Three Contract Cancellation

Found 14th Aug 2012
My 3 contract has just finished its 18month span.

I've been getting:
900 mins
5000 texts
3GB internet add-on
Free international Calling
for £14.49 pm

I've been with free forever. I thought I would do the usual thing of phoning up and threatening to cancel to get maybe a little money knocked off and a new phone. It's worked every time so far, except for today!

The guy just refused to put me through to cancellations and tried to sell me a £25pm contract that was so much worse than what I'm getting. After asking about 50 times to be put through to cancellations in order to get my PAC code he said that he was cancellations and he'd send it to me. I'm now waiting for the code by text.

Does anyone know if the cancellation system for Three has changed? I feel like there is a cancellation department and he was just refusing to connect me. I seem to remember you get put through to UK based call centres when cancelling. Did i get mugged off and should i try again?

NB. My minutes, texts and data is perfect, i just want a new phone that i can sell on in return for signing up to a 18/24 month contract.
Community Updates
19 Comments
You have an excellent deal.

I have a feeling they want to move you away from such a good deal.
I pay like 2.5 times that and get far worse. Whats wrong with £14 a month?!

I dont think 3 care anymore if you leave them, they didnt when i said i was going.

It was more like "bye bye, heres your code, see you around"
Typical case of greed .... Has a fantastic deal but wants more and dosent want to pay for it
wow wish i was paying that wtf you complaning about
thats interesting, just came off the phone with three in ragards to upgrade, you've actually got a good deal there. i have 500 mins, 5000 texts , 1gb internet and 5000 three to three for 15.32. and all i want is a decent phone but they kept trying to increase my montlhy contract which is a no-no for me. the best they offered to keep my current deal was the nokia c201 which isnt what im after. so will think further on this or might just buy a phone and keep the contract without being tied in for another 24 months
Edited by: "scorpin" 14th Aug 2012
Original Poster
Kev265

Typical case of greed .... Has a fantastic deal but wants more and dosent … Typical case of greed .... Has a fantastic deal but wants more and dosent want to pay for it

It's not greed. The greed lies with the Mobile Networks. All I'm doing is legitimately getting the best deal i possibly can! I've just done this every year when my contract is up in order to whittle a little off the price and add a little more onto what I'm getting. I must have peaked last year. But if you don't try, you don't get!!
It is greed ... You have the best you can get for that price and some ..... Like you said you have done this to them for years

And every year all you want is more for less you want to have what you currently get ( an awesome package at a fantastic rate) and get a "free" awesome phobe to go with it .... Selfish greeeeeeeeed
Original Poster
i think i"m just shop savvy. Who doesn't like to pay a little for a lot? You should try it!
are 3 generally good then ?

what kind of prices they offering on contracts with a galaxy s3
Original Poster
Havince

are 3 generally good then ?what kind of prices they offering on contracts … are 3 generally good then ?what kind of prices they offering on contracts with a galaxy s3

when i get reception it's excellent. The signal can be a bit hit and miss though. I think more so than other networks. Customer service is poor as well. But for the money, they're decent.

Seem pricey on the S3
store.three.co.uk/Sam…III
I would also like to know if there's a separate cancellations department as I'm an an awful contract that's coming to an end.

300mins 5000txts 500mb £25.50 p/m
JamesClark1991

I would also like to know if there's a separate cancellations department … I would also like to know if there's a separate cancellations department as I'm an an awful contract that's coming to an end.300mins 5000txts 500mb £25.50 p/m

But guessing you got a good phone with that deal?

If not I feel sorry for you for accepting a deal that is so poor.
Three seem ok to me. I spoke to them today. I am 7 months in on a 24 month contract, and they said I could cancel the contract without penalty, but would have to send my Galaxy S2 back to them. An alternative they offered was to exchange my S2 for a S3, and stay on the contract I was, so still being 7 months in.

Any idea which is best, I could get a new contract and quidco, or stay on my original contract with a new handset?
GAVINLEWISHUKD

But guessing you got a good phone with that deal? If not I feel sorry for … But guessing you got a good phone with that deal? If not I feel sorry for you for accepting a deal that is so poor.

I got a decent phone, but it was totally not worth it. Was a Xperia Mini Pro and at the time they were the cheapest provider
i know the op was having a long shot here but calling him selfish greedy sounds a bit jealous to me lol. I don't push t-mobile for my fab simo deals which i have been renewing year on year for the same price 600 mins, unlimited landline and 3GB internet with HSDPA speed and 500 texts two contracts for £12.50 a month in total.
Edited by: "pied_piper" 15th Aug 2012
I have 300mix'n'match minutes/texts, 2gb Internet that allows tethering and 10,000 three to three minutes. It costs a whopping £7.24 it is a SIM only deal so no phone but I reckon it's a great deal. They offered it at at price without any coercion.

So basically it's always worth asking for abetter deal, it's not greed but if they say no after 50 times it's time to accept facts.
ALLSA that seems really good for a company that, to offer to upgrade your phone for nothing

nobody else would do that
Havince

ALLSA that seems really good for a company that, to offer to upgrade your … ALLSA that seems really good for a company that, to offer to upgrade your phone for nothingnobody else would do that

I think if you manage to get to the higher ups at Three, they don't have to go through the normal procedures, and can offer you better options.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants