Time for the Christmas tree to go up or come down

Found 7th Nov 2017
When should the Christmas tree be put up? I follow the 12 days of Christmas rule but others prefer to have their tree up by mid November. The latest I have ever seen a Christmas tree still up is mid February but it has been pointed out that the occupant of that household possibly had died so i'm prepared to let that one roll for the time being (devil). Please leave your thoughts and have some festive fun bargain hunters...no grinch required

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
13 Comments

Bah Humbug.

Down,
32385012-igPm6.jpg
Edited by: "shadey12" 7th Nov 2017

Original Poster

grinch

The weekend before. Why people want to wish away so much time when we are weeks/months away is beyond me.

I'm going on holiday the week before Christmas. It will go up when I get back, probably Christmas eve, if I can be bothered to get it out of the attic. I'll take it down when I get bored of it which will probably be around New year's day

Original Poster

psychobitchfromhell4 m ago

I'm going on holiday the week before Christmas. It will go up when I get …I'm going on holiday the week before Christmas. It will go up when I get back, probably Christmas eve, if I can be bothered to get it out of the attic. I'll take it down when I get bored of it which will probably be around New year's day

I like your thinking but I've already seen one up so far, I admire their Xmas spirit but a bit early for me. Happy Easter in advance

Bandicoot10 m ago

I like your thinking but I've already seen one up so far, I admire their …I like your thinking but I've already seen one up so far, I admire their Xmas spirit but a bit early for me. Happy Easter in advance

On that note, we still have two Easter eggs left over to eat...

I've still got homemade mince pies languishing in the freezerfrom last Christmas!
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 7th Nov 2017

I usually put my tree up on or about the 6th December& take it down 12 days after Xmas. But tbh last year I was so fed up with it that I took it down the day after New Years Day!

We tend to put the tree up around the 5th or 6th December and take it down the 2rd January. Cant see the sense in just going to all that trouble for only having it for a week

As close to the start of December as I can persuade my husband . It's about the only thing I can't get out of the loft by myself (7ft big tree) . I may have spent a little bit over the years on decorations and like to have them out for as long as possible . Has to be down by twelfth night though , so comes down the closest day before that that I'm not working. We had a family tradition that anything left up after twelfth night has to stay up all year. We ended up with one lonesome bauble on our noticeboard once, but normally manage a clean sweep. Outside lights might even go out at the end of November if there is a warm day, but don't get switched on til December

I know/knew three people who kept their trees up all year. One had a countdown to Christmas on their front door and lots of Christmas decorations too...

I always put mine up on the first Saturday of December, and then around the first week of January or last few days of December

Trees go up on 1st Dec and come down on the 5th Jan.

I'm never sure about the 12 days of Christmas, is the 24th the first day or the 25th. That's why everything comes down on the 5th - to make sure.

Up as long as it's December it's fine. Down normally as soon as it's January.
Post a comment
@
    Text