Groups
    EXPIRED

THREE MOBILE CONTRACT HELP NEEDED

three currently have an offer on of £20 a month on their 1100 minutes package with certain phones i believe. SEE BELOW

£7.00 off offer available until 31st July when purchased with one of the following handsets: Nokia 6120 and 6288, Sony Ericsson K530i, K610i, K660i, K800i, W660i, Z610i and Z750i and 3 Skypephone only. £7.00 reduction will be applied to the customer's bill monthly for as long as the customer remains on the Mix & Match 1100 tariff.

my questiion is can anyone tell me which phone would get me the most on ebay as im not interested in the latest phone.

also can a three shop beat this deal as im aware there is quidco too. has anyone used the refer a friend and quidco????

can any other dealer eg e2save etc match/beat this deal with cashback??? your help is much appreciated guys.

28 Comments

hi there, i recently took the 1100 mins contract online, i went through quidco and also got refer a friend by saying my husband referred me so he got £30 and so did i alongside £80 quidco! I got the Nokia 6500 slide but is now giving me problems so i phoned up and they are willing to exchange it for a Nokia 6500 classic.

Original Poster

rumela;2561870

hi there, i recently took the 1100 mins contract online, i went through … hi there, i recently took the 1100 mins contract online, i went through quidco and also got refer a friend by saying my husband referred me so he got £30 and so did i alongside £80 quidco! I got the Nokia 6500 slide but is now giving me problems so i phoned up and they are willing to exchange it for a Nokia 6500 classic.

really is the classic better how much would i get for it on ebay. i see quidco is now £62.50. will you still get your £7 off or will you be disqualified now???

also how did u do refer a friend and quidco?? has quidco validated?

We used both refer a friend and got quidco on both our contracts. No probs at all.

Original Poster

Foosball Chum;2561910

6120 on the same deal here with a free tomtom … 6120 on the same deal here with a free tomtom :-Dhttp://www.ebuyermobile.com/paymonthly/3/18mth_pound20_texter/nokia/6120/563390.html

yes but line rental is £27 a month and u miss out on quidco

Banned

marko4ever24;2565412

yes but line rental is £27 a month and u miss out on quidco

Says £20 per month on my screen, where you reading fella. Quidco is compensated by the free sat nav :roll:

three shops can't beat any deals..they cannot use the recommend a friend (due to abuse by staff i believe)or quidco. Remember to get the online £20 voucher buy asking online via chat.

Original Poster

garyagh;2566311

three shops can't beat any deals..they cannot use the recommend a friend … three shops can't beat any deals..they cannot use the recommend a friend (due to abuse by staff i believe)or quidco. Remember to get the online £20 voucher buy asking online via chat.

wot online voucher?

Original Poster

Foosball Chum;2561910

6120 on the same deal here with a free tomtom … 6120 on the same deal here with a free tomtom :-Dhttp://www.ebuyermobile.com/paymonthly/3/18mth_pound20_texter/nokia/6120/563390.html

i see but this aint the same. its the 1100 minute package i want

marko4ever24;2566964

wot online voucher?

THIS ONE

boydent999;2566975

THIS ONE

the online voucher code can change day to day, just use the online assistant and ask for one!:thumbsup:

Original Poster

garyagh;2566993

the online voucher code can change day to day, just use the online … the online voucher code can change day to day, just use the online assistant and ask for one!:thumbsup:

woh thanks so much wot does it give you £20 free accesories?? and how you u use online assitant?

Yeah, sorry Garyagh, you're right
    Just found an old log/chat from where i "spoke" with them a few months back
    It was HS25050809 then

Original Poster

boydent999;2567009

Yeah, sorry Garyagh, you're rightJust found an old log/chat from where i … Yeah, sorry Garyagh, you're rightJust found an old log/chat from where i "spoke" with them a few months backIt was HS25050809 then

guys wot do u think about taking the deal out via dialaphone

dialaphone.co.uk/sea…e=1

its £27 a month but with £210 cashback i can also get £65 quidco and another £45 refer a friend

sorry Marko, have come to this thread a bit late.
    I've been with 3 for about 4/5 years now, good value, ok reception, awful customer services when it goes wrong, they're not very technical, and stuff is lost in translation.

Of what you have linked to, i do not (personally) like the Nokia Series 40 range the 6500 and the like, prefer summat a bit funkier.

As for the deal itself mind, if you're happy with it, and seems like you have done some of your own research, then go for it.

Think dial-a-phone and e2save are 2 of the better ones, but as always some folks would disagree.

Do you have/want to be with 3? Just re-read, said you're looking for best re-sale value. Not sure any of them will break the £100 barrier by too much

Good luck

Original Poster

thanks for this yeh want to stick with three only because of the massive minutes which i will use!

Ok, well just checked ebay, 6500 is barely breaking £100 sometimes not
    What about the lesser phones with the PSP or DS lite options?
    Might be able to sell them for a higher combined price?
    Take it you only what a cashback deal and you realise the risks?
    Are you with 3 now?

Original Poster

boydent999;2567165

Ok, well just checked ebay, 6500 is barely breaking £100 sometimes … Ok, well just checked ebay, 6500 is barely breaking £100 sometimes notWhat about the lesser phones with the PSP or DS lite options?Might be able to sell them for a higher combined price?Take it you only what a cashback deal and you realise the risks?Are you with 3 now?

no ive been with vodafone got my full cashback via phones4u but need to be on three cause of minutes. yeh i realise the risks of cashback.

was thinking of getting the
    Sony Ericsson W880i Black and the £220 cashback

The deal @ (effective) 14.78/month, 18 months?
    Ebay prices again vary, around £60 seems conservative
    So, £220 cashback, £65 quidco and £45 Refer a Friend plus say £60 for the phone that's = £390
    That'd leave you £27 @ 18 months = £486
    Some £96 for the duration....seems fine

Can i have the refer a friend please if you need one?

Original Poster

boydent999;2567213

The deal @ (effective) 14.78/month, 18 months?Ebay prices again vary, … The deal @ (effective) 14.78/month, 18 months?Ebay prices again vary, around £60 seems conservativeSo, £220 cashback, £65 quidco and £45 Refer a Friend plus say £60 for the phone that's = £390That'd leave you £27 @ 18 months = £486Some £96 for the duration....seems fine :)or getting the sony ericsson c902 mobile with no cashback but selling the phone?Can i have the refer a friend please if you need one?

Edit, sorry, i see you've snook a new line into my quote
    How much is that phone worth on ebay.....i'll have a quick look

The C902 is going for £180 or so, which is less than your cashback, but less of a gamble if you can sell and get rid asap
    Phone values don't stay for long :-(
    Mind, it would be £180 less paypal and ebay fees, plus the hassle of a sale.
    Comes down to a gamble; ebay vs cashback

Original Poster

or i can buy via three.co.uk

get £62 quidco and get that phone or is there one that would get me more money on ebay and the refer afriend on three

Original Poster

marko4ever24;2567321

or i can buy via three.co.ukget £62 quidco and get that phone or is there … or i can buy via three.co.ukget £62 quidco and get that phone or is there one that would get me more money on ebay and the refer afriend on three

Highest value phone on 3 is the N95 8Gb but you're looking at £36/month for the 1100 mix and match you want and prices range from £180 to £310 so not worth the hassle i'd say

I think for what you want, ie trying to keep costs down, but with a bit of risk/reward 3 direct is not the best option
    I think you're gonna have to go down the cashback route as we have already been down. Sorry

Original Poster

[quote=boydent999;2567316]Edit, sorry, i see you've snook a new line into my quote
    How much is that phone worth on ebay.....i'll have a quick look

The C902 is going for £180 or so, which is less than your cashback, but less of a gamble if you can sell and get rid asap
    Phone values don't stay for long :-(

yeh probably better sticking with dialaphone

man where in manchester u stay do u know a place callled marsden

No sorry, don't know Marsden
    Whereabouts is it?

Original Poster

boydent999;2567368

No sorry, don't know MarsdenWhereabouts is it?

its a small village near huddersfield u know in last of the summer wine country near slaithwaite??

Can't say i've been
    Right, how about this deal......
    Now i know it is only 500 not 1100 mix and match but hear me out.
    Quidco £32.50
    Refer a friend (not sure it is available on this tariff) £30
    Sell phone - Nokia 6120 - £50 or thereabouts on ebay

6 months x £18 = £108
    All above comes to £32.50 + £30 + £40 (after fees etc) £102.50

Sorry, RAF is only £30 not £45 btw. Tis only £45 if you take mobile and broadband with 3
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99

See more discussions