Three in Touch App letting through blocked numbers

Found 4th Apr 2017
Hi,

I am with 3 and as we have no reception here i have to rely on wifi calling through the Three In Touch Ap.

I have an S7 Edge and recently blocked a number through the phone dialler as normal, but it seems the Three In Touch Ap doesn't recognise this, overrides it, and puts the call through anyhow, even though it still says the number is blocked.

I have tried unblocking - re blocking but to no avail, also tried blocking another number and the same thing happens, the call still comes through.

Anyone suggest a work around, so i can block numbers but still use the Three In Touch App?

tia
Community Updates
18 Comments
Report it as a bug to Three...
was on the live chat just now, had a simple reply that you cannot block a number when using three in touch.
so that's that.
Does Android have WiFi calls feature? If so, you could use that instead of the Three in Touch app. I've done this, but I have a iPhone.
use third party apps to block the number

Trending

use third party apps to block the number

Already tried unfortunately doesn't work.
pothole

Does Android have WiFi calls feature? If so, you could use that instead … Does Android have WiFi calls feature? If so, you could use that instead of the Three in Touch app. I've done this, but I have a iPhone.

Not that i know, wouldn't want to pay for one.

It's not a big deal at the moment, only 1 number being a nuisance fortunately.
Add the number to your phone and see if you can set silent as a personalised ring tone for that number?
Have you registered your mobile number with TPS, I know its not 100% but at least it stops the uk companies calling you.
elwynevans13

Add the number to your phone and see if you can set silent as a … Add the number to your phone and see if you can set silent as a personalised ring tone for that number?

Genius, cheers..... there wasn't a silent option there, but followed this and it worked technicles.com/how…id/
saintscouple

Not that i know, wouldn't want to pay for one.It's not a big deal at the … Not that i know, wouldn't want to pay for one.It's not a big deal at the moment, only 1 number being a nuisance fortunately.

What phone are you using? Three now support wifi calling on supported handsets - it's like In Touch but without any apps, and does support blocking.
misterleoni

What phone are you using? Three now support wifi calling on supported … What phone are you using? Three now support wifi calling on supported handsets - it's like In Touch but without any apps, and does support blocking.

That was for phones that are only purchased direct from Three last time i looked.
saintscouple

That was for phones that are only purchased direct from Three last time i … That was for phones that are only purchased direct from Three last time i looked.

No, it also works with iPhones and devices like the S7 Edge, regardless of whether SIM free or bought from Three. The same is true of EE. Some devices only support it with Three firmware though - such as the LG G5
misterleoni

No, it also works with iPhones and devices like the S7 Edge, regardless … No, it also works with iPhones and devices like the S7 Edge, regardless of whether SIM free or bought from Three. The same is true of EE. Some devices only support it with Three firmware though - such as the LG G5

Any idea how i get this on my s7 edge then, as i've ensured the phone is updated, but had no notification of wifi calling, no symbol or anything?
saintscouple

Any idea how i get this on my s7 edge then, as i've ensured the phone is … Any idea how i get this on my s7 edge then, as i've ensured the phone is updated, but had no notification of wifi calling, no symbol or anything?

You need to go to the 'calls' or 'phone' section of the settings menu for the phone. It should be in there as a toggle switch. This is entirely from memory though, so it might not be exactly as described!
misterleoni

You need to go to the 'calls' or 'phone' section of the settings menu for … You need to go to the 'calls' or 'phone' section of the settings menu for the phone. It should be in there as a toggle switch. This is entirely from memory though, so it might not be exactly as described!

Just got told this on three support.... To use 4G Super-Voice, the customer's phone needs to have Three software, which is only available on devices supplied by Three. We can't update operating software on devices not supplied by us yet, but we're working on it.
saintscouple

Just got told this on three support.... To use 4G Super-Voice, the … Just got told this on three support.... To use 4G Super-Voice, the customer's phone needs to have Three software, which is only available on devices supplied by Three. We can't update operating software on devices not supplied by us yet, but we're working on it.

That's not what it is. This is wifi calling not 4G super voice.
misterleoni

That's not what it is. This is wifi calling not 4G super voice.

They're giving me the run around then, the phone is updated, but no wifi calling symbol is present, yet they say it should happen automatically.... think i'm gonna have to suck it up.
I notice the same with vodafone though, they say their wifi calling feature can only be used on handsets purchased direct from them,
saintscouple

They're giving me the run around then, the phone is updated, but no wifi … They're giving me the run around then, the phone is updated, but no wifi calling symbol is present, yet they say it should happen automatically.... think i'm gonna have to suck it up.I notice the same with vodafone though, they say their wifi calling feature can only be used on handsets purchased direct from them,

Like I said, it depends on the handset. If the S7 is Vodafone branded (and unlocked) it won't work but if it is SIM free or from Three the setting will be under 'phone' towards the bottom as a toggle switch. It will never be switched on by default, it's always an opt-in situation.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants