Tiny bedroom design 230cm x 2100cm with lots of storage

Posted 12th Jan
Hi all, might not be the best place to post this, I was originally going to try ikea hackers but they don't seem to have a working forum anymore. Anyway I'm trying to decorate a tiny box room for a teenager to move into. I've been on a couple of design apps and websites. It appears that a lot of peple are using ikea kitchen wall cabinets in small rooms for their smaller depth 37cm. Does anyone have any links for some modern bedroom designs for tiny rooms, or know any good forums for this kind of thing. I need to fit in as much storage as possible, fit in a 40 inch TV and ideally have a desk and single bed with storage under. I see lots of stuff online but nothing much in a space as small as this. Any ideas or opinions welcomed. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Download Sketchup and design it yourself.
Can you show where is the door and windows?

I used to have a box room...
Edited by: "Cisco060606" 12th Jan
39656268-ItJNK.jpgthats the basic layout, door on left walk in window at back in the center. Could fit a bed either along the window or to the side. Probably going to put it along the window then try make room for storage along the walls and above with a TV on the same wall as the door
39656284-OlJeU.jpgHere's a quick design I did using room planner app. The furniture will mostly be ikea. Just trying to make the best possible use of the small space
The pax wardrobes come in a 38 depth and in two different heights.
This is what I used to have in the box room.

39656476-7w13T.jpg
you will need to hang the telly.

My single bed is a divan base with sliding door storage.

Computer desk trolley. These with wheel such that it is easily moveable to get access to wardrobe if needed.
argos.co.uk/pro…674

I think mine is longer than 203 cm as I think my wardrobe is 100cm width.

You could only able to fit this.
amazon.co.uk/War…c=1
Edited by: "Cisco060606" 12th Jan
When we had a box room we hung the door so that it opened out onto the landing. Gave a little more workable space.
Thanks for the ideas. Im thinking of getting a bi-folding door to help with space. I will check out the 38 depth pax aswell
how about an elevated single bed allowing storage underneath or a desk?
is heating going to be an issue?
I know teenagers like their own big tellies but is a laptop/computer monitor with all the streaming services a possible alternative?
tardytortoise12/01/2020 13:23

how about an elevated single bed allowing storage underneath or a desk?is …how about an elevated single bed allowing storage underneath or a desk?is heating going to be an issue?I know teenagers like their own big tellies but is a laptop/computer monitor with all the streaming services a possible alternative?

Hi, elevated bed is not ideal because he wants the bed where the window is, window height is 70cm so can't go too high. He wants a daybed with drawers under. I've just got him a new 49 inch TV so that is a must. Im probably going to hang it off a cantilever bracket on the wall where the door is, so I need to plan some storage where the TV is going above and below and around a corner which is a bit of a challenge. I'm thinking a mix of drawers some wall cabinets and maybe some shelving.i might try get a drop leaf desk in there, I know ikea do one. It's just a bit of a challenge getting everything to integrate and work in such a small space.
Edited by: "mart321" 12th Jan
Go up - high sleeper bed with desk and storage under.
do you need a tv in the bedroom especially that size f9r tiny space?
pax wardrobe can be customised.
mart32112/01/2020 13:47

Hi, elevated bed is not ideal because he wants the bed where the window …Hi, elevated bed is not ideal because he wants the bed where the window is, window height is 70cm so can't go too high. He wants a daybed with drawers under. I've just got him a new 49 inch TV so that is a must. Im probably going to hang it off a cantilever bracket on the wall where the door is, so I need to plan some storage where the TV is going above and below and around a corner which is a bit of a challenge. I'm thinking a mix of drawers some wall cabinets and maybe some shelving.i might try get a drop leaf desk in there, I know ikea do one. It's just a bit of a challenge getting everything to integrate and work in such a small space.

I would say to maximise the space you need to put the bed high.

We used to have box room and had custom build bed which had a wardrobe, draws and cupboard all underneath bed. This saved a huge amount of space. The wardrobe opened out at the end of the bed. The draws and cupboards opened out of the side.

No idea how much it would cost to do but could be something to consider.
I don't think he'll want a high bed for long if he is already a teenager - he won't be able to sit up in it without hitting the ceiling.

A tv that size in such a small space may not be ideal. Good idea about the door opening outwards. Do bear in mind if there are skirting boards that will limit cupboards/units or beds being pushed right up to the wall.
Hi all. Had a good look today. Think I'm getting a nordli bed from Ikea, it has underbed storage and doesn't block the window. Theres also a clever headboard for it that has shelf space and a floating bedside table. Ikea also have a drop leaf table which folds flat against the wall. I'm going to get the metod kitchen cabinets for the walls, as there is a massive range of sizes so I can get the exact size I need for the room, whike keeping the small depth. Going to finish with some nordli modular drawers which fit perfect next to the entrance and then some sort of modular shelving that ikea do.
Have you considered, your radiator and electric points or haven't you got worry about these. There's also the other door options of pocket doors but I suppose that's more costs and if you have too. For the pocket in the wall.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions