Tips for Easter if you care for a Person with Dementia

Found 14th AprEdited by:"miles136"
basic tips that may help with caring for a Person with Dementia over Easter, this group also offer free service to local people in the Stockton areas

tdls2016.org/ser…ces

facebook.com/tdl…ter

3214761.jpg
Community Updates
19 Comments
37464486-poSNK.jpg
wow ppl are actualy taking the time to vote it down, what is wrong with you ppl?
why has this been moved to misc?
Just a side note.. Many think it cost a fortune to get day care.. Ie... They go for the day to a home to give you time for a rest or for a few days but it don't. It's a stress going through the finances ect but even if you have a few grand stashed away (20k+) on this case the cost is very affordable. In this case £380 for the week... Then it was possible to go for a day or weekend as your on the system. Probably varies in different parts of UK but that's what happened here... I was shocked as I thought £1000 ish....
Edited by: "wayners" 14th Apr
wayners4 m ago

Just a side note.. Many think it cost a fortune to get day care.. Ie... …Just a side note.. Many think it cost a fortune to get day care.. Ie... They go for the day to a home to give you time for a rest or for a few days but it don't. It's a stress going through the finances ect but even if you have a few grand stashed away (20k+) the cost is very affordable. In this case £380 for the week... Then it was possible to go for a day or weekend as your on the system. Probably varies in different parts of UK but that's what happened here...

Yes wayners you re correct, here it can be £465 - £700, depends on the home you choose.

Can I ask you why do you think this was moved to misc? its a free and it gives good advice
wayners10 m ago

Just a side note.. Many think it cost a fortune to get day care.. Ie... …Just a side note.. Many think it cost a fortune to get day care.. Ie... They go for the day to a home to give you time for a rest or for a few days but it don't. It's a stress going through the finances ect but even if you have a few grand stashed away (20k+) on this case the cost is very affordable. In this case £380 for the week... Then it was possible to go for a day or weekend as your on the system. Probably varies in different parts of UK but that's what happened here... I was shocked as I thought £1000 ish....

My grandma goes to 2 day cares.
The council run one costs £44 a day, plus £4.50 for the lunch. And a £5/ week brokerage fee. So about £53 a day for that one that she goes to twice a week. 10.30am til about 4.
Then she goes to a charity run daycare, 9.30 to 3, that's £33 lunch included and £6 return on their minibus.
So we spend about £500 a month on these day cares, but it gives me a break 3x a week to go do stuff without her.

The equivalent in home care cost would be at least 2 or 3 times that, and at daycare she gets to interact with other people, gets fed, and do activities.

And the council run daycare offers respite care at the residential side for about £900 for 7 days with all the fees, less if you pay for more days at once as £700 is the cover for the days, and £200 odd in fees.
Edited by: "lasuil" 14th Apr
lasuil7 m ago

My grandma goes to 2 day cares.The council run one costs £44 a day, plus …My grandma goes to 2 day cares.The council run one costs £44 a day, plus £4.50 for the lunch. And a £5/ week brokerage fee. So about £53 a day for that one that she goes to twice a week. 10.30am til about 4.Then she goes to a charity run daycare, 9.30 to 3, that's £33 lunch included and £6 return on their minibus.So we spend about £500 a month on these day cares, but it gives me a break 3x a week to go do stuff without her.The equivalent in home care cost would be at least 2 or 3 times that, and at daycare she gets to interact with other people, gets fed, and do activities. And the council run daycare offers respite care at the residential side for about £900 for 7 days with all the fees, less if you pay for more days at once as £700 is the cover for the days, and £200 odd in fees.

This is a general response to this issues raised
Many people are unaware of the help they can get

Reduction in council TAX
assistance in home care costs
Attendance allowance - different rates

Putting their home in trust
Giving inheatence early
miles13630 m ago

basic tips that may help with caring for a Person with Dementia over …basic tips that may help with caring for a Person with Dementia over Easter (Image]

All good advice - only thing I would add is probably best to not let them hide the eggs for the hunt.
Saturn58 s ago

All good advice - only thing I would add is probably best to not let them …All good advice - only thing I would add is probably best to not let them hide the eggs for the hunt.

very good, I will e mail them that one
pmsl
I have asked the mods to return this to freebies as it will raise more attention there, then return it to misc after Easter so I do not gain any rep from heat that will keep the haters happy who reported it
Please support this going back to freebies for 2 weeks so as many people as possible see this
miles13610 m ago

I have asked the mods to return this to freebies as it will raise more …I have asked the mods to return this to freebies as it will raise more attention there, then return it to misc after Easter so I do not gain any rep from heat that will keep the haters happy who reported it Please support this going back to freebies for 2 weeks so as many people as possible see this

Here is a link to a this organisations website its useless to most of you because they only offer free services on Teesside but I have to include it so it can go back to freebies for 2 weeks

So if you live in west Teessdie you can get free services here

tdls2016.org/ser…ces
miles13622 m ago

This is a general response to this issues raised Many people are unaware …This is a general response to this issues raised Many people are unaware of the help they can getReduction in council TAXassistance in home care costsAttendance allowance - different rates Putting their home in trustGiving inheatence early

We've done all of that except the trust thing. My granny gave us all our inheritance when she was first diagnosed. We've just sold her house though and the money will have to go to her care costs.
We only get a 50% council reduction
miles1361 h, 32 m ago

why has this been moved to misc?

Don't worry about where post is placed or moved. Still got found and read my me and many others
Edited by: "wayners" 14th Apr
Hope your getting your 25% council tax reduction
deleted187932
We love you Miles.

Just saying,

xxxx
deleted18793214th Apr

We love you Miles.Just saying,xxxx

Er, don't presume to speak for anyone other than yourself please. Thank you.
ceres27 m ago

Er, don't presume to speak for anyone other than yourself please. Thank …Er, don't presume to speak for anyone other than yourself please. Thank you.

What a lovely comment to a vulnerable person. Happy Easter.
Willy_Wonka14th Apr

What a lovely comment to a vulnerable person. Happy Easter.

Wasn't aware that BillySollox, who my comment is addressed to, is a vulnerable person. Maybe you have knowledge that I don't. It's a bit early for Easter, unless you're a supermarket of course, so I'll just wish you happy-end-of-the-weekend.
It costs £750 a week were I work and that’s cheap for the company some of the newer homes cost over £1000 a week in some parts of the country.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants