Three mobile

Posted 9th Jan
Hello

I'm in a 12 month contract with three and I've been with them for about 3 months now and im never able to get any internet connection while outside anywhere

I have contacted them before but it's still not improved. I'm on unlimited data . Am I stuck with them now for another 9 months with no internet?
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
Ask for a call back from a manager. Three CS are useless most of the time. Threaten them that due to loss of service they have 28 days to resolve it or you will be making a claim through the ombudsman to exit your contract..
Edited by: "Alexandralocks" 9th Jan
So you get it inside but if you walk outside your door you don't get it!

Are you sure mobile data is switched on?
The concept of "im never able to get any internet connection while outside anywhere" suggests handset / user issue, although it would be reasonable to expect the carrier to assist diagnose, especially if contract phone not SIMO. Maybe visit a 3 shop?
joyf453609/01/2020 09:52

So you get it inside but if you walk outside your door you don't get …So you get it inside but if you walk outside your door you don't get it!Are you sure mobile data is switched on?

Indoor I'm connected to my WiFi

Of course mobile data is switched on
AndyRoyd09/01/2020 10:00

The concept of "im never able to get any internet connection while outside …The concept of "im never able to get any internet connection while outside anywhere" suggests handset / user issue, although it would be reasonable to expect the carrier to assist diagnose, especially if contract phone not SIMO. Maybe visit a 3 shop?

Just spoke to a manager who gave me £5 credit towards my bill and said they will send a new replacement SIM out
Better than nothing I suppose you should have pushed for more than £5 though imo
If the replacement SIM doesn't resolve your issue then you want to have them escalate the problem.

As someone who managed to 'get out' of a 24 month contract after 6 months with a free device and no termination charges it can be done but it's a looooonnnngggg process.

My first piece of advise is online chat for the issue via the website as all this is logged differently to phone calls.

Try to get to 'the highest level of customer service for important customer like youself' as the credit tends to be full monthly bill value.

Don't back down until it works as you signed for and expected.

If you use their coverage checker what shows for a postcode you have no data in?

My immediate area is now blanked out of their coverage maps since my issue arose.
Have you tried another sim in the phone? If it works it's the sim, if it doesn't then it is the phone.
I managed to get out of the last 5 months of a contract due to a similar issue they were unable to offer a resolution date they initially tried to tell me i would need to pay a early termination fee which i eventually managed to get removed.
nowadays data is a primary need for most peoples contracts
Ringfinger09/01/2020 11:07

Have you tried another sim in the phone? If it works it's the sim, if it …Have you tried another sim in the phone? If it works it's the sim, if it doesn't then it is the phone.

Good idea. I'll try this now
Are you getting a 3 or 4g signal on phone? Have you tried the sim in a different phone??
Craigbum09/01/2020 11:19

I managed to get out of the last 5 months of a contract due to a similar …I managed to get out of the last 5 months of a contract due to a similar issue they were unable to offer a resolution date they initially tried to tell me i would need to pay a early termination fee which i eventually managed to get removed.nowadays data is a primary need for most peoples contracts

I’m in a similar scenario but argued it’s there issue not mine..

They tried to take £600 for two contracts on Xmas day.. thought it was resolved and got a text today saying my bill is due.. irony is they owe me money and are being slow giving it back..
What phone is it?
Some chinese phones don't support all bands in the UK.
Can you try a sim for a different company?
Bobbajob09/01/2020 13:08

What phone is it? Some chinese phones don't support all bands in the …What phone is it? Some chinese phones don't support all bands in the UK.Can you try a sim for a different company?

It's an Alcatel 3

I'm going to try another SIM in it
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 9th Jan
efc_4ever09/01/2020 13:52

It's an Alcatel 3I'm going to try another SIM in it

Also try the sim in a different phone
justanothercid09/01/2020 12:26

I’m in a similar scenario but argued it’s there issue not mine.. They tri …I’m in a similar scenario but argued it’s there issue not mine.. They tried to take £600 for two contracts on Xmas day.. thought it was resolved and got a text today saying my bill is due.. irony is they owe me money and are being slow giving it back..

Just make a complaint and stand firm I had most success through the chat window but be warned it has a timer that you need to click on for more time. I just explained that I need data I have little to no interest in minutes or texts and if they couldnt provide what I was paying for I wanted out of the contract as they are failing to keep their end of the agreement. It was a protracted process with a good few chats but it worked
I couldnt help but wonder if the rolling out of 5g impacted their existing signal as never had issues in the past
Craigbum09/01/2020 18:58

Just make a complaint and stand firm I had most success through the chat …Just make a complaint and stand firm I had most success through the chat window but be warned it has a timer that you need to click on for more time. I just explained that I need data I have little to no interest in minutes or texts and if they couldnt provide what I was paying for I wanted out of the contract as they are failing to keep their end of the agreement. It was a protracted process with a good few chats but it worked I couldnt help but wonder if the rolling out of 5g impacted their existing signal as never had issues in the past

I found the complaint number they sent me and they magically found all relevant details..

It’s been over a month though.. overall the signal was bad for a year and I had a few free months via chat..

I did get £50 credit on my data sim that I left with three so at have had a lot off them but now with ee as main provider.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions