Three Sim number question.

Found 16th May
I currently have two Three contracts and one will come to an end in about 6 weeks. I need to keep this number and transfer it to the other contract. so which is the easiest way to do it. I'm thinking make it a pay as you go then asking three later to transfer the number to the contract sim. Or alternatively get a pac code take my number to another provider on a pay monthly contract and then bring it back to three. What is the easiest risk free way as I can not afford to loose this number?
Community Updates
AskSim
6 Comments
Take it to someone else then port back in. Seems more straightforward to me.
I previously took my contract number to a Three PAYG SIM, then on to my new Three contract SIM (as they offered me a better deal as a new customer!). Was less painful than I was expecting.
Edited by: "morgie" 16th May
As above just get three to transfer it to a PAYG and then back to your contract no need to involve another provider
Has anyone transferred their number to payg and then to their contract and is there any time frame before three will do this?
Sysman200031 m ago

Has anyone transferred their number to payg and then to their contract and …Has anyone transferred their number to payg and then to their contract and is there any time frame before three will do this?

Usually takes 3 working days for the process from start to finish. Soon as you hAve your pac number from 3 and give it the other network you want to port your number across to usually takes around 24 hours.

I was advised to stay on that network for 24 hours just incase any bugs occurred during porting process.

If porting was completed successfully port back to 3 again can take up to 24 hours.
Edited by: "Caroline_1993" 16th May
Sysman20009 h, 49 m ago

Has anyone transferred their number to payg and then to their contract and …Has anyone transferred their number to payg and then to their contract and is there any time frame before three will do this?

Contact 3 CS and ask if the webform below is the correct route to move a 3 PAYG SIM number to a specific existing contract in your name
three.co.uk/Sup…act
or maybe just ask CS if they can to do all in one hop (good luck with that).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants