Three 4G broadband and Kodi

Posted 25th Jan
Hi,

I’ve installed Kodi on my fire stick but I watch anything on it, it will play for 5-10 seconds, buffer for 5 seconds and plays again, constantly.

My download speed is between 25-35 and upload is between 10-20.

Does 3UK block the streaming on Kodi? When I watch iplayer or Netflix on the fire stick I’ve no issues?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
No it doesn’t block it, I had the same problem with a Firestick while using WiFi. Try buying an Ethernet adapter for the Firestick
If your hot spotting from your phone then download Kodi on your phone and mirror it to your tv
Arto25/01/2020 13:18

If your hot spotting from your phone then download Kodi on your phone and …If your hot spotting from your phone then download Kodi on your phone and mirror it to your tv

I’ve the 3UK Huawei B311 router. Using an Ethernet cable to the fire stick wouldn’t be an option. I can’t understand why it keeps buffering when I watch various side loaded apps, Kodi and cinema etc
deleted2100705
Thats kodi it should work minimum 2mbps, you need to find a stable feed, and thats the problem with kodi,i gave up and went for a good iptv service
Arto25/01/2020 13:18

If your hot spotting from your phone then download Kodi on your phone and …If your hot spotting from your phone then download Kodi on your phone and mirror it to your tv

It kills the phone in the long run .. totally bad idea if you want to stream movies
Hullablue25/01/2020 13:31

I’ve the 3UK Huawei B311 router. Using an Ethernet cable to the fire stick …I’ve the 3UK Huawei B311 router. Using an Ethernet cable to the fire stick wouldn’t be an option. I can’t understand why it keeps buffering when I watch various side loaded apps, Kodi and cinema etc

What size is the option your choosing? The bigger the stream is in size the harder it will be to stream without buffer. Also are you using Real Debrid?
Try using cinema box instead of kodi.... for movies or iptv for other stuff...

firesticktricks.com is a good site and lots of info and also idiot guide on installing apps..
Hullablue25/01/2020 13:31

...I can’t understand why it keeps buffering when I watch various side l …...I can’t understand why it keeps buffering when I watch various side loaded apps, Kodi and cinema etc

If it doesn't buffer when accessing paid-subscription services but does buffer when accessing questionable services, I'd suggest you are getting what you've paid for and the source is the issue, not the cellular or local network.
Bargainhead25/01/2020 14:02

Try using cinema box instead of kodi.... for movies or iptv for other …Try using cinema box instead of kodi.... for movies or iptv for other stuff... firesticktricks.com is a good site and lots of info and also idiot guide on installing apps..

I do use Cinema for watch movies or TV shows, this would be the main app I use on my fire stick but it’s constantly buffering
deleted210070525/01/2020 13:32

Thats kodi it should work minimum 2mbps, you need to find a stable feed, …Thats kodi it should work minimum 2mbps, you need to find a stable feed, and thats the problem with kodi,i gave up and went for a good iptv service

What IPTV service do you use?
Hullablue25/01/2020 14:13

I do use Cinema for watch movies or TV shows, this would be the main app I …I do use Cinema for watch movies or TV shows, this would be the main app I use on my fire stick but it’s constantly buffering

I do use Cinema for watch movies or TV shows, this would be the main app I …I do use Cinema for watch movies or TV shows, this would be the main app I use on my fire stick but it’s constantly buffering

You said kodi was buffering not cinema box, are you using the stand alone app or through kodi. On one of my fire sticks cinema buffers sometimes so I just change the source. It’s to do with WiFi as I’ve tried others in the same room and they have the same issue even my shield

When using Kodi I recommend using Real Debrid as it stops buffering 99% of the time and you get 100s more links per movie/episode
saeed281025/01/2020 13:41

It kills the phone in the long run .. totally bad idea if you want to …It kills the phone in the long run .. totally bad idea if you want to stream movies

Been using a 4G phone as a hotspot streaming an hour or more a night for the past year, and still seems fine. The threat seems a little overblown (but I do have backup cheap 4G phones for if it ever does die!)

OP, Kodi works fine with Three (other than the occasions when the speed drops too low). If the speed is OK I suspect it is a source issue, and that was always the case even with conventional fibre.
Ferris25/01/2020 14:47

Been using a 4G phone as a hotspot streaming an hour or more a night for …Been using a 4G phone as a hotspot streaming an hour or more a night for the past year, and still seems fine. The threat seems a little overblown (but I do have backup cheap 4G phones for if it ever does die!)OP, Kodi works fine with Three (other than the occasions when the speed drops too low). If the speed is OK I suspect it is a source issue, and that was always the case even with conventional fibre.

Thanks for your reply. I’ll try your suggestions and try various different sources.
I use a 4k stick with Three and a router. Speeds are very similar to yours but probably go even lower during the peak hours. I use RD with kodi and only get buffering if it's a 4k file. 1080p files stream fine.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants