Groups

Tips on what to do in Riga, Latvia

Hi, i'm booked to go to Riga next week and wondered if anyone had been and could recommend what to do, where to eat and go out etc. Any suggestions would be gratefully received! Thank you

4 Comments

Been there 2 years ago..it`s a great place btw!
    Eat at Lido restaurants..there`s one in the town center for sure and i think others around the city too. Just go inside and have a look..the food is like self-serve so you can see and pick your own..and it looks&tastes amazing.
    Ahh and they have lots and lots of small cafes where you can get a drink and a really nice cake..get Kefir it`s like a youghurty-milk drink ..goes well with dessert:)
    As for what to do..if the weather is nice take a boat trip on the river..u`ll love it.
    There`s lots of clubs and stuff if i remember correctly in the new town center..between their famous lima clock and the river i think. It`s full of people at night!
    Also the Riga peasant/traditional/historic or something like that museum..is cool cuz u can see traditional clothing, furniture and stuff from latvia..and they give you some really cool old style shoes to wear whilst you visit.
    If you have time you can also take a bus to another city in Latvia..or see the coast. You could also go to Estonia and visit Tallin by bus.. which is kinda far but they do have quite a few buses going there and I heard it`s really nice.

recommend what to do

I recommend coming home!:giggle:

Seriously, though, I don't know but when you get back let us know how it went as I'm thinking of going there some time.

i heard you can go to gun ranges and play with ak47s! you should do that

smaua;1608087

If you have time you can also take a bus to another city in Latvia..or … If you have time you can also take a bus to another city in Latvia..or see the coast. You could also go to Estonia and visit Tallin by bus.. which is kinda far but they do have quite a few buses going there and I heard it`s really nice.

i went on a stag-do to Tallinn two years ago - a beautiful city (the old city) and buzzing nightlife (the new city). they also have places where you can play with AK-47s (they're great fun!!!). as it's on the coast, with a ferry terminal, we took a ferry to Finland for the day - about £40 return, but well worth it for all the lovely Finnish ladies!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One thing you've forgotten79
      2. Get an annual MOT reminder714
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185

See more discussions