Groups

*** TIP *** Stay at hotels for much less using ibidlow online & Hotwire resources.

I was'nt going to post this but thought it could be very useful for others.
    You need to do some work to find the right hotel cheaper,but these are the tools i used and have booked through Hotwire ( it's a USA site,but you get more for your £1.00)
    1st Look at ibidlow instructions and compare with Hotwire,basically Hotwire does'nt tell you which hotels your booking until after you book,but ibidlow is the tool to use to find the name of hotel as i did.

I got a 5* hotel in Amsterdam, saving about 45% on the cheapest price out there.
    Got comfirmation email fine and all has went through with no problems.
    Will add a few other site that can also be helpful,but as I said only works if your willing to put in a wee bit of research/work.

Hope this helps someone out there.

12 Comments

Original Poster

ibidlow.com/

hotwire.com/ind…jsp

This site below, names the unamed hotels found on Hotwire too.
    betterbidding.com/ind…693

After you reserve through Hotwire,you can contact hotel, as I did and ask for any info you need ie request view etc
    The hotel i booked anwered straight away too.

This is the hotel I got for under £199 for 2 nights for 2 people.....when you compare prices,you'll see what you can save. :thumbsup:
    Amsterdam (City Centre - Museum Quarter)
    5* Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam
    Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Business

amrathamsterdam.com/en/…me/

Hey Hotscot, thanks for this feedback.

Just to add that ]iBidlow also provides Priceline hotel names and is still in early beta stage, and more capabilities would be added soon, such as 'price prediction' and full comparison between Hotwire/Priceline/Market comparison per hotel.

If you guys have any comments or tips, we'd love to hear them!

Thanks,

Oz @iBidlow.com team

Worth knowing about. Thanks

Thanks for the heads up Hotscot, prone to a few days away now and then, not sure I've got my head around it but I'll look into the links :thumbsup:

mod

--spammed whilst reviewed

Banned

Sorry for the delay in reviewing the thread, thanks for the tip.

Original Poster

ozeboy;8022249

Hey Hotscot, thanks for this feedback. Just to add that ]iBidlow also … Hey Hotscot, thanks for this feedback. Just to add that ]iBidlow also provides Priceline hotel names and is still in early beta stage, and more capabilities would be added soon, such as 'price prediction' and full comparison between Hotwire/Priceline/Market comparison per hotel. If you guys have any comments or tips, we'd love to hear them!Thanks,Oz @iBidlow.com team

Welcome to HUKD, I found your link at Flyertalk and thought it's a good resource site to use along side Hotwire.
    I know it's a new site and is a working progress, thanks to your site I saved a few £'s. :thumbsup:
    Hopefully helpful to other hukd'ers too......

Original Poster

rhaleuk;8022940

Worth knowing about. Thanks

Arbk66;8023012

Thanks for the heads up Hotscot, prone to a few days away now and then, … Thanks for the heads up Hotscot, prone to a few days away now and then, not sure I've got my head around it but I'll look into the links :thumbsup:

It takes wee while to get it right,but it is worth it.:thumbsup:

aScottishBloke;8040242

Sorry for the delay in reviewing the thread, thanks for the tip.

No probs,better to be checked out, than not.:thumbsup:

i am not sure i under stand this but will read again cos i need a good hotle deal for rome one on my family is very ill and wants to go to the vatican i have free flights with my air miles but hotels in centre are more expensive than i remenber

Original Poster

miles136;8040366

i am not sure i under stand this but will read again cos i need a good … i am not sure i under stand this but will read again cos i need a good hotle deal for rome one on my family is very ill and wants to go to the vatican i have free flights with my air miles but hotels in centre are more expensive than i remenber

Basically,you in put your needs in Ibidlow (dates etc) then it shows you whats available,then opens up Hotwire site too to compare,
    then you narrow down areas,then look at the amenities,generally if they match on Hotwire,this should be the hotel named on Ibidlow.

Hotwire = cheap hotels,but does'nt name the hotel till after you book.

Ibidlow = a resource site to help you find the name of hotel on Hotwire before you book.

hotscot;8040439

Basically,you in put your needs in Ibidlow (dates etc) then it shows you … Basically,you in put your needs in Ibidlow (dates etc) then it shows you whats available,then opens up Hotwire site too to compare,then you narrow down areas,then look at the amenities,generally if they match on Hotwire,this should be the hotel named on Ibidlow.Hotwire = cheap hotels,but does'nt name the hotel till after you book.Ibidlow = a resource site to help you find the name of hotel on Hotwire before you book.

many thanks now i get it rep added xx

Original Poster

miles136;8040896

many thanks now i get it rep added xx

Hope it helped, been in touch with my hotel about my room and no problems at all with my bookings.....:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any PS4 News Here29313798
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553748
      3. 15 ways you can hack that Amazon Dash Button78
      4. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?98

See more discussions