Tiny bugs/insects in bathroom

Posted 20th Nov
Ok so this has been stressing me out. I have seen tiny (very tiny) insects or bugs not sure what they are called, around my bath tub tap. I’ve cleaned it so many times for a few weeks now but they seem to come back. I do clean often and used thick bleach last time to get rid of them but they decide to come after few days.
How do I get rid of them?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
deleted1471098
Any pictures? Is your sink near a window? If yes do you have the vents open and has it been windy?

wilko.com/en-…182

Will work but you have to spray the source of it.
Edited by: "deleted1471098" 20th Nov
We get very tiny Beatles in our bathroom , but just for a couple of weeks every year in summer. They are not much more than pin head size and from what I can understand are probably 'Carpet Beatles ' of sorts. Just get a few on the window ledges and in the bath, they seem to be drawn to the light. We have a spot light in the bathroom ceiling that has a slight gap around it and I think they get through that from the loft.They don't cause any real problems , so apart from cleaning them up , I haven't tried to get rid of them.
yorkie1220/11/2019 12:39

We get very tiny Beatles in our bathroom

39041255-T8dmi.jpg
Sorry, yorkie12.
Spelling not my strong point , beetles...lol
deleted1471098
yorkie1220/11/2019 12:39

We get very tiny Beatles in our bathroom , but just for a couple of weeks …We get very tiny Beatles in our bathroom , but just for a couple of weeks every year in summer. They are not much more than pin head size and from what I can understand are probably 'Carpet Beatles ' of sorts. Just get a few on the window ledges and in the bath, they seem to be drawn to the light. We have a spot light in the bathroom ceiling that has a slight gap around it and I think they get through that from the loft.They don't cause any real problems , so apart from cleaning them up , I haven't tried to get rid of them.

Suggest spraying all the carpets and around that light fitting.
deleted147109820/11/2019 16:10

Suggest spraying all the carpets and around that light fitting.

There are no carpets , think they are probably living in an old birds nest or something. Been up the loft and there's nothing to see. The light fitting is under a boarded bit of the loft so they may live under there. Only ever notice them in July for a week or two and then they are gone.
Do they look like woodworm?

39043843-S7HJ8.jpg39043843-iR87W.jpg
They usually come out in warmer months. If it is woodworm you need to find out where they are. They usually like to go for your big wooden beams first under the floorboards.

If the wood has woodworm it will have loads of tiny holes. You can buy stuff to get rid of em in diy stores. Just keep spraying it on and coating it on every few months and they will eventually be killed off. If it is woodworm and you don't treat it there could be one big bill coming if they weaken the joist.
MonkeysUncle20/11/2019 17:36

Do they look like woodworm?[Image] [Image]

No they are very tiny I almost can’t see what they look like
Had something like that in a previous house, they were "Drain flies/moths" Tiny little things, really cute. Hated having to "off" them but ex-wife insisted.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions