Three My3 - check your bills

LocalFound 30th Apr 2017
Pay my bills by direct debit. Checked My 3 and it says I still owe last month's and my services will be restricted. Checked bank, and they took 1p less than the bill. Went on live chat and got through eventually to someone other than a phone bunny who gave me an apology and a credit of £10 to my phone account. Apparently a system error.
Just got to check my credit score to make sure that's not been affected.
Community Updates
11 Comments
deleted1431257
Just checked mine and it says this month's bill payment is going to be taken on 02 May 2017
mine says will be taken on the 2 May, just checked my bank account and there it 1p difference have only been with 3 for 2 months will see if they restrict my service and will then ring them
@mrty can you please let me know where the service restricted notice was in the 3 app thanks in advance
Original Poster
Hi, the message was on the account ( still is, though they have amended the amount due to reflect that they HAVE received all but 1p of the previous amount) .
I can't attach photo's of account as of now ( or send in PM) - but it is still showing the threat of restricted services for 1p which they didn't take, not I refused to pay. I pay by direct debit. if you pm me an email address I will mail photos to you.
mrty

Apparently a system error.\x09

Almost any "system error" is invariably a lie, an excuse, "system error" => "one or more human beings' incompetence or mistake" or simply, "human error".
This sounds like to me, a possibility, a human mathmatical error in rounding down to nearest pence in one module and then round up in another module; or a failure to test run a sample dataset to discover any human error after a programme maintenance effort.
Mine says overdue even though my account is in credit. I did a live chat and they advised me that I didn't owe anything and to re install the app which didn't do anything. Must be a system error or something.
Original Poster
mtuk1

Mine says overdue even though my account is in credit. I did a live chat … Mine says overdue even though my account is in credit. I did a live chat and they advised me that I didn't owe anything and to re install the app which didn't do anything. Must be a system error or something.

​I was worried about the overdue payment affecting my credit rating and kept on at them about it. They kept assuring me it wouldn't, but on a computerised system the default would be applied automatically.
I have checked my credit report, but can't see anything showing yet. Hopefully it hasn't.
The most annoying thing is that the error is totally their fault, yet I'm the one who's getting stressed about it.
mrty

I was worried about the overdue payment affecting my credit rating and … I was worried about the overdue payment affecting my credit rating and kept on at them about it. They kept assuring me it wouldn't, but on a computerised system the default would be applied automatically. I have checked my credit report, but can't see anything showing yet. Hopefully it hasn't. The most annoying thing is that the error is totally their fault, yet I'm the one who's getting stressed about it.

Then malke an official complaint and escalate it to the ombudsman if you're not satisfied with their response, especially if this might be a widespread problem.
splender

Almost any "system error" is invariably a lie, an excuse, "system error" … Almost any "system error" is invariably a lie, an excuse, "system error" => "one or more human beings' incompetence or mistake" or simply, "human error".This sounds like to me, a possibility, a human mathmatical error in rounding down to nearest pence in one module and then round up in another module; or a failure to test run a sample dataset to discover any human error after a programme maintenance effort.

That's still a system error though isn't it? It might be that someone that wrote that was incompetent but if you look at everything the way you've described then there is no such thing as a system error and everything is human error.
......Unless that is in fact what you're going for.
3guesses

Then malke an official complaint and escalate it to the ombudsman if … Then malke an official complaint and escalate it to the ombudsman if you're not satisfied with their response, especially if this might be a widespread problem.

You can't just escalate a complaint to the ombudsman. You have to exhaust the companies complaints procedure first.
mtuk1

You can't just escalate a complaint to the ombudsman. You have to exhaust … You can't just escalate a complaint to the ombudsman. You have to exhaust the companies complaints procedure first.

Yes, hence "... and escalate it to the ombudsman if you're not satisfied with their response ..."
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions