Posted 22 January 2023

Tidal Family (up to 6 users) - £0.64 @ Tidal Argentina (via VPN)

VPN required to sign up not to listen
Use VPN to connect to Argentina VPN (Urban VPN works on the phone)
Use an email address that's never had a Tidal account
Used Revolut virtual card to sign up

Don't worry about the $ currency symbol, this is the same symbol being used for Pesos

4073721_1.jpg
4073721_1.jpg
47p p/m individual subscription

4073721_1.jpg

Community Updates
New Comment

64 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Is this still working?
    When I connect via vpn to Argentinal it's just giving me the price in US Dollars
    Edit: to add that its 19.99 a month and 29.99 a month, not the 570 that is mentioned above

Edit 2: it didn't work with any of the proton VPN servers but when I used the free urban VPN chrome plugin I got the correct prices

So yes this is still working (edited)
    In my experience they blocked all my Visa cards but it works with a Skrill Virtual mastercard
    Yup, judging by this morning's email, this has just died unless you have a debit card registered with an Argentine bank. Notably as well, its the first time I remember receiving a Tidal email with an english translation, so I feel like this is a calculated move against us foreign folk...

Or is it a bluff? (edited)
    Well I've got the Tidal account but not very happy that in the UK you cannot link it to Alexa.
    You can, you just need to change the settings on your alexa so it thinks you are in the US
    Cheers everyone,

my crypto.com visa debit card stopped working as everyone else’s did.

I used tunnelbear on my iPhone to connect to argentina

then used my monzo mastercard as visa is the issue and updated my payment details no issue.

thanks for your help!

sorted.
    I'm getting to the payment and it's all saying error. I've tried Revo and Monzo and getting the same. Any ideas? (edited)
    Made today with Revolut, Virtual card, not one use cards. Works fine
    All payment cards now have to be registered IN Argentina. Received an email today
    Android Urban VPN using Argentina bought up that tidal was not available in my country
    Do you need a VPN to run it aferwards?
    Author
    Nope... Only to sign up
    Must have been a price drop or the value of the ARS has changed ?

I've had my Tidal in Argentina for a couple of years.
    My most recent charge for Tidal Family plan was 39p, usually about £1, so there certainly has been a huge decrease in price. Baffles me how people can justify Spotify etc when this is so cheap and offers most major artists.
    Saying "Not available in your country" with NordVPN
    Nord always has problems. Try a browser incognito mode as well but try another VPN if you have access to one.
    Had this a few months, used surfshark, no issues
    Same, kids like it just as much as Spotify. For 64p who's to complain
    Saying not available in your country
    Hi, try urban VPN
    urban-vpn.com/ (edited)
    PIA private internet access works fine too - took all of 30 odd seconds to get signed up, will see how it goes, cheers!
    Thanks for this, with nordvpn it was a no go but for VPNUnlimited it worked first time.
    Just a heads up though, when I called the daughter to link her to the account if they don't have a VPN turned on it will not work.
    I got her to forward the invitation and created the account for her then it worked okay.
    Reading the reviews about Alexa I guess it will not work well, which is a pity as my little grandson uses that all the time for music.
    Can i use Chase debit card to sign up will there be issues after 1st month?
    I used Chase a few months back and it was fine.
    Lol at first I thought it was a deal for "Tilda" spelt wrong
    I already have a tidal Argentina account part of a family, but want to leave and start my own family plan to share to my friends! Will the account work? Or does it really have to be a never used account? Thanks
    I tried Chase and Monese debit cards but failed to sign up

49390142-dbd78.jpg (edited)
    I'm in the same position, did you find a solution?
    The card I was using for this has expired it won't let me add a different card anyone had this problem?
    may require a vpn when entering payment details
    I remember moving to the new Kroo bank last year and having similar problems adding their card details as my primary payment method. Apparently the system sends address details with the card verification and if it doesn't match up to the address details on your card, it's declined - I suspect it's more to do with location more than anything.

Opened another Revolut account to use that instead and that worked fine. Moved back to Starling when they introduced their virtual cards with the ten year expiry and that was also fine - but - I'm pretty sure I entered the new card details with NO VPN as well so that might be worth a try. I was still charged in ARS from that point so it clearly worked.
    thanks for the original post on this, just signed up to the HiFi Family pass via Argentina for 225ARG which works out at about £1 a month. A fraction of the cost of Spotify Premium - just hope the music collection is more diverse than what it was a long time ago when i tried it once.

I used Surfshark VPN on Windows Desktop and Starling Card and it seems to have accepted it, currently running a 30 day trial but all seems well.
    Signed up in December using VPN and my Chase card for payment. Card was charged on Jan 8 with no problems. Got an error message yesterday that the payment had been declined, and after logging in - using the same VPN - any card I tried resulted in the same thing. Same message as greencurry posted above.

Anyone managed to change payment method successfully in the last couple of days?
    Author
    Yep... Updated mine with Revolut MasterCard
    Yeah, same here. Have tried with my US AmEx, Chase and Citi cards. All resulting in the same error message.
    Author
    Have you tried without VPN. Some have reported it works without being connected to VPN
    Can anyone confirm if Revolut is working? I’ve just tried and get the same payment error as using my Visa card
    I'm getting the same, did you manage to sort it?
    Signed up then realised it doesn't work with Alexa. In this day and age, pretty pointless.
    worked with PIA and revolut thanks
    Going up from $225 to $890 ARS from 1st August, that is a massive price increase.  Still only equates to £3 or less if you don't get any fees, over triple the cost increase all the same.
    Yeah just had an email saying my tidal hifi plus is going up from $145 to $570 , a huge % increase but still a bargain
    Not accepting Revolut
    Accepting, just made it (virtual card) not one use ones.
    I've tried 4 VPN's, all say that it's not available in Argentina now.
    Turbo vpn worked for me but I just received an email saying that they will only accepting card issued from Argentine bank unfortunately.
    Wonder if this is Tidal as a whole clamping down or just Argentina part of company. Spotify did same a while back - this is gonna cost me a fortune at this rate!
    Don't get me wrong, I may cheap stream but I see loads of live bands and spend all the money I save streaming on buying merch direct from the bands or physical media in shops (remember them!)
    Agree. I suspect the accounts may get suspended. Let's wait and see.
    I mean as far as I am concerned, I am happy to pay this, but not the full whack. So a closed account will remain closed and if lots of people feel this way, then subscriptions will go down. I enjoy the service, but not enough (and don't really use it enough to justify) to pay the amount asked in this country. Horses for courses though.
    Is there any other country’s we can try, it did mention Argentina banks but if we set up with another country would it be the same?
's avatar