Three Vs Smarty

Posted 23rd May
My Three Sim Only contract is ending soon.

I have been on the phone to three customer services and they have offered me a "customer retention deal"

My original plan was 100GB of data, unlimited calls and SMS for £20 a month. (I only used 20-22GB a month).

There have offered me 30GB of data, unlimited calls and SMS for £15 a month.

Now I've seen that smarty mobile are offering the exact same deal for £10 a mouth, as I understand it, smarty is owned by three and have the exact same coverage, excluding 4g calling and WiFi calling.

Is smarty any good? Does any know know lf they offer simultaneous voice and data (so when talking on the phone, Google maps still works in my car!)

I'm going to call three back up and see if they will match smarty as they own it!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
The signal is appalling for me! But I never tried 3 so I don’t know if it’s just smarty!
I've moved from Three to Smarty, voice calls work fine for me while I'm using Google maps on Android auto in my car. I've seen no difference at all between Three and Smarty only a smaller bill.

Also Smarty website says they are adding WiFi Calling and 5G soon.

Finally remember Smarty Sims are rolling 30 day, if you find the service isn't what you need you aren't tied into a long contract, can always text to get a PAC and move on.
I got offered the same as you as a 3 retention deal.
I said I'd think about it, then today went on chat and they offered me the same thing for£17!!!
Think I'm going to go to smarty or voxi
PhilthyPhil24/05/2020 14:52

I got offered the same as you as a 3 retention deal.I said I'd think about …I got offered the same as you as a 3 retention deal.I said I'd think about it, then today went on chat and they offered me the same thing for£17!!!Think I'm going to go to smarty or voxi

Also £10.50 cashback at TCB so you are effectively getting 1 month for free + an annual saving of £60 over three for effectively exact same service , minus 4G and wifi calling.

I'm going to go to smarty too 👌

BTW I called three back and said would they match smarty as they are offering the same deal, plus three own then etc.

Answer was no
My main reason for going to Smarty was easier management of my family Sims. I have 6 accounts to manage, with Smarty they can all be part of a family group and managed from one single login, each user still gets a login of their own they can check their usage etc but it only shows their own account.
The main group manager account can access all of them.
Brilliant, why don't the other networks think of this.

You also get a 10% discount on each SIM in the group plan
Edited by: "Uridium" 24th May
T4yorks24/05/2020 14:57

Also £10.50 cashback at TCB so you are effectively getting 1 month for …Also £10.50 cashback at TCB so you are effectively getting 1 month for free + an annual saving of £60 over three for effectively exact same service , minus 4G and wifi calling.I'm going to go to smarty too 👌BTW I called three back and said would they match smarty as they are offering the same deal, plus three own then etc.Answer was no

I take it you meant minus 5G & WiFi calling? Actually I depend on the WiFi calling quite often...
Anyone know if you can pac code your number direct from 3 to smarty or do you need to go to another provider in between?
PhilthyPhil24/05/2020 15:36

I take it you meant minus 5G & WiFi calling? Actually I depend on the WiFi …I take it you meant minus 5G & WiFi calling? Actually I depend on the WiFi calling quite often...Anyone know if you can pac code your number direct from 3 to smarty or do you need to go to another provider in between?

I think 5g is coming when it's launched on the There network, whenever that is

Smart mobile don't support Volte or WiFi calling, but apparently WiFi calling is coming soon ish
40859002-yvcfv.jpg
According to the email I received, you simply enter your pac code into your online account once you receive your simcard and activate it.

Also my £10.50 top cashback tracked almost immediately and I now have £10.50 pending, estimated payable is 5 weeks!
PhilthyPhil24/05/2020 15:36

I take it you meant minus 5G & WiFi calling? Actually I depend on the WiFi …I take it you meant minus 5G & WiFi calling? Actually I depend on the WiFi calling quite often...Anyone know if you can pac code your number direct from 3 to smarty or do you need to go to another provider in between?

I've recently PAC'ed 6 numbers from Three to Smarty.
Just sign up online on Smarty website, as soon as your SIM comes in the post pop it in your phone and activate it. Within a couple of hours your SIM will be activated and you just enter your PAC code in your Smarty account online.

Also if you know someone else already on Smarty ask them for a referral code from their Smarty account page. They will get a month free and so will you.

40859045-RxyTr.jpg
Edited by: "Uridium" 24th May
Uridium24/05/2020 15:52

I've recently PAC'ed 6 numbers from Three to Smarty.Just sign up online on …I've recently PAC'ed 6 numbers from Three to Smarty.Just sign up online on Smarty website, as soon as your SIM comes in the post pop it in your phone and activate it. Within a couple of hours your SIM will be activated and you just enter your PAC code in your Smarty account online.Also if you know someone else already on Smarty ask them for a referral code from their Smarty account page. They will get a month free and so will you.[Image]

Anyone know if you can get refer a friend & TCB/quidco?
Anyone fancy referring me to smarty?
I'm planning on using voxi in the house tethering off an old phone & smarty at work / out & about
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions