Tip for IBS sufferers

Found 20th Apr
Hey, so I've been suffering with IBS for about 6 years. I've tried many probiotics over the years in pill and yoghurt form.

Ive stopped buying supplements as it was getting too costly and wasnt seeing a great deal of difference, if any

I now found that Lidls own brand probiotic drink which costs under £2 for 8 and tastes a lot nicer than yakult imo is really helping

Could it be the cheapest remedy is the most effective? Im stunned but delighted, if of course it really is the yoghurt drink working and not other factors...

Thoughts? Hope this helps someone.
Community Updates
Misc
11 Comments
It's good to hear you're at last getting some respite from that dreadful condition.

I'm not sure we know anywhere near enough about IBS to even come up with what we might see as a tried and tested strategy.

But, hopefully this stuff is going to work for you.
I buy Colpermin off eBay in the 100's, could get them from the doc for free but would rather NHS money went on more important things.
I've tried other brands but Colpermin seems to work much better.
Changing your diet is the best bet.
Try blackseed oil ...
Darzen5 h, 9 m ago

I buy Colpermin off eBay in the 100's, could get them from the doc for …I buy Colpermin off eBay in the 100's, could get them from the doc for free but would rather NHS money went on more important things.I've tried other brands but Colpermin seems to work much better.Changing your diet is the best bet.

Agree - diet and lifestyle are key but it's knowing what to eliminate e.g dairy, gluten etc.
espirit772 h, 49 m ago

Agree - diet and lifestyle are key but it's knowing what to eliminate e.g …Agree - diet and lifestyle are key but it's knowing what to eliminate e.g dairy, gluten etc.

Agree aswell, I did a fodmap diet, worked out my triggers and now avoid them (cheese was the main culprit) and I don't have too many issues or flare ups anymore.
Peppermint tea or capsules?
Probiotics really do help, but I guess it depends on which ibs symptoms you have as they vary widely. Diet is so important and watch out for the likes of coke, if you drink a lot of it like I did it can make things worse. 12 years since I stoop drinking it and probiotic really helped. Now can eat out which was a nightmare for 10 years before that and though I get flare ups occasionally it’s much better than it was.
Pink_Yoshi_Rebel_Army3 h, 51 m ago

Peppermint tea or capsules?

Peppermint tea is a godsend for sure. For some reason the capsules don't agree with me, the oil seems to travel back up to my throat
INDUSTRYHATER4 h, 29 m ago

Agree aswell, I did a fodmap diet, worked out my triggers and now avoid …Agree aswell, I did a fodmap diet, worked out my triggers and now avoid them (cheese was the main culprit) and I don't have too many issues or flare ups anymore.

I think I need to go dairy free apart from my daily shot of probio yog. i do worry about calcium but i guess there's calcium in other things
espirit7754 m ago

I think I need to go dairy free apart from my daily shot of probio yog. i …I think I need to go dairy free apart from my daily shot of probio yog. i do worry about calcium but i guess there's calcium in other things

Have you tried any of the lactofree products? Dairy but just with the lactose taken out.

33674433-aU6F8.jpg
Some good recommendations here. I've been buying the Lidl probiotic yoghurt for a few years and really helps. I drink a lot of peppermint tea too. As someone else mentioned, it's finding what's right for you and to establish the things which trigger flare ups. I've also massively lessened my intake of dairy products the past year which has also helped - for instance, I now only drink Lidl's soya milk with my coffee and cereal and I've come to really like the taste.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants