Groups

Tim Farron (I don't believe in democracy) quit

bbc.co.uk/new…300

Tim Farron quits as Lib Dem leader

From a hellish start to today to some good news I think

Top comments

I honestly didn't like him at all and he was the biggest deterent for voting for them during the election. Glad to see he's out
    79 Comments

I honestly didn't like him at all and he was the biggest deterent for voting for them during the election. Glad to see he's out

I actually liked him but they are toxic now would never vote for them after jumping in with the Tories.

He wasn't involved in the condem debacle but his party is tainted.

Good riddance and he can take his policies on weed with him

Not the leader the Lib Dems needed to heal the wounds from the 2015 GE disaster.

Not really anyone who can make them relevant. Norman Lamb lost the 2015 leadership race? Vince Cable?

Like UKIP they have been cast to the political graveyard.

It seems that Labour is now the ONLY stable mainstream party in British Politics.

Now just need May and Corbyn to quit and we could be on the way to having three electable parties.

I'm glad that he's acknowledged that there's no place for his archaic beliefs in modern politics.
    For Lib Dems, it's probably a shame that he led them through the election - with a more charismatic, strong (and stable) leader, they may have picked up more of the centre ground. They had some decent policies, but you pretty much had to stumble on them by yourself - the campaign was very low key. With Labour lurching left and the Conservatives right, there really is a space in the centre, and this really should have been exploited. There are plenty of people who aren't averse to big business, but who also have a social conscience.
    I've a feeling this election was their last chance for a while, and we're back to two party politics.
    Edited by: "fivegoldstars" 14th Jun

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Now just need May and Corbyn to quit and we could be on the way to having … Now just need May and Corbyn to quit and we could be on the way to having three electable parties.

You'd prefer Boris & Diane Abbot?

dtovey89

Not the leader the Lib Dems needed to heal the wounds from the 2015 GE … Not the leader the Lib Dems needed to heal the wounds from the 2015 GE disaster. Not really anyone who can make them relevant. Norman Lamb lost the 2015 leadership race? Vince Cable? Like UKIP they have been cast to the political graveyard.

It will take a long time before they are forgiven for the coalition

splatsplatsplat

You'd prefer Boris & Diane Abbot?

How does that make any sense?

Boris, currently, isn't in the picture for Tory leader.

Dianne Abbot is no where near nor wanting to become Labour leader.

(_;)
    sad he didn't stick it out to be honest
    the Liberals(or whatever the name) have a tradition of sticking by their leaders through thick and thin
    unlike certain other parties

This is the only party who have stuck by what has always been the number one issue
    ELECTORAL REFORM

Wongy110

(_;)sad he didn't stick it out to be honestthe Liberals(or whatever the … (_;)sad he didn't stick it out to be honestthe Liberals(or whatever the name) have a tradition of sticking by their leaders through thick and thinunlike certain other parties This is the only party who have stuck by what has always been the number one issue ELECTORAL REFORM

Yeah well shame they did that deal with the Tories in 2010 that saw them u turning on student fees and such like.
    Good riddance to that party as a relevant force in politics.

Destard

Yeah well shame they did that deal with the Tories in 2010 that saw them … Yeah well shame they did that deal with the Tories in 2010 that saw them u turning on student fees and such like.Good riddance to that party as a relevant force in politics.

For the moment

Error440

yeah, lets keep criminalising people growing a natural plant.

eset12345

What a stupid comment.

eset12345

​exactly let's

Error44012 m ago

What a stupid comment.

I don't really get why it should be illegal either. I don't do it, I just don't think people should be banned from doing it.

The only Party who included within their manifesto to remain in the EU by holding another Referendum, yet managed to gain just 7% of the vote.

Cameron - resigned. Nuttall - resigned. Farron - resigned. Corbyn, sorry what was it he won again?

Error440

Are you happy with alcohol being legal then?

coathanger

The only Party who included within their manifesto to remain in the EU by … The only Party who included within their manifesto to remain in the EU by holding another Referendum, yet managed to gain just 7% of the vote.Cameron - resigned. Nuttall - resigned. Farron - resigned. Corbyn, sorry what was it he won again?

Your angst by the looks of it

hope Vince becomes leader.

CoeK

I don't really get why it should be illegal either. I don't do it, I just … I don't really get why it should be illegal either. I don't do it, I just don't think people should be banned from doing it.

Because its trash that makes people stupid and mental, stupid comment because not only is it not natural, its been bred for years to be stronger and stronger and to be smaller and to produce more leaves and buds so its GM, but theres loads of natural plants that are deadly or extremely harmful. Just another tin foil hat wearer i reckon who calls vaccinations poisonous because they are chemical made in a lab by the man.

MIDURIX

Are you happy with alcohol being legal then?

Ban that too see if i care, be less deaths on the road then

Error4401 m ago

Because its trash that makes people stupid and mental, stupid comment …Because its trash that makes people stupid and mental, stupid comment because not only is it not natural, its been bred for years to be stronger and stronger and to be smaller and to produce more leaves and buds so its GM, but theres loads of natural plants that are deadly or extremely harmful. Just another tin foil hat wearer i reckon who calls vaccinations poisonous because they are chemical made in a lab by the man.

It doesn't make people anything. People make a choice to use or not use drugs. I see it as the same as tobacco or alcohol.

Error4401 m ago

Why not ban roads? Then there wont be and deaths on the road.

Error440

You are right, alcohol has a much stronger affect on your driving. It's much easier to overdose on alcohol, there are way way more deaths due to alcohol and the list goes on. Not 100% sure where I stand myself tho.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Now just need May and Corbyn to quit and we could be on the way to having … Now just need May and Corbyn to quit and we could be on the way to having three electable parties.

All you want is three parties that are exactly the same as each other lol. It's driving you nuts that Labour has been successful while dropping the Neo-Liberalism that has been forced on us since the 1970's.

I think it's great that the electorate has a choice now about which direction the country moves not just red or blue tories.

cat123

All you want is three parties that are exactly the same as each other … All you want is three parties that are exactly the same as each other lol. It's driving you nuts that Labour has been successful while dropping the Neo-Liberalism that has been forced on us since the 1970's. I think it's great that the electorate has a choice now about which direction the country moves not just red or blue tories.

​being forced on who since the 70s? we live in a democratic society.

Error440

What a stupid comment.

it's only a stupid comment if you're ignorant of the medical benefits of cannabis.

it's not my fault you're ignorant.

coathanger

The only Party who included within their manifesto to remain in the EU by … The only Party who included within their manifesto to remain in the EU by holding another Referendum, yet managed to gain just 7% of the vote.Cameron - resigned. Nuttall - resigned. Farron - resigned. Corbyn, sorry what was it he won again?

he won the election according to Shami Chakrabarti.

eset12345

it's only a stupid comment if you're ignorant of the medical benefits of … it's only a stupid comment if you're ignorant of the medical benefits of cannabis.it's not my fault you're ignorant.

Oh here we go, you gonna tell me the oil cures cancer if you shove it up your bum 3 times a day?. Gonna call me Sheepie for taking aspirin.

Lol yep i had you pegged, thanks for confirming it X)

Error440

It will take a long time before they are forgiven for the coalition

They will never be forgiven for that.

Dim Farron isn't so Dim after all, He's done the right thing.

shauneco

They will never be forgiven for that.

Yeah they will, ten years plus.

Pretty sure they are the oldest political party so they are used to waiting
    Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 14th Jun

Authoritarian lefties are the worst of the worst. A government should have no **** right to tell me what I can or cannot put in my own body and thats coming from someone who doesnt drink or smoke weed.

Original Poster

coathanger

You missed out May I wonder why?
    Did she not call a GE for her own benefit?
    Did she already have the support of most of her party and others?
    Did she get the support from the electorate?
    And after calling the GE did she stand up for her manifesto and allow others to debate her about it?

Mrs Weak & Wobbly needs to resign also
    Edited by: "philphil61" 14th Jun

Error440

Yeah they will, ten years plus.Pretty sure they are the oldest political … Yeah they will, ten years plus.Pretty sure they are the oldest political party so they are used to waiting

I most certainly won't and I'll be sure to remind others in 10+ years lol.

Error440

Oh here we go, you gonna tell me the oil cures cancer if you shove it up … Oh here we go, you gonna tell me the oil cures cancer if you shove it up your bum 3 times a day?. Gonna call me Sheepie for taking aspirin.Lol yep i had you pegged, thanks for confirming it X)

maybe you'd like to read all the information in the peer reviewed medical journals to inform yourself, but I doubt if you want to, they say ignorance is bliss, is it?

eset12345

maybe you'd like to read all the information in the peer reviewed medical … maybe you'd like to read all the information in the peer reviewed medical journals to inform yourself, but I doubt if you want to, they say ignorance is bliss, is it?

Maybe you'd like to learn the difference between active compounds that are present in many things and can be synthesized and eating a plant expecting the same results.

Maybe you should also learn the difference between human and animal trials, about direct application to cells in a dish vs oral administration and many other things besides.

There's only every been one human trial of weed, it was on terminally ill brain tumour sufferer's, it found it made no difference to life expectancy, it just acted as a pain killer.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844453
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1957
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?24
      4. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value26

See more discussions