Groups

ticket seating help?

as i posted days ago some of you will know that i have got my tickets for pink in anyway just realised i purchased 2 tickets and they are not next to each other in the same area ie mm but different seat numbers! anyone know what i can do as they were booked over the net but i dont have the email now as i trashed it when i got the tickets! typical!

30 Comments

Where did you buy them. There must be a trace through your payment method credit card / paypal etc

Original Poster

i have the details of who i bought them from and stuff but they have sent in 2 tickets of what i ordered but they are not next to each other and its my 8 year old i am taking with me so not as if i can leave him!

Ok, did you buy them from a listing with a description ie Ebay or from a private advert somewhere else? Basicaly, if they are from a reputable seller then they should certainly be seated together unless stated

Original Poster

oh no reputable ticket master or something like that right hang on (i put the tickets in my knicker drawer for safe keeping!) lol a women thing will go get them and let you know who it was brb and thank btw

Ok, well if they came from Ticketmaster or any of the other major online agencies then it is totally unacceptable for them to supply you with tickets that are not seated together. I would contact them as soon as possible and point out their mistake. Luckily you still have plenty of time to sort it out

Odd if bought at same time from Ticketmaster usually always seated together,I always buying tickets and they always together anyway.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5864692

Odd if bought at same time from Ticketmaster usually always seated … Odd if bought at same time from Ticketmaster usually always seated together,I always buying tickets and they always together anyway.

Absolutely, must be a genuine error on their part

give the company a ring and speak to them....hope you get it sorted!....if not sell em...to me lol

Original Poster

they are from sec ticket services and this is the 1st this has happened so not sure whats wrong

Do you mean Secc as in the venue direct?

wulshaz;5864735

they are from sec ticket services and this is the 1st this has happened … they are from sec ticket services and this is the 1st this has happened so not sure whats wrong

just give the customer services a ring and tell them you werent made aware they werent together at the time of booking, and you have just realised they are.
    Explain you are taking a young child and therefore the tickets are unsuitable. They might offer you different seats.
    :thumbsup:

Original Poster

it says on the accompying leaflet...
    website
    ticketsoup.com
    telephone
    in person
    box office secc
    so maybe i can just pop in and take tickets with me and see them.

Original Poster

lil_tiger;5864770

just give the customer services a ring and tell them you werent made … just give the customer services a ring and tell them you werent made aware they werent together at the time of booking, and you have just realised they are.Explain you are taking a young child and therefore the tickets are unsuitable.:thumbsup:

thanks thats what i will do as he is only 8! :oops:

Give the box office a call in the morning , they will sort it out no probs. :thumbsup:
    When you walk in the main building from the Glasgow City centre side the box office is about halfway up the corridor on your left. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks all at least i should be able to get it sorted

wulshaz;5864782

thanks thats what i will do as he is only 8! :oops:

no worries...they should help you out...unless ofcourse they can prove they informed you they were seperate tickets....which I doubt or else you wouldnt be in this position....good luck, and let us know how you get on

wulshaz;5864771

it says on the accompying … it says on the accompying leaflet...websiteticketsoup.comtelephone08443954000in personbox office seccso maybe i can just pop in and take tickets with me and see them.

Ok well thats actually the venue itself, the Scottish Exhibition and Cenference Centre.
    I would contact them on the number given first thing tmrw and explain that they have made a mistake. I am certain they will sort it out for you without a problem.
    Good job you noticed. You would be surprised how many people don't check the details on their tickets and mistakes do happen. As I said, I am certain they will sort it out for you.
    HTH :thumbsup:

I was at a theatre other week and they boked seat 30 twice,we always get there to theatre well before the show starts usually.Anyway about 5mins before the show,a family turned up and she said we were in 1 of her seats,and I'm like I'm certain we right,we got 27 - 30,anyway turned out she had a ticket with 30 on and so did we. Anyway she went off and I guess they got her a seat.

A good reason always to turn up early!

Original Poster

Jefflan22;5864833

Ok well thats actually the venue itself, the Scottish Exhibition and … Ok well thats actually the venue itself, the Scottish Exhibition and Cenference Centre.I would contact them on the number given first thing tmrw and explain that they have made a mistake. I am certain they will sort it out for you without a problem.Good job you noticed. You would be surprised how many people don't check the details on their tickets and mistakes do happen. As I said, I am certain they will sort it out for you.HTH :thumbsup:

yep thanks for your help

Is it sorted now?

lil_tiger;5869589

Is it sorted now?

+1?

Original Poster

nope not sorted been battling with them! according to them the concert is sold out so there is no way of getting the seats changed or giving out new ones! i,m at a loss i dont know what to do? seemingly a system error somewhere when they were booked!

wulshaz;5870647

nope not sorted been battling with them! according to them the concert is … nope not sorted been battling with them! according to them the concert is sold out so there is no way of getting the seats changed or giving out new ones! i,m at a loss i dont know what to do? seemingly a system error somewhere when they were booked!

well it obviously wasnt your fault! I would ask the liklihood of pink announcing more dates (she sometimes does) and ask if there are more dates if they can be exchanged for different dates....that would require you keeping the tickets though, not sure if they would let you keep the tickets in the chance of been able to swap them, then offer you a full refund if they cant or not....dont see why you should lose out from their mistake!

Its a bit of a con if you ask me, they clearly didn't state the seats would be seperated at time of purchase.

I would phone your local citizens advice office to see where you may stand on this, they would be able to find out from a legal point of view what your rights are!

Original Poster

yeh i dont know what to do as she wasnt helpful at all and even said it could have been my fault! i told her i am taking my 8 year old son i am hardly likely to book seperate seats!

How you getting on with this?

Original Poster

no further forward as they say because the concert dates are all sold out they cannot accomodate us elsewhere! i could get a refund on the tickets and hope someone else does the same but no chance as i could end up with none!

wulshaz;5895911

no further forward as they say because the concert dates are all sold out … no further forward as they say because the concert dates are all sold out they cannot accomodate us elsewhere! i could get a refund on the tickets and hope someone else does the same but no chance as i could end up with none!

Did you suggest what I said to them? say you will hold the tickets in the hope she releases new dates? either that or im sure if you move further away from the stage then the people in the middle of you wouldnt mind moving up one....unless ofcourse there is a gap :thinking:

Original Poster

hubby says i have just to go as when we were there in april some seats were empty as ppl go down to the standing area and he says that ryan and me if it comes to it will just have to share a seat and pick the best one out the 2!
    new dates will go on public sale so i would have to wait and then try and turn up at box office and hope for and exchange but not as simple as it sounds as it could be too late to sell/exchange tickets i dont know it is all so frustrating and the fact it was booked from my brothers pc? wtf has that got to do with it! i asked her she said my brother now has to deal with it! and i said but they are in my name paid for by me! only used my brothers pc she really was unhelpful.

wulshaz;5895994

hubby says i have just to go as when we were there in april some seats … hubby says i have just to go as when we were there in april some seats were empty as ppl go down to the standing area and he says that ryan and me if it comes to it will just have to share a seat and pick the best one out the 2!new dates will go on public sale so i would have to wait and then try and turn up at box office and hope for and exchange but not as simple as it sounds as it could be too late to sell/exchange tickets i dont know it is all so frustrating and the fact it was booked from my brothers pc? wtf has that got to do with it! i asked her she said my brother now has to deal with it! and i said but they are in my name paid for by me! only used my brothers pc she really was unhelpful.

I have no idea...suggested the swap as (I know its diff companies) but I booked some tickets at sheffield arena and they messed up that booking and offered me worse tickets, I said I would keep them incase another date was released and then could they contact me to offer a refund....I honestly didnt expect to hear anything more....but a few days later they gave me a ring and asked it I wanted front row tickets for the day after the original date (new one).
    Just suggested it as it has worked for me in the past.....hope you sort it out, perhaps having an 8 year old on your knee could obstruct the view of the person at the side of you...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help sought - Cheap(est) smartphone with Standard SIM for short period of u…45
      2. Dashcam question23
      3. Oil for Oak Doors55
      4. Ordered Samsung note 8 from very delayed delivery11

See more discussions