentle_Giant

The offer has been around for a while, and is for new customers as well. … The offer has been around for a while, and is for new customers as well. It has been discussed at ISPReview in recent months. The B310 seems to be a decent router for signal acquisition, the internal antenna doing better than one reviewers external roof antenna.I have been trying to persuade some elderly friends to dump their BT line and go for this; they are paying on average £70 per month to BT for calls, line rental and 150Kb internet.And that 150Kb is on a good day.

Jezuz. Can you borrow a usb modem/smartphone and show them the speed difference ? EE do a unlimited mins, texts and 30GB for £30 for 12 months. "House mobile" and a "hotspot" or via usb cable. Thats what I used to do and from mid Feb I will be back on this, even paying Sky £15 for line & broadband was a waste of cash as I don't stream, hardly download either (the odd manual or song) - I am a surfer (bargain hunting one lol).

£70 ? I spend just over that on all my house utilities a month at £80 - well I will again from mid month, I'm frugal - cooking ? open the window not extractor fan, bathroom fan OFF shower with door open and Poundland for a Neutradol/GoCroc once a month, my dark hall has sensor plugin nightlights, gas heating timer 15 mins on 15 off, switch to OFF/ON as needed. £70 to BT?? PFFFTT!!! You really need to get that sorted!

I know, it is insane, but the guy is nearly 80, and set in his ways, and his wife is such a technophobe, that when their router got accidentally unplugged last year, rather than let me talk her through how to plug it back in and switch it back on, she PAID a man to come and do it!! (I was in France at the time).

Gentle_Giant

I know, it is insane, but the guy is nearly 80, and set in his ways, and … I know, it is insane, but the guy is nearly 80, and set in his ways, and his wife is such a technophobe, that when their router got accidentally unplugged last year, rather than let me talk her through how to plug it back in and switch it back on, she PAID a man to come and do it!! (I was in France at the time).

You really need to use their pc and hotspot from your mobile lol, ask his wife can you show her a video of something (she'll love) - then - "oh its so slow, I'll use my mobile as a modem!" - use BBC iplayer or something, something she recognises and trusts

Let her see you use good internet speed - a wife even old school one will tell her husband whats going to be happening with the dismal *cough* broadband

Fear met with indirectness confronts fear, directness sometimes compounds fear
    Edited by: "seaniboy" 6th Feb
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2648
      2. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2125
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846284
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1010

See more discussions