Car in Question : Fiat punto mk2

6 Comments

Banned

prefer stockings on my handbrake

casparwhite;4917906

prefer stockings on my handbrake

lol

And yes.

Get a Haynes manual. It'll show you how to do it step by step.

Original Poster

Il try and find a guide online..

Do i need anything to tighten it? Wire etc?

The ease of doing this varies from car to car. With most cars you will have to adjust the handbrake from underneath the car which will mean using car ramps or axel stands. I think wickes were doing axel stands for £3 - there was a deal posted on here about a week ago...

Usually involves adjusting a nut on a thread but the thread will be rusted and drop bits of dirt in your eye and you can usually only have enough room to turn the spanner a quarter of a turn......

[QUOTE=gari189;4918015]The ease of doing this varies from car to car. With most cars you will have to adjust the handbrake from underneath the car which will mean using car ramps or axel stands. I think wickes were doing axel stands for £3 - there was a deal posted on here about a week ago...

Usually involves adjusting a nut on a thread but the thread will be rusted and drop bits of dirt in your eye and you can usually only have enough room to turn the spanner a quarter of a turn......[/QUOTE]

Somebody has done ths before. lol

Original Poster

All you have to do.

is take the ashtray assembly out and use a spanner to tighten the 10mm nut.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710954
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would917
      3. What would be HELL to you?2944
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7171351

See more discussions