Three Mobile Sim vs Mobile Broadband Sim

Posted 9th Jul
Hi, Is there a difference in the two contracts (the unlimited data ones). I know the mobile sim includes texts and calls but is there any difference between the data for speeds?

Will the data speeds be the same or will the broadband sim give higher speeds?

Eg can Three tell if your using a mobile sim in a router and throttle the speeds?

Just my Three mobile sim that I use in my Huawei router for home internet used to connect between 30 - 40mb/s... Now its dropped right down to 5mb/s area...

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Yes they can tell. The sim for a phone may only work in a phone.
KFI does not indicate any different treatment based on SIM type.
Ofcom ruling says providers cannot discriminate where or in which device the sim is used !

But they may throttle it secretly .
steve122109/07/2020 10:37

Net neutrality legislation does not permit terminal equipment discrimination. Highly unlikely a network would intentionally expose themselves to NN / KFI interrogation.
stick the sim in a phone and run a speedtest

i think many people are complaining about 3 speeds generally, so don't think this is specfic to you
AndyRoyd09/07/2020 11:49

Net neutrality legislation does not permit terminal equipment …Net neutrality legislation does not permit terminal equipment discrimination. Highly unlikely a network would intentionally expose themselves to NN / KFI interrogation.

Thanks Andy, when did that come in? I know the networks used to do this?
I was using Three for home broadband with an unlimited sim and got 80mb d/load speeds.
But last few months have been horrendous at times so i've given up and went back to fibre.

Got decent speeds at the moment on mobile but seen it drop to 0.05 download speed :/

41340275-MUiEJ.jpg
Edited by: "SilverBlack" 9th Jul
Read on a forum or mayne even here that someones speed was poor with three after a while and they threatened to leave then they sorted it by doing something at there end... Will try that
steve122109/07/2020 10:37

No
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants