[SOLVED] Tip of my tongue - Boardgame Deal - What was the name of the game?

Posted 3rd Dec
[SOLVED]

Thanks for your help all! The deal WAS for Exploding Kittens, but it was a comment in that thread that had lodged in my subconscious. Someone mentioned the creators had a released a new game called Throw Throw Burrito that was really fun. It was this game that I was trying to remember! nothing to do with pigs or farmyard animals, so sorry for the red herrings!! Thanks again all - hotukdeals.com/dea…624

[SOLVED]

Hi all,

Can anyone help me find a deal that went hot on here about a month ago? It was for an indie, family board/card game (think Exploding Kittens, Cards against Humanity, that sort of indie game)

I feel like it had some animals, like pigs on the front of the box?

The deal was for this game, but a lot of people in the comments said the sequel had been recently released and it was even better. It had catchy three-word name (I think!) but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

Does this ring any bells? I don't even recall what the game entailed. Just a lot of people recommending it in the comments.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry to be so vague.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

19 Comments
Something like these ones?
Exploding Kittens A Card Game
Exploding Kittens First Expansion: Imploding Kittens
Barpig The Adventure Party Game!?
Edited by: "cryptons" 3rd Dec
@jayhutton10 can you help?
Pass the pigs?
Don't panic, spot it, Obama llama, werewolf?
Scrawl, mysterium, dixit, sagrada were some others, no pigs though!
Unstable Unicorns?
Thanks for all the help so far! It's none of the above sadly. It's definitely a deal for the predecessor to a sequel that's now been released. And there were people in the comments quoting the name of the sequel. Saying the original was great but the sequel was even better still.

I might be misremembering the pigs. Maybe it was just farmyard animals? I've got images of the boxart being animals shot out of cannons, or flung into the air or something!
Edited by: "joseph28009010190014" 3rd Dec
joseph2800901019001403/12/2019 21:08

Thanks for all the help so far! It's none of the above sadly. It's …Thanks for all the help so far! It's none of the above sadly. It's definitely a deal for the predecessor to a sequel that's now been released. And there were people in the comments quoting the name of the sequel. Saying the original was great but the sequel was even better still.I might be misremembering the pigs. Maybe it was just farmyard animals? I've got images of the boxart being animals shot out of cannons, or flung into the air or something!

Do you remember what the premise of the game was. Was there a board? Playing pieces? Or just cards?
jayhutton1003/12/2019 21:22

Do you remember what the premise of the game was. Was there a board? …Do you remember what the premise of the game was. Was there a board? Playing pieces? Or just cards?

Thanks for all your help Jay. Please see the body of my post. Turned out it was the Exploding Kittens thread after all, but it was the comments mentioning Throw Throw Burrito that I wanted, as that's the mystery game I wanted!
joseph2800901019001403/12/2019 21:26

Thanks for all your help Jay. Please see the body of my post. Turned out …Thanks for all your help Jay. Please see the body of my post. Turned out it was the Exploding Kittens thread after all, but it was the comments mentioning Throw Throw Burrito that I wanted, as that's the mystery game I wanted!

Ahh glad you managed to find it
You are welcome, always glad to help a fellow board gamer.
joseph2800901019001403/12/2019 21:26

Thanks for all your help Jay. Please see the body of my post. Turned out …Thanks for all your help Jay. Please see the body of my post. Turned out it was the Exploding Kittens thread after all, but it was the comments mentioning Throw Throw Burrito that I wanted, as that's the mystery game I wanted!

Just looked it up, that game looks amazing!
Sorry, just caught up with all my threads

Op, let us know if the game meets your expectations, I assume you are going to play it soon?
I'm a bit slow haha! Glad you got the answer, OP (The only thing I thought of while reading the post was Three Little Pigs by IELLO so not really that indie.)

I bet Throw Throw is a big hit with kids, probably not so good for the pub... Spill Spill Pinto
solid04/12/2019 06:05

Sorry, just caught up with all my threadsOp, let us know if the game meets …Sorry, just caught up with all my threadsOp, let us know if the game meets your expectations, I assume you are going to play it soon?

Will do! It'll be a Christmas present, so sadly I won't be able to give any feedback before the big day. But will defo give my impressions for if anyone wants to pick it up for the new year
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants