Found 30th Oct 2009
I have a Times/Sunday Times subscription which costs me £4.50 a week. I pay them, they send me vouchers, I give them to the newsagent (saving £3,50 per week).

Have just had renewal notification - gone up to £6.50 per week (or £6.00 via direct debit).

Anyone got any way round this?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
6 Comments

If you live in london get it delivered for £4.50 a week, thats what I do and its free delivery!

They always seem to do this - they entice you in with a low rate then when it comes to renewal the price increases astronomically. This has happened to me. I think they hope you dont notice if you pay by direct debit. I cancelled mine after it increased a lot and almost immediately got a phone call from their sales team asking "Had I cancelled because of the increase?" Say no more.

Original Poster

cashian2001;6732991

If you live in london get it delivered for £4.50 a week, thats what I do … If you live in london get it delivered for £4.50 a week, thats what I do and its free delivery!

I don't think any London newsagents will deliver to where I Live!

Cancel your subscription and then start a new one (assuming the cost of a new one is still £4.50)?

Original Poster

Err, no. It's £6.50 for everyone from now on, new or old (and I've had this subscription for 6 years!).

When I said I'd cancel it, the woman on the other end said "Okay". Couldn't give a spit.

Subscription cancelled.

Any other papers got deals on?

Original Poster

Sorted.

Times cancelled, Independent subscription taken out at 40% discount PLUS free subscription to magazine of choice from list.

PLUS, they give you upoo to 3 weeks holiday, rather than the Times dated vouchers which were useless if you went away.

|Will post as a deal
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604828
    2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48911000
    3. Did you know?3158
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769586

See more discussions