Three 4g speed gone faster?

Posted 25th Nov
I have had a three contract for 2 years. Honestly, their speeds have been Pooh up until a few days ago...

Has anyone else experienced a sudden speed increase with using Three?

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
I cancelled my contract last week & I'm now using a different network.

You're welcome.
I just checked 1.8mbps. so still crap
Just checked mine, 58Mbps Down, 17Mbps Up
Maybe try a different dns server. Usually speeds up the tinternet.

Otherwise get network closest to local tower, it will obviously be faster.

I get a good 4g signal but live slap bang next to a hospital so have to compete with folks steaming TV etc. Still manage 23mbit.
Edited by: "MonkeysUncle" 26th Nov
MonkeysUncle26/11/2019 01:51

...I get a good 4g signal but live slap bang next to a hospital so have to …...I get a good 4g signal but live slap bang next to a hospital so have to compete with folks steaming TV etc...

Those poor transvestites.
I've actually had the opposite... Three are saying they're upgrading their network, but in the last couple of weeks my signal and speeds have been poorer
I'd dreadfull speed untill i switch phone. i'd note 9, up 0.5-0.6 mbps and down 1-2 mbps. in same place, same sim i insert to my pixel 4 xl now 4-5 up and 20-25mbps down. so then i insert my wife's 3 sim in note 9, its same slow. my note 9 is unlocked and retail vesion (XEU Firmware) . only things make sense is pixel use different band or different settings.
I've also just left 3 - but for the past couple of months I was getting 4G+ icons on my phone, and in those areas, performance was certainly better.

I left, as I had no signal for a week in Orkney (previous visits had been fine), and have been struggling to get data in inner cities away from home for a while.
Live in rural Lincolnshire get 40 download/8/9 upload on three. Plusnet broadband 7/8 download 1 upload.
I'm on 3. Just tested.
39122782-l3ClB.jpgGreat huh??

The whole picture...

The history of the past couple of days...

39122782-XXDCr.jpg
Some great and some not so good.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions