Tips on Places to visit in Northern Ireland (Portrush area)

Found 7th Apr 2009
As the title says, i am off to NI for a few days in May, stopping in Portrush and have National Trust Membership - can anyone recommend any good places to visit either NT or other?

Much appreciated

1. Misc
  2. Ireland
6 Comments

Well Portrush itself is lovely & of course you mustn't miss Giant's Causeway. Just hope you have better weather than on my last visit. It rained every single day.

portrush.org.uk/Hom…asp

Dunluce Castle, Dunseverick harbour for a walk, Mussenden Temple and the Black Glen, Carrick-a-rede rope bridge, um, soooo much, Kinbane Castle, Portstewart Strand, Hezlette House in Castlerock for the ghost story, talk a boat trip n the River Bann, go up the Mount and Mountsandel forest. Visit Bushmills for a quiet drink, Ballintoy or Portballintrae, the white rocks nature reserve. Depending on the dates there are also good things on at the Riverside Theatre, Fowerfield Arts Centre and there is the North West 200 road racing.

Just to mention a few of my fav things lol

Carrick-a-rede rope bridge + 1 that was awesome.

if you're going to go to castlerock (it's just round the corner from mussenden temple - a must see!) you'll want to go to crusoes coffee shop.
crusoescoffeeshop.co.uk/are…htm :thumbsup:

Leila70;4859933

Dunluce Castle, Dunseverick harbour for a walk, Mussenden Temple and the … Dunluce Castle, Dunseverick harbour for a walk, Mussenden Temple and the Black Glen, Carrick-a-rede rope bridge, um, soooo much, Kinbane Castle, Portstewart Strand, Hezlette House in Castlerock for the ghost story, talk a boat trip n the River Bann, go up the Mount and Mountsandel forest. Visit Bushmills for a quiet drink, Ballintoy or Portballintrae, the white rocks nature reserve. Depending on the dates there are also good things on at the Riverside Theatre, Fowerfield Arts Centre and there is the North West 200 road racing.Just to mention a few of my fav things lol

That just about covers it all. I'd reccomend the Harbour bar in Portrush for an evening meal, one of my favourites. I'm pretty sure it was in the Ultimate Ulster top ten resturants.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Why was the deal I just posted removed?78
    2. Foo fighters presale code.109
    3. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.33
    4. Lost snipping tool on windows 10 laptop48

See more discussions