Thriller/mystery book recommendations

23 replies
Found 12th Aug 2016
Going away in a few weeks. Need to put a few books on my kindle but don't know what to get. Tried the Lee Child series but got bored on the 5th or 6th...

1. Ask
  2. Book
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Book
23 Comments

Have you tried Linwood Barclay? I enjoy those. And there's a series of books by Chelsea Cain about a female serial killer that's really good too...

Dan Brown

Some free ones listed here may be of interest:
uk.ereaderiq.com/fre…031

Edited by: "barco" 12th Aug 2016

From the last couple of years the big ones were 'I Am Pilgrim' & 'The Girl On The Train' - both worth a read.

Bit of a guilty pleasure, but I also liked the D I Grace series by M.J. Arlidge.

Edited by: "GNKelly07" 12th Aug 2016

Original Poster

Cheers for the info so far - I enjoyed Girl on the Train!

john connolly, his earlier books are a good read imo.

John Grisham

I was an avid Lee Child - Reacher reader but got fed up too with the strict formularity of the series. At the minute I'm reading this - it's riveting
Callum Doyle novel by David Jackson

Another vote for John Grisham, also ;

Frederick Forsyth, Jack Higgins, Stephen Leather..

The Talented Mr. Ripley
Ripley Under Ground
Ripley's Game

Agatha Christie
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes)

Karin Slaughter. Start with Blindsighted (Grant County series). The books are a little graphic so be warned if you are easily offended!

Bone Collector. Try some Scandinavian thrillers by Arnaldur Indridason a Detective Erlendur is interesting. Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö are very good. Jonathan Kellerman and Faye Kellerman are also very readable.

Original Poster

Col67

Karin Slaughter. Start with Blindsighted (Grant County series). The books … Karin Slaughter. Start with Blindsighted (Grant County series). The books are a little graphic so be warned if you are easily offended!

I read one of hers on holiday last year and really enjoyed it. think it was "Criminal"

Reacher, Rapp, Rubbish...

Prefer Elvis Cole but Harry Bosch is probably the best...

IMHO of course, choice is the winner in this category

Simon Kernick

Michael Connelly. Absolutely great reads, start with The Poet if possible, but they're all good.
Jeffrey Deaver, wrote the Lincoln Rhyme series, but lots more as well
David Baldacci, my personal favourite, the new Amos Decker set is really good.

Enjoy your hols.

Edited by: "booky" 13th Aug 2016

Tom barber's sam archers series. Sam archer is a uk cop and ive read the first 4 books, all good.

Robert Galbraith trilogy - I have read the first one of these and it was very good (J K Rowling is the real author)

robert-galbraith.com/books

Col67

Karin Slaughter. Start with Blindsighted (Grant County series). The books … Karin Slaughter. Start with Blindsighted (Grant County series). The books are a little graphic so be warned if you are easily offended!

+1

karinslaughter.com/all…ks/

Martina Cole - Revenge

ezepze

Matthew Reilly - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Reilly

Wish he would write faster, too long between books.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247572
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769251
    3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711605
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710974

See more discussions