Groups

Tinyxp isn't legal (and it's poor). Please don't discuss it here.

Banned

OK - so Ducky - you closed the thread where someone was asking about Tiny Xp.

Your reply was:

Tinyxp isn't legal (and it's poor). Please don't discuss it here.

Which is fair enough. I won't do that.

However, can I ask why its ok to discuss Nintendo DS cards and loading illegal ROMS?

Smells of double standards me thinks.

134 Comments

in before the lock

the man has a point

and all illegal downloads.

Babbabooey;4816550

in before the lock:)

me too!

I hope they're not gonna stop that talk now u've asked Guv!!:p

xbox flashing anyone?

meow?

touché ;-)

manchesterjim;4816552

the man has a point

he does and a fairly valid one but the only reason he's brought it up is a personal grudge he's got against a certain member otherwise he'd have mentioned all the other grey area type stuff thats openly discussed.

but he has a point.:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

hannah19790;4816564

me too!I hope they're not gonna stop that talk now u've asked Guv!!:p

Silence is golden.

ants97;4816604

he does and a fairly valid one but the only reason he's brought it up is … he does and a fairly valid one but the only reason he's brought it up is a personal grudge he's got against a certain member otherwise he'd have mentioned all the other grey area type stuff thats openly discussed. but he has a point.:thumbsup:

See thats where you've got it all wrong - (as you do each and every time you make your side of the fence known).

I DON'T have an issue with the subject. I do have an issue with why its allowed and other stuff thats completely legal, isn't. Presumably you agree otherwise you wouldn't have said its a valid point.

what's tinyxp?

I'm guessing its because the other cards can be used for more then one function.

And Tiny Xp is illegal full stop?

Maybe wrong.

Ad

ctuk;4816656

what's tinyxp?

I'd google it or this thread will vanish...

Original Poster Banned

ctuk;4816656

what's tinyxp?

Windows XP that runs off a USB stick.

Whilst I wont argue that most would obtain via a dodgy download, I would argue that using it via legal methods (ie genuine disc) is not illegal.

Unlike EVERY ROM run on an NDS - whether you own the game or not.

guv;4816652

Silence is golden.See thats where you've got it all wrong - (as you do … Silence is golden.See thats where you've got it all wrong - (as you do each and every time you make your side of the fence known).I DON'T have an issue with the subject. I do have an issue with why its allowed and other stuff thats completely legal, isn't. Presumably you agree otherwise you wouldn't have said its a valid point.

you do have a valid point but its the motive behind it that lends me to be less sympathetic to your point.

Original Poster Banned

Adam2050;4816678

I'm guessing its because the other cards can be used for more then one … I'm guessing its because the other cards can be used for more then one function.

Not when you see discussion that includes details of what was "included in a the zip file - and included an ID file" There is 100% no way the discussion is anything other than illegal software being installed on a device made purely to defeat software protection.

ants97;4816559

and all illegal downloads.

We don't allow discussion on download sites, etc.

guv;4816689

Windows XP that runs off a USB stick.

In again, before the now definite lock :w00t:

Original Poster Banned

ants97;4816714

you do have a valid point but its the motive behind it that lends me to … you do have a valid point but its the motive behind it that lends me to be less sympathetic to your point.

Think what you like.

I've stated on numerous occasions (and will say it again now), I have NO PROBLEM with NDS discussion and think its fine to be here. I do however think it stinks when lesser "grey areas" are not allowed.

What's amusing here tbh - is the fact you agree with the argument, but don't want to, because you think I'm targetting "Saint".

Its either right or wrong. Rules are for all - not just for people you like (or dislike.)

guv;4816718

Not when you see discussion that includes details of what was "included … Not when you see discussion that includes details of what was "included in a the zip file - and included an ID file" There is 100% no way the discussion is anything other than illegal software being installed on a device made purely to defeat software protection.

Ah I see what you mean.

Ad

guv;4816718

Not when you see discussion that includes details of what was "included … Not when you see discussion that includes details of what was "included in a the zip file - and included an ID file" There is 100% no way the discussion is anything other than illegal software being installed on a device made purely to defeat software protection.

If you spot someone discussing something which is obviously illegal then please let us know. There are freeware games that can be loaded onto these cards, so knowing how to load thing onto one isn't necessarily illegal.

Anyhow, let us know and we'll take a look...

These sort of things often confuse me about what is and what isn't allowed.........i think they call it 'discretion' so it depends on the mod i think.

There was someone who had a thread locked in Misc about something and then got suspended for asking why in Feedback...........bit vague but i can't remember what it was.

Original Poster Banned

Babbabooey;4816745

In again, before the now definite lock :w00t:

Why? You asked what it was. Now you know. There was no discussion.

guv;4816803

Why? You asked what it was. Now you know. There was no discussion.

I never asked anything :thinking:

Original Poster Banned

duckmagicuk2;4816771

If you spot someone discussing something which is obviously illegal then … If you spot someone discussing something which is obviously illegal then please let us know. There are freeware games that can be loaded onto these cards, so knowing how to load thing onto one isn't necessarily illegal.Anyhow, let us know and we'll take a look...

Freeware games? You're having a laugh! Why is it the names of these freeware games are never mentioned? - Or where they get them from? Vice Versa, why do I keep seeing names of pucker software mentioned?

File .IDZ anyone!

Sorry, but thats a lame answer. (Seriously)

jailbreaking iPods?
    The list goes on.

I predict a red hot report button on upcoming threads. :lol:

what about HD .mkv files, are they legal?

Banned

I am illegal immigrant yet I allowed to post on tis forum...go figure

We aren't lawyers. We aren't here to decide what's legal and what's not.

I knew that TinyXP is NOT a product made by Microsoft and is modified/distributed illegally. Therefore, I took the decision to close the thread.

dcx_badass;4816913

Flashing 360's is also illegal yet that stays. And there's always threads … Flashing 360's is also illegal yet that stays. And there's always threads about piracy on here, I've reported some to the MPAA before.

I dont think the flashing of 360s is illegal, its your property you can do what you want with it. Using the flashed 360 to run pirated games, is.

Goonieman;4817143

I dont think the flashing of 360s is illegal, its your property you can … I dont think the flashing of 360s is illegal, its your property you can do what you want with it. Using the flashed 360 to run pirated games, is.

It is technically illegal as you are modifying the software which you aren't permitted to do without consent.

Syzable;4817158

It is technically illegal as you are modifying the software which you … It is technically illegal as you are modifying the software which you aren't permitted to do without consent.

depends on whether or not its in the license agreement (i don't know offhand).
    In theory, if theres nothing about the hardware, you can modify it to your hearts content but running pirated games is 100% illegal.

And on the subject of TinyXP, technically you can make a legal one using nlite and a VALID copy of your winxp CD and license key. So this is also a grey area. its not right to just assume its illegal.

czar.nik;4817207

depends on whether or not its in the license agreement (i don't know … depends on whether or not its in the license agreement (i don't know offhand).In theory, if theres nothing about the hardware, you can modify it to your hearts content but running pirated games is 100% illegal.

Yes it's in the agreement..........M$ don't miss a trick. :lol:

I like the way the mods are deciding to completely ignore all our examples of what we consider illegal discussions on here. hmnnnnn.....

As a few have said its legal to make your own 'tinyxp' from a valid licensed copy for personal use as long as you do not remove certain copyrights etc and do not distribute it. bsically all you are doing is stripping down the install with nlite. its the fact that tinyxp is distributed whole via torrents etc that is the problem

kungfu;4817235

As a few have said its legal to make your own tinyxp from a valid … As a few have said its legal to make your own tinyxp from a valid licensed copy for personal use as long as you do not remove certain copyrights etc and do not distribute it.

i think its a slight grey area because you can, for example, get the nlite file for tinyXP and make your own and thats technically legal but if you download a premade one, that isnt (not allowed to distribute)
    So it is tricky and it depends on how you do it.
    Sharing the appropriate nlite file IS legal.
    sharing the finished CD IS NOT

Babbabooey;4817221

I like the way the mods are deciding to completely ignore all our … I like the way the mods are deciding to completely ignore all our examples of what we consider illegal discussions on here. hmnnnnn.....

I don't think they are ignoring it.............they are just stuck between a rock and a hard place with it all really,

Syzable;4817284

I don't think they are ignoring it.............they are just stuck … I don't think they are ignoring it.............they are just stuck between a rock and a hard place with it all really,

I'm inclined to agree.

Syzable;4817284

I don't think they are ignoring it.............they are just stuck … I don't think they are ignoring it.............they are just stuck between a rock and a hard place with it all really,

Or, they know that we are all right and won't admit it.

Live stripped down xp variants can be useful for fixing pc's and get you in crashed systems for recovery purposes, why can microshaft do their own version for this purpose? Doesnt need to be a full blown OS just a way of accessing files and moving them about and fixing defective files. If its not legally available people will create and distribute their own.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2340
      2. word association Game74044562
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767409
      4. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1717

See more discussions