Groups

Three PAC code usage question

I received my PAC from three yesterday. My 6 month contract is ending on 19th Dec.

I plan to give this PAC to another network tomorrow, so that they port the number only after 19th (end of contract).

Three have also sent me a web address - which can only be accessed from a Three mobile. This web page lists Ts&Cs for using a PAC.

One confusing bit which is there in the Ts & Cs is:

If you switch you number to another network, we will carry on billing you until your number has been transferred or until the date your contract ends - whichever date comes later.

I was told the the three customer rep (very annoying lady) as I gave notice of my intention to leave three on only 14th Dec, the 30 day notice period will end on 13th Jan 2010 and they will bill me until then - I told her that you are talking rubbish, but am not sure whether they will do it or not.

Has anyone else had a similra experienece with three??

If my number ports out on 21st Dec, then I believe I should be billed only until 21st Dec and not until 13th Jan. Is that correct??

15 Comments

You will get billed until 30 days after you have given notice or your contract end date which ever is later regardless of when your number transfers. She was telling you the truth - you have to give 30 days notice so they will bill you for as long as they can.

Your minimum term contract may end on 19 Dec, but if you didn't tell them that you want to cancel it until the 14th Dec then they are well within their rights to bill you until the 13th Jan (assuming as part of their T&C says you need to give 30 days notice).

Original Poster

One more thing, I really wanted to move to Three PAYG (to take advantage of free Skype, MSN), but I have been told that your Pay Monthly account will be active until 13th Jan, and you can move to PAYG only on 14th Jan. And I will be billed on my pay monthly account until 13th Jan.

I believe this is wrong, but ended up asking for my PAC instead as the customer rep annoyed me to the max and tried everything in the book to move me to PAYG.

Original Poster

Pink & Fluffy;7254509

You will get billed until 30 days after you have given notice or your … You will get billed until 30 days after you have given notice or your contract end date which ever is later regardless of when your number transfers. She was telling you the truth - you have to give 30 days notice so they will bill you for as long as they can.

I have moved my numbers across several networks (courtesy Quidco & deals on HUKD) and at no point I have been billed after the date my number has been ported out. If 20th is my end of contract date and I port out on 22nd, then in the 'final' bill, I was charged line rental pro-rated for only 2 days. I have done this once with my old three contract as well.

Probably right cause it's in the terms and conditions you have to give 30 days notice to cancel the contract and even going on to their PAYG you're still getting out of the contract. Might be worth ringing back and asking someone else there in case the person you were speaking to was just having a bad day :o(

Original Poster

I have moved my numbers across several networks (courtesy Quidco & deals on HUKD) and at no point I have been billed after the date my number has been ported out. If 20th is my end of contract date and I port out on 22nd, then in the 'final' bill, I was charged line rental pro-rated for only 2 days. I have done this once with my old three contract as well.

kaku_lala;7254579

I have moved my numbers across several networks (courtesy Quidco & deals … I have moved my numbers across several networks (courtesy Quidco & deals on HUKD) and at no point I have been billed after the date my number has been ported out. If 20th is my end of contract date and I port out on 22nd, then in the 'final' bill, I was charged line rental pro-rated for only 2 days. I have done this once with my old three contract as well.

Not sure then - I work for a mobile phone company and that's they way it works with them!!

Original Poster

In a nutshell, the day you port out is the last day you are billed for (provided your contract term has already ended).

"If you switch you number to another network, we will carry on billing you until your number has been transferred or until the date your contract ends - whichever date comes later."

Your contract ends after you have given 30 days notice normally!!

Original Poster

Pink & Fluffy;7254620

Your contract ends after you have given 30 days notice normally!!

Yes, that is when you 'ask' to end the contract.

If you are porting out, then it should end on the day you ported out (provided you have complete the contract term).

Otherwise you will have to 'time' your exit from the network.

Not how it works for the comp I work for and I believe across the board - give them a ring back and check!!!!

If you pac out you still have to give 30 days notice (its in the T&C's). Its a standard contract item.
    Using the pac isn't a way of avoiding the 30 notice clause.

Original Poster

Pink & Fluffy;7254704

Not how it works for the comp I work for and I believe across the board - … Not how it works for the comp I work for and I believe across the board - give them a ring back and check!!!!

Actually, no point in ringing them back - they are useless.

I plan to send an email to executive office @ 3.

If all networks bill for 30 days after the date of notice, then all my previous 'final' bills were wrong :thinking: - as I said before I was only billed until the day I ported the number out.

I think I would go with what the T&C website says:

"If you switch you number to another network, we will carry on billing you until your number has been transferred or until the date your contract ends - whichever date comes later."

Your contract ends on the 19th of december, and by the time the PAC transfer completes will probably be about week later - so according to their T&C website link you quoted the last day you pay is the day your number transfers.

Your contract ends on 19th december, not 30 days after you give notice. After the 19th until transfer you will still be on 3 but not in contract.

I add this is all my opinion and I could be wrong, but any previous ports I have done have also ended billing on the day of the transfer.

Original Poster

sy278;7254954

I think I would go with what the T&C website says:"If you switch you … I think I would go with what the T&C website says:"If you switch you number to another network, we will carry on billing you until your number has been transferred or until the date your contract ends - whichever date comes later."Your contract ends on the 19th of december, and by the time the PAC transfer completes will probably be about week later - so according to their T&C website link you quoted the last day you pay is the day your number transfers.Your contract ends on 19th december, not 30 days after you give notice. After the 19th until transfer you will still be on 3 but not in contract.I add this is all my opinion and I could be wrong, but any previous ports I have done have also ended billing on the day of the transfer.

I think you are correct - otherwise loads of people will end up paying 30 days line rental for a service which is not active after (say) 10 days.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions