Three Upgrades

Posted 29th Jan
Guys, my sim only deal expires next month, I was talking to Three but they weren't offering me the same deals that new customers can get. The advisor however advised me that I could take up a new contract then cancel the old one and move the number to the new contract after its been cancelled.
Has anyone ever done this, and if so have they had any issues? or is it simple enough.
Community Updates

Groups

7 Comments
That is the usual MO & straightforward:
1) sort new contract
2) port existing 3 number to random PAYG provider (Mazdamobile seems popular cos no charges for the PAYG sim ordered online, nor for porting both ways)
3) Request PAC from random PAYG provider
4) port out from random PAYG to the new 3 contract via three.co.uk/sup…est
Ask for your existing contract's PAC now and the charges on that existing contract stop immediately the PAC is used, subject to completion of or payment of minimum term.
AndyRoyd29/01/2020 12:50

That is the usual MO & straightforward:1) sort new contract2) port …That is the usual MO & straightforward:1) sort new contract2) port existing 3 number to random PAYG provider (Mazdamobile seems popular cos no charges for the PAYG sim ordered online, nor for porting both ways)3) Request PAC from random PAYG provider4) port out from random PAYG to the new 3 contract via https://www.three.co.uk/support/switching/switch-to-three/pac-requestAsk for your existing contract's PAC now and the charges on that existing contract stop immediately the PAC is used, subject to completion of or payment of minimum term.

But maybe check the 3 app first to see what deals the CS jockey didn't tell you about: hotukdeals.com/dis…108
AndyRoyd29/01/2020 12:53

But maybe check the 3 app first to see what deals the CS jockey didn't …But maybe check the 3 app first to see what deals the CS jockey didn't tell you about: https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/three-out-of-contract-customers-only-200min-unlimited-data-3mth-3325108

thanks Andy, might give the first one a go, tried with the app, but deals on there are crap, I'm still in the first year, just within the 30 day window now, so thought I'd try. I'll wait until the contract is up and see what deals are around at that point.
fuzed29/01/2020 13:33

thanks Andy, might give the first one a go, tried with the app, but deals …thanks Andy, might give the first one a go, tried with the app, but deals on there are crap, I'm still in the first year, just within the 30 day window now, so thought I'd try. I'll wait until the contract is up and see what deals are around at that point.

K, consider 3 are v flexible within the 14day cooling-off periods of new SIMO contracts and will often trade excess minutes for data, if that suits you. Random 2019 examples achieved unlimited data at around £10/m,
hotukdeals.com/com…017
although current 2020 start point would be 8GB not 4GB, plus the current 8GB option has £40 cashback opportunity at time of this post. or risk (?) the standard £18/m 12m unlim SIMO with £100 cashback opportunity
topcashback.co.uk/3-m…le/
thanks, I'm currently on the unlimited calls/data/texts package for £20 a mth.
I need around 20-30GB a month as I use my data in the gym alot, and google maps daily for the car, and a bit of video calling, nexflix streaming etc.
I'll def look into those.
thanks, that's probably a better idea! and seems to be a decent deal as well... I'll take a look
notalwaysright1930/01/2020 08:16

You could port out to smarty for a month30GB data, unlimited minutes and …You could port out to smarty for a month30GB data, unlimited minutes and texts £10 a month. £10 cashback through Topcashback. Then rejoin three on a long term contract that has cashback too or something like thisUnlimited minutes, texts & data with 3, £16 a month.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants