Expired

Tilt and turn windows? How to keep open in posistion?

Found 18th May 2014
All our main windows are tilt and turn type, normally with a window you open it and it stays whatever you leave it, but with the tilt and turn type when you open them they are fairly loose, is there any gadget that will let you keep them in a fixed posistion when using the turn part?

Either bought or homemade will do!
Community Updates
7 Comments
An autolatch like the one below? They only allow it to open about 100mm...

titon.co.uk/pag…php

I sell a different brand at work...
Is there not a adjuster screw within the window track to friction grip the sliding rail?

Is there not a adjuster screw within the window track to friction grip the sliding rail?

DEALWARRIOR

Is there not a adjuster screw within the window track to friction grip … Is there not a adjuster screw within the window track to friction grip the sliding rail?

There is no sliding rail, it only hinges at the side, really annoying.
SamSungTab

An autolatch like the one below? They only allow it to open about … An autolatch like the one below? They only allow it to open about 100mm...http://www.titon.co.uk/pages/products/restrictors/autolatch.phpI sell a different brand at work...

They only seem to stop it opening past a certain distance and not stop it slamming shut, however that design has given me an idea, going to sit down and do a hardboard mock up later of what I am thinking of. The main issue is them swinging back and forth possibly straining the hinges, when you open a door in the house or another window it causes an airflow that catches another window and slams it.
Can you just fit a window stay as fitted to casement windows at the bottom to lock the window open about 30cm?
For Instance

ebay.co.uk/itm…04e
If you are opening them wide the only solution I ever came up with was either a chock into the frame to hold it in position or some sort of catch if there's something to pin it against to hold the window.

I think some of these tilt and turns can be adjusted by the hinge so that the window only wants to move into the wide open position. My parents have some and they wont slam closed because the window from any position it's placed in once open will automatically open wide. Obviously that's no good if it's going to rain but then I always felt that was the whole point in tilt and turn.
Edited by: "Astec123" 19th May 2014
i use a plastic floor spacer in the hinge to act as a wedge

[img]google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=laminate+floor+packer&source=images&cd=&docid=B6ualb6xQJdiGM&tbnid=klBS4OA9UfBwfM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=ebay.co.uk/sch…tml?_kw=plastic+floor+spacers&ei=oYN5U-P3LvOz0QXLwIGYAw&psig=AFQjCNEmkgR1l6j5JlazKdx0IC42pXGBcw&ust=1400558863605186[/img]
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants