Three Data Reward Sim: 200MB data per month free (no upfront cost)

Posted 14th Jul
This has been posted several times before, but always with a lot of misinformation swirling around. I've just activated one of these today, so to clarify:

- The deal is still active. You don't need to spend £10 for to get this sim. Make sure you use the above deal link to go to the right page. £0 cost, £0 p&p. Sim arrives in around 3 days.

- You don't need to top up anything to start using the free data. If you do want to top-up to get some calling and texting ability, or extra data, it's using 3-2-1 sim rates.

- Yes it works on phones. Don't worry about their literature saying it's for tablets and dongles only. Or even their customer service reps saying the same thing.

- Get the sim, put it in your device. It should automatically set up all APNs etc on your device, Switch off wifi. Switch on Three mobile data. The literature that comes with the sim says to go to "three.co.uk/freedata". DON'T. You will get the message "Sorry, your current SIM isn't eligible" if you do that.

- Instead, go to devicereg.three.hostedservice.net/ - this should give you the registration form you need. Complete it. A link will be sent to your email to confirm registration. Click on it. You're done. 200MB a month free.
Community Updates

Groups

30 Comments
Thanks, I received one of these SIMs a week or two back and going to the link they said did indeed come back saying the SIM was ineligible. I'll try your link in a few days when my doodgee phone arrives.
Hi there please could you put the link below as I can’t see it please ??
dkj25514/07/2020 16:52

Thanks, I received one of these SIMs a week or two back and going to the …Thanks, I received one of these SIMs a week or two back and going to the link they said did indeed come back saying the SIM was ineligible. I'll try your link in a few days when my doodgee phone arrives.

I had the same issue - not impressed because I was following the instructions that came with the SIM. Is the SIM now unusable because of the previous attempt? It certainly seems that this could be the case.
Heard that you need to keep the sim active and in use otherwise in 6 months the sim gets deactivated?
quattroken14/07/2020 17:13

I had the same issue - not impressed because I was following the …I had the same issue - not impressed because I was following the instructions that came with the SIM. Is the SIM now unusable because of the previous attempt? It certainly seems that this could be the case.

No should be fine. Try it again.

MrMaccieKFC14/07/2020 17:16

Heard that you need to keep the sim active and in use otherwise in 6 …Heard that you need to keep the sim active and in use otherwise in 6 months the sim gets deactivated?

That's standard for all sims. Nothing special about Three Data Reward there. Just top-up £2 anytime in the six months after activation, send one chargeable text (2p), then send one chargeable text every six months afterwards. That lasts 50 years!
Edited by: "Chinchinabulation" 14th Jul
MrMaccieKFC14/07/2020 17:16

Heard that you need to keep the sim active and in use otherwise in 6 …Heard that you need to keep the sim active and in use otherwise in 6 months the sim gets deactivated?

Have 4 sims still active after 4 years never had to put any money on any of them, though two do have gad when we use them on holidays. One sim I use when away with work and used it in February fir the first time in two years. So unless something has changed....
I have just received my sim today, and I decided to visit the Web page that you suggested, but the problem is that it took me to the exact same page as the page that the sim card instructed me to use, also saying that my sim is invalid to receive the 200mb free every month. Eventually I just decideded to use forget about the 200mb free data and focused on switching my number, and topping up my phone. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Same problem here
Cheers OP. Instructions worked fine for me - 200MB of free data and calls working at 3p per minute. Liking the fact you only need to top up £2 a time.
Edited by: "bobogago" 18th Jul
bobogago18/07/2020 19:46

Cheers OP. Instructions worked fine for me - 200MB of free data and calls …Cheers OP. Instructions worked fine for me - 200MB of free data and calls working at 3p per minute. Liking the fact you only need to top up £2 a time.

Could please explain to me how you were able to receive the 200mb? Thank you.
Chinchinabulation14/07/2020 18:26

No should be fine. Try it again. That's standard for all sims. Nothing …No should be fine. Try it again. That's standard for all sims. Nothing special about Three Data Reward there. Just top-up £2 anytime in the six months after activation, send one chargeable text (2p), then send one chargeable text every six months afterwards. That lasts 50 years!

bobogago18/07/2020 19:46

Cheers OP. Instructions worked fine for me - 200MB of free data and calls …Cheers OP. Instructions worked fine for me - 200MB of free data and calls working at 3p per minute. Liking the fact you only need to top up £2 a time.

Did you pay for the sim or did you recieve free?
Redvillage6518/07/2020 20:17

Could please explain to me how you were able to receive the 200mb? Thank …Could please explain to me how you were able to receive the 200mb? Thank you.

By following the instructions the OP included in the deal description.
But I have been following the instructions, and the Web page said that my sim was invalid for 200mb. Thank you for taking your time answering my questions.
bobogago18/07/2020 20:27

By following the instructions the OP included in the deal description.

"OP" I find that quite confusing. Could you please share the link that you used to follow the instructions?
Redvillage6518/07/2020 20:46

"OP" I find that quite confusing. Could you please share the link that you …"OP" I find that quite confusing. Could you please share the link that you used to follow the instructions?

OP means the original poster of the deal.

The instructions, copied from above:

- Get the sim, put it in your device. It should automatically set up all APNs etc on your device, Switch off wifi. Switch on Three mobile data. The literature that comes with the sim says to go to "three.co.uk/freedata". DON'T. You will get the message "Sorry, your current SIM isn't eligible" if you do that.

- Instead, go to devicereg.three.hostedservice.net/ - this should give you the registration form you need. Complete it. A link will be sent to your email to confirm registration. Click on it. You're done. 200MB a month free.

Confirmation:

41427423-6vpom.jpg
41427423-8Ojgz.jpg
bobogago18/07/2020 21:01

OP means the original poster of the deal. The instructions, copied from …OP means the original poster of the deal. The instructions, copied from above:- Get the sim, put it in your device. It should automatically set up all APNs etc on your device, Switch off wifi. Switch on Three mobile data. The literature that comes with the sim says to go to "three.co.uk/freedata". DON'T. You will get the message "Sorry, your current SIM isn't eligible" if you do that.- Instead, go to devicereg.three.hostedservice.net/ - this should give you the registration form you need. Complete it. A link will be sent to your email to confirm registration. Click on it. You're done. 200MB a month free.Confirmation:[Image] [Image]

I have tried doing this, but it has taken me to the Web page where its says my sim is eligible. Could you could tell me what I am doing wrong?
Redvillage6518/07/2020 21:28

I have tried doing this, but it has taken me to the Web page where its …I have tried doing this, but it has taken me to the Web page where its says my sim is eligible. Could you could tell me what I am doing wrong?

Sorry, no idea.
Not eligble
bobogago18/07/2020 21:32

Sorry, no idea.

What about that star at the end of the link.
Your link doesn’t show the form you have to fill in.
Have few nephews and nieces who could do with this

Ordered a sim 2 weeks ago and now you have to top up £10 to get the 200mb a month
Edited by: "Misslovely" 18th Jul
bobogago18/07/2020 21:38

What star?

Oh, I see the star now - on a bigger screen. I must have typed that as I was reading it from this big screen.

Misslovely18/07/2020 23:03

Your link doesn’t show the form you have to fill in. Have few nephews and n …Your link doesn’t show the form you have to fill in. Have few nephews and nieces who could do with thisOrdered a sim 2 weeks ago and now you have to top up £10 to get the 200mb a month

If you've tried this - fresh 3 sim inserted and wifi off - and it doesn't work then maybe they've closed the loophole.

First, make sure you're connected to our network. Then we can check that you've got a compatible SIM and get you online. Just turn off Wi-Fi in your device settings and then refresh this page.
I ordered this sim a year ago and it didnt work. As this offer was posted again thougjt i give it another try. Still doesnt work. Wonder what im doing wrong
Thanks for this but its finished now yeah?

Can anyone please let us know if it is still possible to register.
Thank you! Was struggling to register all day yesterday, the link provided did the job.
ace10109/08/2020 09:38

Thank you! Was struggling to register all day yesterday, the link provided …Thank you! Was struggling to register all day yesterday, the link provided did the job.

You were able to get the free 200mb included with the free data reward sim? Could you please instruct me on how to do this?
Sure, just activated a second sim right now. Took less than 1 minute.

Order the free datasim - three.co.uk/dat…ard
Insert the sim into the device and switch off WiFi
Go to the link provided at top - devicereg.three.hostedservice.net/
Follow the steps on the form, confirm your email address and that's it. No top-up required.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants