Groups

Time Machine

If you had a time machine and could only make one trip in it (so you would have to stay whenever you went) would you go? and if you would when would you go to?

14 Comments

simply go back to last wednesday-put everything on luis oosthuizen to win the open golf at 200/1-job done!

barky

simply go back to last wednesday-put everything on luis oosthuizen to win … simply go back to last wednesday-put everything on luis oosthuizen to win the open golf at 200/1-job done!

Yup, then have the same life as i will have from now, but much much much better

Or, go back to before the World Cup and bet on predicting every single match outcome, 1p accumulator, would love to know the odds on it

Or 1950's America, but would like to take my wife and daughter with me

I'd probably go back to the day before HUKD was updated to see if using this site was really quicker than now.

whatsThePoint

But wouldn't there be 2 of you with the second one thinking i'm off with … But wouldn't there be 2 of you with the second one thinking i'm off with the winnings leaving the original you none the wiser or better off?

my brain hurts just thinking about that! so you are suggesting I might rip myself off? couldnt I then report myself to the police and have myself arrested?

whatsThePoint

Ok so the other you stays and shares the money with you, will you be … Ok so the other you stays and shares the money with you, will you be happy that you wife can now demand a 3some with the pair of you being that you are both the same person

mmm-anytime I ever imagined my wife in a threesome,it involved her sister and just one of me

We were talking about time travel at work today spookily! The only problem with a time machine is that whenever you intend to jump to you will instantly die as you would end up in space as the planet will not be in the same place. All time travel machines are effectively teleportion machines too...which would be far more useful!

Go to the days of the Samurai and did what Tom Cruise did.

Original Poster

cdm22

We were talking about time travel at work today spookily! The only … We were talking about time travel at work today spookily! The only problem with a time machine is that whenever you intend to jump to you will instantly die as you would end up in space as the planet will not be in the same place. All time travel machines are effectively teleportion machines too...which would be far more useful!

you could go back in time when the planet was here lol

Not possible as the Earths orbit changes slightly every year...best case scenario you end up IN the Earth

Original Poster

cdm22

Not possible as the Earths orbit changes slightly every year...best case … Not possible as the Earths orbit changes slightly every year...best case scenario you end up IN the Earth

Lol well maybe it's a really clever time machine like a tardis so it can switch position slighty as well as move in time

I would return to 31st July 2006 and make sure that my mums bedroom window was locked. It was at this time she locked herself out and attempted (at 65) to climb through the window and broke her neck.

diabeticguy

I would return to 31st July 2006 and make sure that my mums bedroom … I would return to 31st July 2006 and make sure that my mums bedroom window was locked. It was at this time she locked herself out and attempted (at 65) to climb through the window and broke her neck.

I have been laughing my head off at some of the replies in this thread, then I read yours diabeticguy, and it's really sad. Was your mum ok, in the end?

Banned

I would go back to the army recruitment office and lie about using an inhaler so that i could fight for my country. I would also drop the mention of wanting to be in the royal military police.

tamoil

I have been laughing my head off at some of the replies in this thread, … I have been laughing my head off at some of the replies in this thread, then I read yours diabeticguy, and it's really sad. Was your mum ok, in the end?

Hope my post didn't put you on a 'downer', I am sorry to say that she died on her bedroom floor. Such a stupid thing to do; I had a spare key and would willingly have popped it round to her.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7261380
      2. word association Game74044574
      3. Giffgaff New goodybags33
      4. Santander - Compensation1617

See more discussions