Tips on removing light scratches from phone screen

Posted 17th Dec 2019
Hi all, I made a mistake of putting my work iPhone on top of my 1 month old Xiaomi with both phones in my pocket. The protruding iPhone camera scratched my Xiaomi screen but they are only very light scratches.

Google suggests various methods like toothpaste, baker powder, nail polish and even a rubber eraser! I haven't tried any yet but wondered if anyone from the HUKD community have successfully repaired their phone screens from light scratches.

Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

23 Comments
Put a screen protector on hopefully they will vanish
I’ve heard that toothpaste (just plain white one) can work but never needed to try it myself.
Just use normal car Polish. If it's glass based your knackered, if it's an acrylic plastic it easily polishes out.
AllyOxenFree17/12/2019 21:49

I’ve heard that toothpaste (just plain white one) can work but never n …I’ve heard that toothpaste (just plain white one) can work but never needed to try it myself.

People do this with cds in prison and it works apparently
I have used this on a few watches and it does remove scratches. Should work on a phone screen. Polywatch Scratch Removing Polish For Watches amazon.co.uk/dp/…F2M
Arto17/12/2019 22:02

Why "in prison"?
Haircut_10017/12/2019 22:11

Why "in prison"?

Because they charge about £15 per cd and £30 per dvd in prison and it’s cheaper to use the free supplied toothpaste to fix it up. Plus you wait about 3 months from ordering to receive new cds/DVDs
I use this stuff on watches:-

39422642-7I7CB.jpg
Not sure if using an abrasive on a phone with a digitiser is a good idea though.
Prevention is better than cure.
Arto17/12/2019 22:48

Because they charge about £15 per cd and £30 per dvd in prison and it’s che …Because they charge about £15 per cd and £30 per dvd in prison and it’s cheaper to use the free supplied toothpaste to fix it up. Plus you wait about 3 months from ordering to receive new cds/DVDs

How do you know
Arto18/12/2019 08:05

What was you in for
Either that that or you're a corrupt af Prison Guard
Norseg18/12/2019 08:14

What was you in for Either that that or you're a corrupt af … What was you in for Either that that or you're a corrupt af Prison Guard

I know someone who is inside
Norseg18/12/2019 08:14

What was you in for Either that that or you're a corrupt af … What was you in for Either that that or you're a corrupt af Prison Guard

I used to teach in prisons, they can learn to do magical things with a bit of standard issue toothpaste, they become highly resourceful with minimal materials.
They make flapjacks and things with a pot noodle tub and a travel kettle
joeydeacon18/12/2019 09:08

I used to teach in prisons, they can learn to do magical things with a bit …I used to teach in prisons, they can learn to do magical things with a bit of standard issue toothpaste, they become highly resourceful with minimal materials.

If youve ever scratched a disc youll see tons of video's telling you to use toothpaste, doesnt even work

Not exactly magic
Edited by: "Norseg" 18th Dec 2019
Norseg18/12/2019 10:32

If youve ever scratched a disc youll see tons of video's telling you to …If youve ever scratched a disc youll see tons of video's telling you to use toothpaste, doesnt even workNot exactly magic

If you do it right it won’t fix it properly but will stop it from jumping as much
Arto17/12/2019 22:02

They brush their teeth with CDs in prison?
Arto18/12/2019 21:14

Most of them don’t have teeth

That's all the delicious toilet wine they drink
wyndhamworzelcrow18/12/2019 21:41

That's all the delicious toilet wine they drink

You mean hooch? Plus it is far stronger than anything you can buy in shops so your wrecked after 1 cup
devshib17/12/2019 21:41

Put a screen protector on hopefully they will vanish

You are spot on sir! Chucked a screen protector on today and the scratches magically vanished. Didn't know a thin bit of plastic could bend the light so much.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions