Groups

Tipping Point - ITV Game Show

This show has to be one of the most boring TV game shows out there, almost as bad as Warwick Davies when he hosted 'Celebrity Squares'.

Ben Shephard abysmal attempts at livening the show up with phrases such as 'Needs a little lateral' and 'Its a rider' really do make me cringe. I mean the game show is based on the 2p machines that you get in the arcades at the seaside for crying out loud. Show should be axed immediately as its run its course. My wife is a fan and hence why I see it on TV, its is awful.

Anyone else think the same as I do or am I alone ok this one?

35 Comments

Your wife is a fan but you want it taking off the air?

Me me me me me.

I think your being unfair,

on the 2p machines in the arcades..

Original Poster

deeky

Your wife is a fan but you want it taking off the air?Me me me me me.

She can make do with 'The Chase'

I'm tipping towards good! I even have the game on my iPhone se
    Edited by: "Moonwolf1976" 3rd Feb

OH NO IT'S A RIDER

I agree with the OP, they should just stick with the chase.

The reason you do not like this program is because you are watching it! To get the full delights of this show you need to listen but NOT watch it. The players comments and sounds as they play could be coming from the bedroom.

Just do something else whilst your wife watches it

Agree with OP.

Get rid of the wife.

I'd say ban all game shows. They're all pants with no exceptions.. But if you will watch tv... you deserve what you get really

moneysavingkitten

I'd say ban all game shows. They're all pants with no exceptions.. But … I'd say ban all game shows. They're all pants with no exceptions.. But if you will watch tv... you deserve what you get really

​but, but, but what about crystal maze oO

Dont watch it OP.. they work off ratings and if they have enough the show works.. I cant stand rubbish like TOWIE or Real Housewifes I think anyone who watches them and enjoys it has some sort of mental deficiency.. and yes my Mrs watches them lol..

But I actually enjoy Tipping Point for easy watching.. but I much prefer things like Mock The Week or Celeb Juice esp when Susanna Reid & Holly Willoughby are on..
    Edited by: "haritori" 3rd Feb

We like Tipping Point.

We thinks it is mean though that the runners up don't get to keep their banked money.

Banned

I don't mind the show, however I can't stand the contestants who go on there and provide a running commentary all the time, even when it's someone else's turn!!! STFU!!!

If you've ever watched the show, you know the sort of people I mean

The last one where the guy went for no 2 ten times!

One hour of Ben Shephard saying "please." No thank you.

It makes me laugh how the people think the can influence the machine.
    Have they never been in a cold windy seaside resort on a Sunday out of season when there is literally nothing else to do other than lose several £'s in one of them? (or was it just me in cleethorpes)

Banned

I have learnt anyone who puts the star token in section 1 is an idiot if they do not win.

I have also learnt anyone who puts the star token in sections 2 or 3 is a sadomasochist.

That sums up the show. You can switch off at that point.

"It makes me laugh how the people think the can influence the machine."

a bit like Deal or no Deal....as if a strategy will help you win,it`s just opening boxes!

The bit at the end when the contestant opts to not gamble and then they cut to 'was it the right choice'

ARGHHHHHH NO just NO.

If they took the gamble, the entire situation would be different to their 'what could have happened' shot , which makes that part of the show pointless.

Aiden1512

Christ, is that crap still on air? This game show was much better *smh*

2008? I can imagine you running all the way home from nursery school just to watch it

https://31.media.tumblr.com/026bef59e2530d2f496f3c407a5ae333/tumblr_inline_nx6ulzl4sE1tt6p9k_500.gif

YouDontWantToKnow

I have learnt anyone who puts the star token in section 1 is an idiot if … I have learnt anyone who puts the star token in section 1 is an idiot if they do not win. I have also learnt anyone who puts the star token in sections 2 or 3 is a sadomasochist. That sums up the show. You can switch off at that point.

​you spent time learning things about the programme, was it some kind of religious penance?

bring back bully, the look on contestants faces when they lost a speedboat or a caravan, priceless.

deeky

2008? I can imagine you running all the way home from nursery school just … 2008? I can imagine you running all the way home from nursery school just to watch it

X) yeah, I really was that sad. (_;)

Aiden1512

X) yeah, I really was that sad. (_;):D

http://i.imgur.com/9ivEP1X.gif

deeky

I got the point too. Just didn't have anything in response X)

Aiden1512

I got the point too. Just didn't have anything in response X)

A simple 'smooth' would have done me X)

deeky

A simple 'smooth' would have done me X)

Smoooooooth

Aiden1512

Smoooooooth

https://31.media.tumblr.com/026bef59e2530d2f496f3c407a5ae333/tumblr_inline_nx6ulzl4sE1tt6p9k_500.gif

mug51

The bit at the end when the contestant opts to not gamble and then they … The bit at the end when the contestant opts to not gamble and then they cut to 'was it the right choice'ARGHHHHHH NO just NO. If they took the gamble, the entire situation would be different to their 'what could have happened' shot , which makes that part of the show pointless.

​Nooooooo!

We have to know!

I used to hate it when they didn't show that bit!

deeky

That has to be your fav Gif Deeky

haritori

That has to be your fav Gif Deeky

https://cinemabythesea.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/laughing-hysterically_thumb.gif%3Fw%3D267%26h%3B%3D199

Oh X)

deeky

Oh X)

2nd then lol.

Yes in my opinion it's awful too, no real skill it's more a game of chance. Don't understand how it gets recommissioned. used to like pointless but deferred to the bradders and co on the chase, his banter is great.

Original Poster

Another game show hate - Eggheads. I can't bear the lot of them. They come to a question that they are not sure on and then rule each one out providing detailed explanation to come to the one they go for which is usually correct anyway. It just winds me up that programme. Grrrr oO
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions