Tick bite

Found 22nd Apr
hello. I would like some advice regarding a tick bite. yesterday my daughter was bitten by a tick. I believe it was in her skin for about 7 hours before she saw it. not recognising it, she pulled it off with her fingers. can someone please advice me what to do next ?
we were visiting Llandudno in North Wales when she was bitten. thanks for any replies
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Try calling 111
Also is the tick still attached
Edited by: "mattsk" 22nd Apr
deleted1416210
Pulling the tick off with fingers is really not recommended, but it's done now, so you need to look to see if the ticks mouthparts still attached to the child?
How old is the child and what does the bite area look like?
Edited by: "deleted1416210" 22nd Apr
I saw this by asking google

33679869-syo6X.jpg
. If I were you after cleaning it take a picture and check it again tomorrow. I would ring doctors first thing in morning and get your daughter to get herself to the doctors.
I would worry about lime disease if I didn't see a professional asap. What kind of age is your daughter? If a child is definatley ring 111 now.
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 22nd Apr
If you are concerned enough to post here then yes you probably need to seek professional help.
nhs.uk/con…se/

Saying that I have also read that not all GP's 'believe' in lymes disease.
She is 15. Bite area is clear. Have spoken to doctor, advice is to wait and see if she starts to feel unwell or if she develops a rash.
Edited by: "jamkhan" 22nd Apr
Wongy11020 m ago

If you are concerned enough to post here then yes you probably need to …If you are concerned enough to post here then yes you probably need to seek professional help.https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/lyme-disease/Saying that I have also read that not all GP's 'believe' in lymes disease.

An ex of mine has lyme disease contracted from a tick bite. Cut a long story short, the UK let her down terribly. She had to fly to US for really expensive treatment which ultimately was not a full on success. My understanding is that her life now could have be very different if the UK medical authorities had treated her as a suspected lymes disease patient from day 1 of her feeling ill rather than faffing around.

OP I'm not trying to scare you because the chances are this will not be lyme disease, but keep on top of this. Leave no stone unturned. Watch your daughter like a hawk, no one else will. A 15 year old is gonna be harder to deal with than a 5 year old, and you don't want to scare her
Edited by: "OllieSt" 22nd Apr
deleted1416210
jamkhan17 m ago

She is 15. Bite area is clear. Have spoken to doctor, advice is to wait …She is 15. Bite area is clear. Have spoken to doctor, advice is to wait and see if she starts to feel unwell or if she develops a rash.

Yeah, it's watching the bite area for redness and swelling and looking out for any flu type symptoms. They don't always appear straight away; it can be a good few weeks, so it's a matter of keeping an eye on the situation.
Any symptoms and its straight off to the GP and a dose of strong antibiotics are likely to be prescribed.
Most ticks don't carry Lyme's but it's always worth checking for ticks after walking in any ticky areas... Best method of removal in future is a tick puller tool, or some really skinny tweezers.... You need to pull gently upwards to ensure the mouthparts don't break off, then dispose of the tick carefully as you don't want to get the insides on you. Also always check dogs too.
Always clean the bite area and wash any tools used afterwards.
She will most probably be fine.
I have personally been bitten dozens of times by ticks (mostly in South Africa) but a couple of times in the UK. We used to go geocaching here and a couple of years ago my daughter (who was about 7 at the time) had a couple of ticks on her. After removing carefully, she was fine.
So you've spoken to a doctor but you are asking for advice from a shopping forum?
psychobitchfromhell5 h, 53 m ago

So you've spoken to a doctor but you are asking for advice from a shopping …So you've spoken to a doctor but you are asking for advice from a shopping forum?

Yes, because I am speaking from personal experience when I say doctors don't care anymore
Wongy11010 h, 5 m ago

Saying that I have also read that not all GP's 'believe' in lymes disease.

no they dont believe in chronic lyme disease which is utter bs

jamkhan37 m ago

Yes, because I am speaking from personal experience when I say doctors …Yes, because I am speaking from personal experience when I say doctors don't care anymore

ok let me give you an example. you think your car is broken, you go to a mechanic, the mechanic doesnt really care or cannot find a problem, do you assume that every mechanic is bad or do you look for another?
33680918.jpg

If your daughter gets a bullseye rash like this then take her to a doctor for antibiotics. Otherwise forget about it unless she has other symptoms which you can easily find on the lymesdiseaseassociation website. No doctor will prescribe antibiotics untill there is an illness with symptoms.
Edited by: "zcgby03" 23rd Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants