Three to launch 5G home broadband for £35

Posted 14th Sep
First off..why would anyone pay £35 for this? My understanding is that Three will send you a LTE router and a SIM card. Why would you pay £35 for that when you could just get the router and stick your own unlimited data SIM card in?

Or is their home broadband system different?

hmmm
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

8 Comments
Probably because most home fixed bb (inc line rental) is around that price for a up to 67mb download speed, so 5g will probably be much faster than many people get on FTTC and they can rip out the unused phone line
Sim only when on offer is £20.00 a month.
Gives you £360.00 to buy a 5G router.

Or am I wrong.
bigwheels14/09/2019 14:24

Sim only when on offer is £20.00 a month.Gives you £360.00 to buy a 5G r …Sim only when on offer is £20.00 a month.Gives you £360.00 to buy a 5G router.Or am I wrong.

Well you can get cheap three sim with unlimited data for around ten quid. So I don't understand why you'd pay 25 on top of that for a router.

Plus it says starting at 35 quid for their broadband so likely more expensive for unlimited deal with them
Im not sure whether your going to get an unlimted 5g sim for £20, thats 4g price unless they are including 5g availability to current 4g users at no extra cost
Mark_Hickman14/09/2019 17:22

Im not sure whether your going to get an unlimted 5g sim for £20, thats 4g …Im not sure whether your going to get an unlimted 5g sim for £20, thats 4g price unless they are including 5g availability to current 4g users at no extra cost

All 4g Sims become 5g for free
bbfb12314/09/2019 17:43

All 4g Sims become 5g for free

Im suprised about that, maybe after 5g is rolled out the sim only prices will increase
I remember being on 3g unlimited and being told when 4g arrived I would get it 'free'.

I waited over a year, because my home town was late on the list and not surprisingly when it finally arrived
they finished my deal and said either upgrade to a more expensive tariff or leave.

I ended up leaving.

I have 4g internet at home for £20 a month, I bought the device of ebay - its great and faster than broadband in my area anyways.

Knowing this I would have to think it won't be for another year for 5g to be running where I live so we'll see how that
turns out.

£35 a month would probably make it equal with Virgin Media which is faster than typical fibre broadband.
No one has answered your question surprisingly lol

Because 5G Routers will be expensive for awhile so the extra £15 a month is to get the router but you don't actually keep it unless you pay £100

It depends how much the routers will be
It's looking like £300-400 range when they release than when it becomes more mainstream it will be more like £100

I discussed this when they first released

I thought Three 5G was already launched in London for awhile now

Basically you're paying for the router
Edited by: "Norseg" 16th Sep
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants