Groups

Time to move again!(I never relax!) decisions decisions

I currently stay in Ayr in a large flat but dont enjoy it as there is no life really in Ayr since there is like 3 tiny clubs and nothing else.

I study in Glasgow and want to move up there, have had a friend offer me a room in his flat(and sharing bills) for £43 a week and its a few minutes walk from Glasgow University so great for nightlife and societies and means I can go for a night out and not worry about coming back early or have far to go in morning.

Or I can get a room in another shared flat advertised at uni in City Centre for £320 a month inc everything but council tax.

I am on benefits so get a maximum of £69 a week for shared accomodation and means I have a huge chance of getting a job(as the town I am in has next to none) etc.

Or should I look around?

NOTE : This is general chit chat so dont expect a "here we go again"

28 Comments

Move to Glasgow. Sinples

What exactly are you asking here? Surely if your mate has a room for you at less than £69 and you get on then its pointless looking elsewhere?

Banned

dh058977

What exactly are you asking here? Surely if your mate has a room for you … What exactly are you asking here? Surely if your mate has a room for you at less than £69 and you get on then its pointless looking elsewhere?

+1

As an aside - Ayr is a **** now isn't it! Went up there a couple of years back and couldn't believe how bad the place has become

Original Poster

dh058977

What exactly are you asking here? Surely if your mate has a room for you … What exactly are you asking here? Surely if your mate has a room for you at less than £69 and you get on then its pointless looking elsewhere?

Well yeah but then add bills on top and it may work out cheaper to go for 2nd one as with friend I would have to half bills and get bus into town(or do a massive long walk) and will be just that bit easier to find work.

Original Poster

colinsunderland

+1As an aside - Ayr is a **** now isn't it! Went up there a couple of … +1As an aside - Ayr is a **** now isn't it! Went up there a couple of years back and couldn't believe how bad the place has become

Yeah its gone downhill massively, used to live here 5 years ago and it was nice before they closed down loads of shops and cafes, plus the rent has gone up hugely in area, well if 25% is a lot!

I'd go for one at uni, west end is nicer than city centre.

ryouga

Well yeah but then add bills on top and it may work out cheaper to go for … Well yeah but then add bills on top and it may work out cheaper to go for 2nd one as with friend I would have to half bills and get bus into town(or do a massive long walk) and will be just that bit easier to find work.

Maybe should have mentioned that in the OP then!? lol

Original Poster

dh058977

Maybe should have mentioned that in the OP then!? lol

Well I mentioned the sharing bills bit in first post just not which one was closer to uni.
    Edited by: "ryouga" 14th Feb 2011

Banned

Flick a coin?

Christ - wish I got benefits to help me when I went to Uni. Sigh.

Still paying for it nearly 10 years later.

Banned

Here we go again!

Banned

What? Another enthralling chapter in the "Ryouga can't make his own life decisions so get strangers online to do it" book?

The thread title took me back to my youth...............

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/covtelegraph/sep2008/2/6/9E998E31-F679-7682-360CA9FD6494A912.jpg

JonnyTwoToes

Here we go again!

You better not be addressing me.

Option 2. I would never live with a friend if it could be avoided

Banned

moob

You better not be addressing me.

Or what?

JonnyTwoToes

Or what?

Haven't decided yet on what kind of virtual beating I was going to give you.

Regardless, were you referring to my comment or the OP's?

Banned

moob

Haven't decided yet on what kind of virtual beating I was going to give … Haven't decided yet on what kind of virtual beating I was going to give you.Regardless, were you referring to my comment or the OP's?

The fact that the OP states: "NOTE : This is general chit chat so dont expect a "here we go again"" may help you?

If not, you may be able to get some money back on your university fees? I think trading standards may be able to help.
    Edited by: "JonnyTwoToes" 14th Feb 2011

JonnyTwoToes

The fact that the OP states: "NOTE : This is general chit chat so dont … The fact that the OP states: "NOTE : This is general chit chat so dont expect a "here we go again"" may help you?If not, you may be able to get some money back on your university fees? I think trading standards may be able to help.

Someone's having a bad day.

Someone pee in your cereal this morning?

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z208/Ochamade/Messages/Days/Smilies/smilie-high-five.gif

Banned

moob

Someone's having a bad day.Someone pee in your cereal this morning?

Yeah, I did. I'm that hard.

Are you not entitled to Housing Benefit on top of your other payments as well?

EDIT : Or did you mean you get £69 housing benefit already?

I guess you are a part time student?

can u get into uni nights and stuff if u arent a student?

Banned

can you really get income support / housing benefit whilst going to uni? Blimey!

csiman

can you really get income support / housing benefit whilst going to uni? … can you really get income support / housing benefit whilst going to uni? Blimey!

I didn't think you could.
    Anyhoo, full time students get council tax exemption so that wouldn't be an issue in flat number 2.

ryouga

with friend I would have to half bills and get bus into town(or do a … with friend I would have to half bills and get bus into town(or do a massive long walk)

have had a friend offer me a room in his flat(and sharing bills) for £43 … have had a friend offer me a room in his flat(and sharing bills) for £43 a week and its a few minutes walk from Glasgow University

a massive long walk, or a few mins away? or am i wrong and you dont go to glasgow uni?

Original Poster

shibi din

Are you not entitled to Housing Benefit on top of your other payments as … Are you not entitled to Housing Benefit on top of your other payments as well?EDIT : Or did you mean you get £69 housing benefit already?

The £69 is the maximum HB for sharing a property, its like £98 for a flat/house where I am only tenant but then means a massive deposit I cant afford and big rent in advance.

I get about £60 a week from income support.
    peodude

I guess you are a part time student?

Yep part time student so have access to student nights but I cant afford to go to anyway.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!88
      2. Nectar launch eGift card redemption for selected brands including Currys, A…44
      3. Spotify Family Premium share59
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767221

See more discussions