Groups

Three pay and go New York

I'm. Going to new York for a few days and quite fancy having data.

Could I buy a three pay and go sim and then buy a £10 data pack and use that in new York?

9 Comments

Yes, Three sim cards use your purchased data allowance in the normal way in New York. I used mine last October

You do have to make sure you go on their website and make sure International Roaming is enabled

rugbymike

You do have to make sure you go on their website and make sure … You do have to make sure you go on their website and make sure International Roaming is enabled

used mine in auguat in new york and i never went to there web site too enable anything

Edited by: "mattmerch" 3rd Sep 2016

Mine was also enabled automatically but my friend had to do it whilst he was out there which meant he initially incurred roaming charges. He was on contract though so may have been different

PAYG on Three is already activated for roaming but PM usually isn't so you have to activate it. I think £10 will only get you 500MB though. If you can afford to top up £20 (which you probably can because you're going to NY) you'll get 12GB data if you convert it to a £20 add-on

Yes, you can do that.

But remember, if you have a budget smartphone or an older phone, it may not work with all the different 3G and 4G bands out there, meaning that you'll be limited to 2G.

Original Poster

Thanks guys!

Done it recently - cost me £20 , lady in shop helped me set it up . It's certainly worth £20 but the internet in nyc was a bit slow - but better a bit slow than nothing at all. It's a god send having the Internet , working out where to go next and if your near any sights worth looking at .

SLIM_JIM

Done it recently - cost me £20 , lady in shop helped me set it up . It's … Done it recently - cost me £20 , lady in shop helped me set it up . It's certainly worth £20 but the internet in nyc was a bit slow - but better a bit slow than nothing at all. It's a god send having the Internet , working out where to go next and if your near any sights worth looking at .

3 overseas data is free but its normally the slowest around but better than nowt
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need Bright Red Exterior Paint. HELP!!33
      2. Do you turn clothes inside out before washing?1827
      3. Barcelona to Lloreta de mar33
      4. Audi A4 2 Batteries and memory card issue34

See more discussions