Groups

Ticket selling rule? why not applicable for everything?

Hi,

Maybe this has changed, but just a fleeting thought by me as i read some post in the fs/ft forum

i remembered there is a rule of not being able to ask more than the cost price for tickets:

(5) If advertising a ticket sale it should be at cost price and not an inflated price.

my thought is, why is this limited just to tickets??

does the same principle not apply to other items that are in demand, giving sellers the green light to charge pretty much what they like??

maybei missed a point here, someone may like to point it out to me :-D

14 Comments

Hmmm since when could HDUK legally enforce price fixing, interesting.

As stated in another thread, as the HUKD members are clued up on the cheapest prices, any sellers selling at inflated prices will be shot down in flames.........

Original Poster

thats fair enough but wouldnt that be the same for tickets?

loupomm

thats fair enough but wouldnt that be the same for tickets?

i think having tickets like that would effectivley make HUKD into a bidding site with people trying to outbid others for tickets that were in high demand.

thats my pennys worth

Original Poster

stratomaster

i think having tickets like that would effectivley make HUKD into a … i think having tickets like that would effectivley make HUKD into a bidding site with people trying to outbid others for tickets that were in high demand.thats my pennys worth

yes but it could go that way with other items too :thumbsup:

ChrisUK

As stated in another thread, as the HUKD members are clued up on the … As stated in another thread, as the HUKD members are clued up on the cheapest prices, any sellers selling at inflated prices will be shot down in flames.........

By what margin is a price considered inflated then?

Alfonse

By what margin is a price considered inflated then?

I would assume when it's above the RRP.

Because the For Sale forums is a complete set of contradictions.

Original Poster

Syzable

Because the For Sale forums is a complete set of contradictions.

well thats my point.... i think :?

loupomm

well thats my point.... i think :?

:giggle:

I've decided it's best to leave them to it..............i've wasted far too much time trying to help on there now and it's pointless.

Isn't there some (government) legislation about ticket resale, esp for sporting, particularly football events? Maybes this is influences the decision?
    I give up on the for sale forum tbh.
    Would have been nice to have gotten some feedback/comments about me offering to help with it.......yes Paul (admin), that be aimed at you :-(

As for prices themselves, you cannot shoot folks down for prices, it's a fair game marketplace.
    Sooner someone charged me over the odds, than ripped me off full stop.
    Price is stated, buyer agrees or leaves it be.
    If you have summat of value, it's a market driven price.
    Would you sell summat ChrisUK at a loss? Well done, very altruistic of you
    I'll buy your car for ten pounds please

Banned

We all like to make a buck, a great saving, grab a misprice when we can, this place helps me get the most out of a small income, but sadly it also makes alot of people greedy, i dont post deals (made a right hash of the ones i have done) but like to try and help where i can (not really appreciated but if i help one person find something cheaper, or stop someone getting scammed its worth it) but here and everywhere in life there will always be the ones that just take, take, take

Some people want to pay over the odds, and that's up to them. I think tickets are a different ball game. I agree that only tickets should be sold at RRP, these are something that will be sold out, so no other chance to get tickets except resale. As Chris says, with other stuff, HUKDers are shrewd and know where else to look, and what to pay

Supply and demand.

nuff said.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)61480
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2150
      3. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller33
      4. word association Game73944536

See more discussions