Posted 8th Oct 2021
It looks like the cheap Turkish Tidal account access is ending on 14/10 following this afternoons email:

Hi,

On 14/10/2021 TIDAL will stop providing its services in Turkey. On that date, users residing in Turkey will no longer be able to access TIDAL.

If you have paid for access to TIDAL past 14/10/2021, you may be entitled to a refund. Please contact member support at support.tidal.com by 31/10/21 and provide your most recent billing date and the email associated with your account so we can process your refund request. Note that refunds may take up to 60 days to process.

Note that your subscription will automatically end on your last billing date and you will not be charged again - no action is required.

In addition, if you have moved from Turkey to another country and wish to change the country your account is associated with so you can continue your service, please contact member support at support.tidal.com
and they can assist you with migrating your account and providing you with 30 days free access.

Does anybody know of any other regions it is possible to leverage from a price advantage standpoint?

It was good whilst it lasted... 3 years at £3.50 a month for HiFi Family access.
Community Updates
Argentina URL via the VPN

tidal.com/ar

BTW I found this free site to move artist/albums/playlist etc between accounts, wont download the tracks (you'll need to select and redownload)

tunemymusic.com
Misc
New Comment
Top comments
Lots of Turks moving to Argentina
Signed up for a new account in Argentina using Tunnelbear VPN.

Used Starling card as payment card.

Transferred playlists using Tunemymusic.

Job done!
147 Comments
  1. Avatar
    I came on here to find an alternative too
  2. Avatar
    Author
    allginger08/10/2021 17:13

I came on here to find an alternative too

There's a few posts on here too: reddit.com/r/T…aL/

Apparently Argentina is the way to go... £1.50, just not sure about how to move my account gracefully.
  3. Avatar
    I was just reading that, maybe a new account?
  4. Avatar
    Just tried VPN for Argentina and it’s blocking me
  5. Avatar
    I've tried their offer of "tell us if you've moved". Logged on via Romanian VPN (cheers, Windscribe) - not as cheap but still lower than the UK, and messaged them from my main account to say I'd moved and forgot to change my account.

If they don't accept I'll export my playlists and will sign up via a VPN link, but don't really want to start over.
    Edited by: "indiegirl" 8th Oct
  6. Avatar
    allginger08/10/2021 17:25

Just tried VPN for Argentina and it’s blocking me

Worked for me on PIA and accepted my Revolut card details

I used a new email address and chose the HIFI Family plan (225 peso = £1.67). I intend to invite my old Turkish family users (including myself) to the new Argentinian one to hopefully keep everything intact
    Edited by: "OllieSt" 8th Oct
  7. Avatar
    Author
    Use Soundiiz to transfer from account to account if you have to. Brilliant tool.
  8. Avatar
    The_Hoff08/10/2021 17:16

There's a few posts on here too: https://www.reddit.com/r/TIdaL/Apparently …There's a few posts on here too: https://www.reddit.com/r/TIdaL/Apparently Argentina is the way to go... £1.50, just not sure about how to move my account gracefully.

See my prior post for graceful/lazy move
  9. Avatar
    i want to use soundiiz but it's a subscription service. Instead I'm trying FreeYourMusic which say it allows tidal to tidal transfers
  10. Avatar
    Try using TuneMyMusic to transfer everything over. Caps at 1000 tracks on the free service, but allows you to convert as many times as you need. Just transferred all my playlists to a Spotify account, until another tidal subscription gets sorted
  11. Avatar
    Romania is coming out at £3.43.

Any other platforms work with the VPN trick?
  12. Avatar
    Lots of Turks moving to Argentina
  13. Avatar
    Just signed up to Argentina with ipvanish, normal is 73p a month and hifi is around £1.07 a month at today's rates.
  14. Avatar
    Southy00708/10/2021 19:38

Just signed up to Argentina with ipvanish, normal is 73p a month and hifi …Just signed up to Argentina with ipvanish, normal is 73p a month and hifi is around £1.07 a month at today's rates.

That's good news

Was it a new account you created, or did you manage to move your existing account?
  15. Avatar
    OllieSt08/10/2021 18:02

Worked for me on PIA and accepted my Revolut card detailsI used a new …Worked for me on PIA and accepted my Revolut card detailsI used a new email address and chose the HIFI Family plan (225 peso = £1.67). I intend to invite my old Turkish family users (including myself) to the new Argentinian one to hopefully keep everything intact

I hope this works for you, I was fearful that because it's being shut down in Turkey, those accounts would be shut down irrespective of they're invited over. I wonder if Tidal will see them as Argentinians or Turks?
  16. Avatar
    Trying to move the members of my “Turkish” family to Argentina but keep getting
    The user you are trying to add has a different country associated with his/her account.
    any ideas
    Edited by: "Headnogood" 8th Oct
  17. Avatar
    Headnogood08/10/2021 20:27

Trying to move the members of my “Turkish” family to Argentina but keep get …Trying to move the members of my “Turkish” family to Argentina but keep getting The user you are trying to add has a different country associated with his/her account. any ideas

Unfortunately, I think that your "family" all have to have accounts from the same country
  18. Avatar
    I think Tidal are ceasing to operate in Turkey due to the Turkish government. I don't think they are going after those who no longer live in Turkey. Vamos mis amigos!
  19. Avatar
    solid08/10/2021 20:41

Unfortunately, I think that your "family" all have to have accounts from …Unfortunately, I think that your "family" all have to have accounts from the same country

Yeah just used a different email for them and it’s done they just need to transfer their playlists now
  20. Avatar
    Headnogood08/10/2021 20:27

Trying to move the members of my “Turkish” family to Argentina but keep get …Trying to move the members of my “Turkish” family to Argentina but keep getting The user you are trying to add has a different country associated with his/her account. any ideas

Yep run into the same problem now

The solution for me is create new users and copy Playlist share link from Turkish user, paste that url into new logged in tidal account and then create identical playlist name.

A bit cumbersome if you have loads of playlists, but entirely possible.

I might look at some of the links in this thread for an automated service

45760559-dIMhm.jpg
  21. Avatar
    indiegirl08/10/2021 20:21

I hope this works for you, I was fearful that because it's being shut down …I hope this works for you, I was fearful that because it's being shut down in Turkey, those accounts would be shut down irrespective of they're invited over. I wonder if Tidal will see them as Argentinians or Turks?

Tidal sees them as Turkish accounts which is a problem. I now have Argentinian account too, so I suppose getting it all done before 14th Oct makes sense
  22. Avatar
    OllieSt08/10/2021 20:56

Tidal sees them as Turkish accounts which is a problem. I now have …Tidal sees them as Turkish accounts which is a problem. I now have Argentinian account too, so I suppose getting it all done before 14th Oct makes sense

At least you had a go. Thanks for trying!

I'll sign up via Arg I think... which VPN did you use, out of interest?
  23. Avatar
    indiegirl08/10/2021 20:59

At least you had a go. Thanks for trying!I'll sign up via Arg I think... …At least you had a go. Thanks for trying!I'll sign up via Arg I think... which VPN did you use, out of interest?

Tunnelbear
  24. Avatar
    indiegirl08/10/2021 20:59

At least you had a go. Thanks for trying!I'll sign up via Arg I think... …At least you had a go. Thanks for trying!I'll sign up via Arg I think... which VPN did you use, out of interest?

I've got PIA (private internet access) and it worked just fine, just had to get my head around signing up for $225 per month but apparently loads of countries uses the $ sign for their currency including Argentinian peso
  25. Avatar
    solid08/10/2021 20:21

That's good newsWas it a new account you created, or did you manage to …That's good newsWas it a new account you created, or did you manage to move your existing account?

Just a new account,, Halifax clarity card, and then used a free service to transfer my playlists across
  26. Avatar
    I found the free services only transfer play lists not track and album like. Any one found a way around this?
  27. Avatar
    I cannot get my Argentinian account to accept either my Revolut nor my Clarity card as payment. It keeps saying that my card was either declined, is wrong, etc

I'm going around in circles. Damn thing. Tried it on the VPN and off it.... the new account is set up for Argentina, but until I can get payment and a subscription sorted... I'm no further forward.
  28. Avatar
    So how do you stop duplicates if you have already transferred say the first 1000 songs and the want to do another 1000?

I've use free my music to transfer from deezer into a new Tidal account. but how can i do it again or if i sign up for a plan to do them all how do i stop duplicates appearing?
  29. Avatar
    Richard_Mathews08/10/2021 22:37

So how do you stop duplicates if you have already transferred say the …So how do you stop duplicates if you have already transferred say the first 1000 songs and the want to do another 1000?I've use free my music to transfer from deezer into a new Tidal account. but how can i do it again or if i sign up for a plan to do them all how do i stop duplicates appearing?

Sorted use a sounditz to transfer from deezer to new tidal account. Fortunately I could remove albums from the new Tidal account and then do a complete transfer
  30. Avatar
    For famaily members, just put a full stop in their email and it recognises it as a new email even when it isnt, works for gmail not sure on others...

Original - joeblogs@gmail.com
    New - joe.blogs@gmail.com or j.oeblogs@gmail.com

All go through to the original gmail but tidal / other apps see it as a new account !!
    Edited by: "Cheshire_UK" 8th Oct
  31. Avatar
    indiegirl08/10/2021 22:07

I cannot get my Argentinian account to accept either my Revolut nor my …I cannot get my Argentinian account to accept either my Revolut nor my Clarity card as payment. It keeps saying that my card was either declined, is wrong, etc I'm going around in circles. Damn thing. Tried it on the VPN and off it.... the new account is set up for Argentina, but until I can get payment and a subscription sorted... I'm no further forward.

Same, I'm with Halifax :/
  32. Avatar
    spong_miester08/10/2021 23:30

I wondered if it was because I've signed up with a "variant" of an email I already use on the Turkey account

So Turkey signs in with x@gmail.com and this Argentinian one signs in with X+tidal@gmail.com

I'm going to try with a completely different email tomorrow... cross fingers.
  33. Avatar
    Used Tunnelbear, Clarity card accepted.
  34. Avatar

I had. no issue getting my clarity card to work. I think I had the ZenMate VPN extension on in chrome at the time.
    Edited by: "jimjim79" 9th Oct
  35. Avatar
    I've tried FreeYourMusic and TuneYourMusic both services will not import favourite tracks and artists into Tidal.
  36. Avatar

Did you manage to get anything to take payment?

I'm on the verge of seeing if PayPal will work for Peru, more expensive than Argentina but no VPN seems to work with either my Clarity nor my Revolut card.
  37. Avatar
    can't get family members account to take any playlists from freemytunes at all
  38. Avatar
    Managed to migrate to Argentina. £1.08 pcm. Accepted my NatWest debit card. Used ‘tunemymusic’ to transfer music collection.

Tunnelbear was blocked by Tidal. Think I used Privado VPN in the end. I tried a few. Thanks all.
  39. Avatar
    indiegirl09/10/2021 10:33

Did you manage to get anything to take payment?I'm on the verge of seeing …Did you manage to get anything to take payment?I'm on the verge of seeing if PayPal will work for Peru, more expensive than Argentina but no VPN seems to work with either my Clarity nor my Revolut card.

I used tunnel bear and a Revolut online card what’s it saying when it won’t let you apply?.
Post a comment
Top Merchants