Expired

Tips for stopping nausea?

Found 3rd Oct 2017
Been unwell for 4 days now. Was sick for 24 hours. Feel sick all the time ever since, no appetite what so ever. I feel awful and I'm sick of it (excuse the pun). I've had 1 small slice of toast with a little avocado this morning and 2 cups of peppermint green tea. This afternoon I keep having the odd sip of sprite as I find that helps me stop feeling queasy. (Doctor told me the tipyears ago with When I was pregnant and I swear by it. Usually)
I've been trying to get on with housework today to take my mind of it but it still keeps coming on. Just been for a short walk with the pooch n blast away the cobwebs but that's made me feel more sick. I'm at work in the morning I'm hoping It will be gone by then.
Ive looked on google n it's all just the usual stuff everyone already knows. So wondered if anyone has any tips they find works for feeling sick?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
15 Comments

We experience the sensation of nausea for a reason. If you need to be sick, let yourself vomit as there's something in the body which it doesn't like and therefore causes you to want to be sick to get rid of it. Sounds like it might be a bit of a virus. Eat whatever you feel like eating and drink lots of water to flush the bug out of your system and rehydrate after vomiting. Hope you feel better soon

Original Poster

squiff26 m ago

We experience the sensation of nausea for a reason. If you need to be …We experience the sensation of nausea for a reason. If you need to be sick, let yourself vomit as there's something in the body which it doesn't like and therefore causes you to want to be sick to get rid of it. Sounds like it might be a bit of a virus. Eat whatever you feel like eating and drink lots of water to flush the bug out of your system and rehydrate after vomiting. Hope you feel better soon

Thankyou
if there was a possibility I could be sick I would. ill just keep doing what I'm doing. I'm doing some mashed potato to go with my daughters meal so I think I will just have a bit of that. Im never normally a sickly person so to be feeling sick for 4 days it's concerning me a little bit. Had plenty of hangovers over the years but dont know if I've ever had a sickness virus so probs im just not used to it. Thankyou for your advice and wishes

if you feel like vomiting then it is quite serious. i sometimes feel unwell but if i ever feel like vomiting, then i feel really really bad. it is often caused by something that i have eaten and so it needs to go back out!

if you have been feeling unwell for 4 days then you should make an appointment to see your gp, although their waiting time is 2 weeks so if you are still ill at that time, then at least you know you will have an appointment slot shortly!

LeahsMintytoutou52 m ago

Thankyou if there was a possibility I could be sick I would. ill just …Thankyou if there was a possibility I could be sick I would. ill just keep doing what I'm doing. I'm doing some mashed potato to go with my daughters meal so I think I will just have a bit of that. Im never normally a sickly person so to be feeling sick for 4 days it's concerning me a little bit. Had plenty of hangovers over the years but dont know if I've ever had a sickness virus so probs im just not used to it. Thankyou for your advice and wishes

Any chance you could be pregnant?

Original Poster

squiff21 m ago

Any chance you could be pregnant?

Definatley not, lost my partner a few years ago. The feeling sick went away for about ten mins.. ate about a tablespoon of mashed potato and it's come back. This is going to sound weird but I keep getting little bolts of dizziness, literally last 2 seconds like a quick shock. And I can feel it in my tongue sounds strange I know. if I'm not feeling any better by tomorrow I will call the docs for advice over the phone. This all started after I had a steak from a takeaway on Saturday night. I knew I shouldn't have tried takeaway steak!

Original Poster

mutley139 m ago

if you feel like vomiting then it is quite serious. i sometimes feel …if you feel like vomiting then it is quite serious. i sometimes feel unwell but if i ever feel like vomiting, then i feel really really bad. it is often caused by something that i have eaten and so it needs to go back out!if you have been feeling unwell for 4 days then you should make an appointment to see your gp, although their waiting time is 2 weeks so if you are still ill at that time, then at least you know you will have an appointment slot shortly!

I'll give them a ring tomorrow after I finish work. Won't be waiting 2 weeks if it's still going on. I'll ask someone to ring me

I remember health visitors telling me to try crisps and flat pop on my kid when he was younger.

Original Poster

psychobitchfromhell10 m ago

I remember health visitors telling me to try crisps and flat pop on my kid …I remember health visitors telling me to try crisps and flat pop on my kid when he was younger.

I'm drinking sprite but just having the odd sip. can't stomach crisps for sure lo

Ginger or peppermint is good for settling the stomach.

LeahsMintytoutou1 h, 50 m ago

I'm drinking sprite but just having the odd sip. can't stomach crisps for …I'm drinking sprite but just having the odd sip. can't stomach crisps for sure lo

Sorry to hear you are unwell
Read this healthline.com/hea…ies

Original Poster

summerof7616 h, 25 m ago

Sorry to hear you are unwell Read this …Sorry to hear you are unwell Read this https://www.healthline.com/health/digestive-health/natural-upset-stomach-remedies#Ginger3

Thankyou, I'm feeling a little bit better, not great but still abit better.. ive eaten half a ham salad sandwich from cooplands and it's stayed put lol

mod

Let's keep chat on topic please and thanks

Also, @LeahsMintytoutou - give ginger biscuits a try.
My wife swore by them in early pregnancy and always kept nausea at bay.

Worth a try!

Original Poster

HutchAW9 m ago

Let's keep chat on topic please and thanks Also, …Let's keep chat on topic please and thanks Also, @LeahsMintytoutou - give ginger biscuits a try.My wife swore by them in early pregnancy and always kept nausea at bay.Worth a try!

Thankyou. I can't stand fresh ginger so didn't try any of the drinks that contain it. I didn't think of ginger biscuits, where were you yesterday with this suggestion! Lol.. Thankyou I'm feeling much better tonight I'll remember the ginger biscuits if there's ever a next time.
also thanks for stepping in, I presume it was you that noticed and put end to the other thing. Thanks

dial 111 for advice

Original Poster

anthony7124 m ago

dial 111 for advice

Thanks but I'm fine now.. it was some kind of virus. I've never had one before so I didn't know it could go on for so long. What a relief to be back on this planet
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants