THREE - Do They Do Deals In-store? (Samsung S10+)

Posted 16th FebEdited by:"rob196969696"
I have about 2 months left on my current THREE sim only deal and i need a new mobile phone just now. I was thinking of going for a Samsung S10+ on a 2 year contract. The deals on the THREE website are terrible. Am i likely to get a good deal in i go into a Three store.

I found this deal below on 'mobile-phones.co.uk' which seems a decent deal as im paying 20 pounds per month for unlimited data and calls 'sim only'.

Phone
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus
128GB, Prism Green
Upfront -£49 Monthly - £42 (65 pounds cashback on Quidco.)

Plan , 100GB data, Unlimited minutes, , unlimited texts, 24 month Advanced plan

Includes: Personal Hotspot , Go Roam Around the World, Go Binge
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

19 Comments
39918538-7uC67.jpg
Mark_Hickman16/02/2020 11:14

[Image]

Hi Mark thanks for the link. Are these sites reliable for cashback? Its a great deal but im a bit reluctant to be spending 49 pounds per month on my mobile contract.
rob19696969616/02/2020 11:19

Hi Mark thanks for the link. Are these sites reliable for cashback? Its a …Hi Mark thanks for the link. Are these sites reliable for cashback? Its a great deal but im a bit reluctant to be spending 49 pounds per month on my mobile contract.

Yes mobilephonesdirect are a well known company with easy online cashback claims, i thought 42 seemed high for an s10 so i definitely wouldn't tell you to spend 49 if the cashback wasn't reliable.
They have good reviews and are owned by ao, think it used to be owned by carphonewarehouse
Edited by: "Mark_Hickman" 16th Feb
Mark_Hickman16/02/2020 11:25

Yes mobilephonesdirect are a well known company with easy online cashback …Yes mobilephonesdirect are a well known company with easy online cashback claims, i thought 42 seemed high for an s10 so i definitely wouldn't tell you to spend 49 if the cashback wasn't reliable.They have good reviews and are owned by ao, think it used to be owned by carphonewarehouse

Nice one thanks for the feedback. It give me something to consider. Its a pity i have 2 month left on my contract.
Cheaper to buy a Nokia or something for sake of 2 months..

If not go on chat and see if they will help you out given short contract they should wave any fees and don’t accept first offer even threaten to leave till deal works for you..
I don't tend to get phones on pay monthly as its usually cheaper to purchase the phone outright and go on Sim only.

So £49 Monthly X 24 Months = £1176

Amazon Germany are selling a S10 for £510 at current exchange rate (give or take)

amazon.de/dp/…8-3

you may even be able to get it cheaper elsewhere!

Since your contract is almost up, haggle a good sim only deal. I currently pay £8 a month (12 months) for Unlimited SMS, Unlimited Calls and 100Gb of data.

So Phone cost = £510
£8 a month times 12 = £96
Total over the year is £606 (ish)

it's not an exact science but you get the idea
justanothercid16/02/2020 12:50

Cheaper to buy a Nokia or something for sake of 2 months.. If not go on …Cheaper to buy a Nokia or something for sake of 2 months.. If not go on chat and see if they will help you out given short contract they should wave any fees and don’t accept first offer even threaten to leave till deal works for you..

I Thanks i might just pester them to let me close my account early. I would be taking a new Tree contract out anyways. I did ask on the chat for a good deal but i got told 49 upfront and 42 per month for 2 years. That would let me continue with the number i have. cheers
Mark_Hickman16/02/2020 11:25

Yes mobilephonesdirect are a well known company with easy online cashback …Yes mobilephonesdirect are a well known company with easy online cashback claims, i thought 42 seemed high for an s10 so i definitely wouldn't tell you to spend 49 if the cashback wasn't reliable.They have good reviews and are owned by ao, think it used to be owned by carphonewarehouse

Hi Mark do they pay the cashback via 5 equal installments as it does not mention the precise amounts per individual cachback transaction.
rob19696969616/02/2020 11:19

Hi Mark thanks for the link. Are these sites reliable for cashback? Its a …Hi Mark thanks for the link. Are these sites reliable for cashback? Its a great deal but im a bit reluctant to be spending 49 pounds per month on my mobile contract.

Generally reliable unless the merchant providing the cashback ceases trading for any reason; one historical example being phones4u.
rob19696969616/02/2020 11:50

...Its a pity i have 2 month left on my contract.

Two months should be sufficient to upgrade with 3 waiving the early upgrade fee = sorted, but you must not upgrade in-store, and you may think you want to upgrade to a handset contract, but you really want to upgrade to another SIMO contract.
Basic summary:
1) communicate with 3 via chat / phone to confirm your / any SIMO upgrade will have any early upgrade fee waived;
2) if the upgrade fee will be waived, proceed with the upgrade, confirming at the end of the upgrade ramble when the upgrade is / will be live (it's usually immediately if SIMO upgrade = perfect)
3) sort whatever deal you want on whatever handset you want from whatever supplier you want.
4) within 14 days of the 3 SIMO upgrade, exercise your right to cancel an off-premises sale at no penalty, although likely you will tell 3 you are exercising your right to cancel the day after the upgrade and optionally request PAC to juggle your number to new ongoing contract either directly or a double hop if staying with the 3 network.
You could modify 3 & 4 by seeing what 3 will offer you to not exercise your 14day right to cancel at no penalty, but likely 3 will not be able to match a 3rd-party cashback deal unless you play hardball with 3s retention team, and that can be heavy going compared to an off-the-peg deal elsewhere.
T4yorks16/02/2020 13:12

I don't tend to get phones on pay monthly as its usually cheaper to …I don't tend to get phones on pay monthly as its usually cheaper to purchase the phone outright and go on Sim only.So £49 Monthly X 24 Months = £1176Amazon Germany are selling a S10 for £510 at current exchange rate (give or take)https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07MTXWLRP/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=galaxy+s10&qid=1581858056&sr=8-3you may even be able to get it cheaper elsewhere!Since your contract is almost up, haggle a good sim only deal. I currently pay £8 a month (12 months) for Unlimited SMS, Unlimited Calls and 100Gb of data.So Phone cost = £510 £8 a month times 12 = £96Total over the year is £606 (ish)it's not an exact science but you get the idea

Hi Mate thanks for your reply. I usually buy my phone and sim separately but on this occasion it would suit me to pay it up. Also its the S10 plus model not the s10, the cheapest i have seen it new is 640 pounds iirc. Who did you go to for that sim deal its very cheap. The Three deal is 49 upfront and 42 pounds per month = 1057 minus 65 cashback from Quidco but that if you take out a new contract.
T4yorks16/02/2020 13:12

I don't tend to get phones on pay monthly as its usually cheaper to …I don't tend to get phones on pay monthly as its usually cheaper to purchase the phone outright and go on Sim only.So £49 Monthly X 24 Months = £1176Amazon Germany are selling a S10 for £510 at current exchange rate (give or take)https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07MTXWLRP/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=galaxy+s10&qid=1581858056&sr=8-3you may even be able to get it cheaper elsewhere!Since your contract is almost up, haggle a good sim only deal. I currently pay £8 a month (12 months) for Unlimited SMS, Unlimited Calls and 100Gb of data.So Phone cost = £510 £8 a month times 12 = £96Total over the year is £606 (ish)it's not an exact science but you get the idea

The contract is 32.50 after cashback so its 780 not 1176.
Where can you get a 100gb per month sim for £8 ?
AndyRoyd16/02/2020 14:03

Two months should be sufficient to upgrade with 3 waiving the early …Two months should be sufficient to upgrade with 3 waiving the early upgrade fee = sorted, but you must not upgrade in-store, and you may think you want to upgrade to a handset contract, but you really want to upgrade to another SIMO contract.Basic summary: 1) communicate with 3 via chat / phone to confirm your / any SIMO upgrade will have any early upgrade fee waived; 2) if the upgrade fee will be waived, proceed with the upgrade, confirming at the end of the upgrade ramble when the upgrade is / will be live (it's usually immediately if SIMO upgrade = perfect)3) sort whatever deal you want on whatever handset you want from whatever supplier you want.4) within 14 days of the 3 SIMO upgrade, exercise your right to cancel an off-premises sale at no penalty, although likely you will tell 3 you are exercising your right to cancel the day after the upgrade and optionally request PAC to juggle your number to new ongoing contract either directly or a double hop if staying with the 3 network.You could modify 3 & 4 by seeing what 3 will offer you to not exercise your 14day right to cancel at no penalty, but likely 3 will not be able to match a 3rd-party cashback deal unless you play hardball with 3s retention team, and that can be heavy going compared to an off-the-peg deal elsewhere.

Thats all very clever thanks for your informative reply dude. Are you confident they would cancel the new contract if i manage to get them to waive the fees?
Mark_Hickman16/02/2020 14:35

The contract is 32.50 after cashback so its 780 not 1176.Where can you get …The contract is 32.50 after cashback so its 780 not 1176.Where can you get a 100gb per month sim for £8 ?

Mark do these cashback places pay in 5 equal installments? cheers
rob19696969616/02/2020 15:00

Mark do these cashback places pay in 5 equal installments? cheers

Yes i believe so
Mark_Hickman16/02/2020 14:35

The contract is 32.50 after cashback so its 780 not 1176.Where can you get …The contract is 32.50 after cashback so its 780 not 1176.Where can you get a 100gb per month sim for £8 ?

Retention. It originally was £18 . I got it on a black Friday deal a couple of years ago. I then saw a good deal for £10 at ID mobile.. three said they would offer 50% off to stay, so £8
rob19696969616/02/2020 14:41

Thats all very clever thanks for your informative reply dude. Are you …Thats all very clever thanks for your informative reply dude. Are you confident they would cancel the new contract if i manage to get them to waive the fees?

hotukdeals.com/com…979
it sucks, i cant get my contract order delivered from mobile phones direct because im not living in a permanent address and i cant provide a utility bill, oh crap.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants