Times table rockstars

Posted 31st Jan 2019
My children's school used to use Mathletics but don't any longer. I found that my daughters loved Mathletics because they were on their tabs but still practising school work at the same time. But uts by far to expensive to buy a subscription.
I've heard of the times table rockstars and wondered if it's any good? It's cheaper at around £7 and only focuses on times tables but I don't want to spend that amount of its no good at all. Or can anyone recommend any other similar apps?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
This is used by our school. The kids love it.
Seems good, our school is recommending and using them across all primary school classes.
AMaky27 m ago

Seems good, our school is recommending and using them across all primary …Seems good, our school is recommending and using them across all primary school classes.

Wonderful teachers...priceless.
My son was the 2nd winner for our school
I'm a maths leader at a school. The children much prefer tt rockstar than mathletics. They like the competition and earning points to spend in the avatars shop.
We also use hit the button app I think it's fairly cheep. It practises tables, division and number bond recall.
I'm a KS2 teacher and recently introduced Times Table Rockstar in my class. The children do prefer it to other maths websites/apps as they can compete against eachother, play with eachother online (Arena mode) and can use their coins to customise their avatars. 100% recommend.
My primary school use it an my kids seem to enjoy it so I'm happy
Trevormal1 h, 13 m ago

We also use hit the button app I think it's fairly cheep. It practises …We also use hit the button app I think it's fairly cheep. It practises tables, division and number bond recall.

That sounds great I'll look I to that
Thanks everyone!
Eden003231/01/2019 20:45

I'm a KS2 teacher and recently introduced Times Table Rockstar in my …I'm a KS2 teacher and recently introduced Times Table Rockstar in my class. The children do prefer it to other maths websites/apps as they can compete against eachother, play with eachother online (Arena mode) and can use their coins to customise their avatars. 100% recommend.

If your a ks2 teacher how do you get so much time to spend on here? Are you one of those who do planning the same day as teaching
Misslovely01/02/2019 19:22

If your a ks2 teacher how do you get so much time to spend on here? Are …If your a ks2 teacher how do you get so much time to spend on here? Are you one of those who do planning the same day as teaching

Haha

I try to keep up with workload as best I can.
My sons school uses Sumdog and he loves that. Lots of games and skills to choose from.

It’s free for the school but we can subscribe so we can monitor his progression and set him challenges.
Eden003201/02/2019 19:24

HahaI try to keep up with workload as best I can.

Don't worry.
Iv seen some teachers on the photo copier for 1 hour when they are sposed to teach the lesson but leave class to the Ta.
Must be lucky gets, talk about stressful teaching
Misslovely01/02/2019 19:30

Don't worry. Iv seen some teachers on the photo copier for 1 hour when …Don't worry. Iv seen some teachers on the photo copier for 1 hour when they are sposed to teach the lesson but leave class to the Ta.Must be lucky gets, talk about stressful teaching

I try to avoid worksheets where I can. Less photocopying, more learning
Eden00322 m ago

I try to avoid worksheets where I can. Less photocopying, more learning

Thats a good Sir
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants